Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown V

Started by dhornjr1, March 30, 2011, 01:26:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

April 16, 2011, 11:12:56 pm #150 Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:46:27 pm by clutch
Looking like we are going to take another one from the Dodgers. Man it is good to see the team scoring some runs. Kyle Mcclellan looked great too.

clutch

7th straight 10+ hit game

clutch

Wow.... First time since 1922 that the Cardinals have scored 8 runs in 5 straight games.

Hogtropolis™

And y'all were complaining about the offense! :)

clutch

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on April 17, 2011, 08:41:07 am
And y'all were complaining about the offense! :)

Guess Tony was right about it only being the first week of the season. The bats are on fire. I wish they would stay on the West Coast. They are lighting it up out there. Not sure I want them to return home.

pigture perfect

First 3 game win streak. Many more to follow, I hope. +1's
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

April 17, 2011, 05:45:20 pm #156 Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:46:56 pm by dhornjr1
Gee, another blown save and loss for Franklinhausen. I didn't see that coming. Now, we can hear La Russa tells us how much smarter he is than us if we dare to ask why Franklinhausen is still closing. This is reaching Chris Duncan/Sleestak levels.

jbell96

When is TLR going to give up on Franklin? Talk about putting a damper on what turned out to be a good road trip. I know you aren't supposed to put the go ahead run on base, but the Dodgers only have two guys hitting at all right now, and Kemp is one of them. Put him on base and make the other guys beat you.

dhornjr1

Quote from: jbell96 on April 17, 2011, 05:46:08 pm
When is TLR going to give up on Franklin? Talk about putting a damper on what turned out to be a good road trip. I know you aren't supposed to put the go ahead run on base, but the Dodgers only have two guys hitting at all right now, and Kemp is one of them. Put him on base and make the other guys beat you.

Quick question: would you rather lose the game by having one of those young fireballers out there who is still learning or would you rather lose it with a sore-armed 38-year old failure who should be ashamed that he is drawing a paycheck?

jbell96

I know what I would say, but apparently TLR would rather see the latter.

dhornjr1

Quote from: jbell96 on April 17, 2011, 05:56:10 pm
I know what I would say, but apparently TLR would rather see the latter.

Yeah, we're just not as smart as Don Tony.

clutch

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 17, 2011, 05:56:53 pm
Yeah, we're just not as smart as Don Tony.

The only thing I like about Tony is that Albert loves him.

dhornjr1

Quote from: clutch on April 17, 2011, 06:32:46 pm
The only thing I like about Tony is that Albert loves him.

That's true, but I don't think Pujols is coming back. From everything I've heard, they are just way too far apart on the money and years. They should have extended his deal about three years ago before it ever came to this.

clutch

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 17, 2011, 06:35:59 pm
That's true, but I don't think Pujols is coming back. From everything I've heard, they are just way too far apart on the money and years. They should have extended his deal about three years ago before it ever came to this.

That's what gets me. When you have a player like that you lock him down long before it comes to this. They knew what they had and they knew what was coming. Why even put yourself in position to get into a bidding war with other teams, or let it get to where the player has you by the balls.

pigture perfect

April 17, 2011, 11:13:51 pm #164 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:07:01 am by pigture perfect
Crap!!! Franklin needs to be relieved. He and Motte need to change roles.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 17, 2011, 11:13:51 pm
Crap!!! Franklin needs to be relieved. He and Motte nrrd to change roles.

No, not Motte either.

pigture perfect

At least Motte can scare them with pitches that aren't flat and down the middle..

Smolder

Oh TLR, you are a silly goose. We can't score 9 runs every game so you don't have to use Franklin in those situations. Bring on Sanchez. At least if he gets blown up, there is some upside with the knowledge/experience he gains.

WMHawgfan

I'm for either Boggs or Sanchez at this point. Boggs seems to have found his groove in middle relief, aka hasn't gotten blown up yet, and he has a pretty lively fastball in the mid 90's. All about control with him. I know you can't really make a call on a pitcher after 3 innings but 8 k's is pretty impressive. Not sure he is ready to be put Sanchez in the pressure cooker yet though.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

ched come back pls

dhornjr1

clutch

Sounds like a closer by committee situation now. Usually I hate that, but anything is better than Franklin.

clutch

WTH happened to La Russa's face? Looks like somebody beat the hell out of him.

dhornjr1

Quote from: clutch on April 20, 2011, 10:08:03 pm
WTH happened to La Russa's face? Looks like somebody beat the hell out of him.

He's got some kind of virus or infection.

dhornjr1

April 21, 2011, 01:20:42 am #174 Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 02:46:03 am by dhornjr1
Ryan Franklin Speaking About Cardinals Fans:

Quote"(the booing) doesn't bother me, but it just shows some people's true colors. You're either a fan or you're not."

"You don't boo your own team. I don't care who you are or what you say, or just because you spent your money to come here to watch us play that somebody happens to make one bad pitch and give up a homer and you are going to start booing him?

"They are supposed to be the best fans in baseball. Yeah, right."
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_2087cb64-b973-58cc-beb2-188ac325a9d8.html

I hope this worthless son-of-a-bitch falls off the face of the earth. He's making $3.5 million a year, has already blown four games this year, and he's complaining because the paying customers are tired of his incompetence?

And please spare me the "He's just frustrated. He really didn't mean it. See, he explained it later" argument.

He meant what he said but someone got to him and told him to backtrack on it. Screw him.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbell96

I'll give Franklin a pass on this even though it pi$$ed me off. He knows he sucks right now & doesn't know if he can fix it. Good thing is Sanchez & Boggs looked good last night closing the game out.

Smolder

Quote from: jbell96 on April 21, 2011, 10:54:21 am
I'll give Franklin a pass on this even though it pi$$ed me off. He knows he sucks right now & doesn't know if he can fix it. Good thing is Sanchez & Boggs looked good last night closing the game out.

Same. He said it in the heat of the moment. I wish Sanchez would get the job. He looks great. More than a strikeout an inning, doesn't give up hits or walks, etc.

jbell96

My two choices for closing were Boggs & Sanchez so I am glad one of them is getting a shot. Boggs probably got the nod since he has a bit more MLB experience.

pigture perfect

Franklin seems to have lost a little bit, but I think we need to give him credit for effort. I don't believe in booing your own players either.

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 21, 2011, 06:39:58 pm
Franklin seems to have lost a little bit, but I think we need to give him credit for effort. I don't believe in booing your own players either.

I don't normally, but it seemed to finally get the message to La Russa so I am fine with it.

With that said, I don't agree with what Franklin said. Even if it was a heat of the moment thing. You don't come out and criticize your fans like that. They are the ones putting the money in his pocket that he isn't earning. It's normal to be frustrated by the booing, but he should keep it to himself. He will only make things worse with remarks like that.

pigture perfect

Oh, I think Franklin was definitely out of line criticizing the fans. Two wrongs don't make a right.

dhornjr1

I don't think there is anything wrong with booing a guy that is performing terribly, unless it's a guy like Albert Pujols or Yadier Molina or Chris Carpenter, who have earned the right to suck once in a while. I don't boo players myself, but I will defend anyone's right to do so.

It wouldn't have bothered me so much if he had directed his remarks at the people who were booing but he lumped all fans into it. I don't care if it was in the heat of the moment or not, that was wrong. As a Cardinals fan, I wear the "Best Fans in Baseball" badge with honor and he besmirched it.

clutch

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 21, 2011, 10:33:28 pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with booing a guy that is performing terribly, unless it's a guy like Albert Pujols or Yadier Molina or Chris Carpenter, who have earned the right to suck once in a while. I don't boo players myself, but I will defend anyone's right to do so.

It wouldn't have bothered me so much if he had directed his remarks at the people who were booing but he lumped all fans into it. I don't care if it was in the heat of the moment or not, that was wrong. As a Cardinals fan, I wear the "Best Fans in Baseball" badge with honor and he besmirched it.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the situation too. I don't boo players myself, but I have no problem with fans that do. That is if they are deserving of it. Fans pay a lot of money to go and watch these guys play. If they aren't happy with their performance then they have every right to boo the guy. You don't want to get booed, then suck it up and work on your game.

pigture perfect

I grumble, but don't boo. Booing just seems childish to me I guess. Unless it's Brandon Phillips or the punk Cueto.

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 22, 2011, 10:20:39 pm
I grumble, but don't boo. Booing just seems childish to me I guess. Unless it's Brandon Phillips or the punk Cueto.

I'd like to see Yadi finish what was started last year with Phillips.

dhornjr1

Quote from: clutch on April 22, 2011, 10:39:19 pm
I'd like to see Yadi finish what was started last year with Phillips.

I'd like to see Shawn Michaels lace up some spikes and give some Sweet Chin Music to Johnny Cueto.

BulldogBasketball

TLR completely owned Dusty Baker in the first game of the series.

Switching Bautista into the starting role 15 minutes before game time was a genius move and not only for yesterday's game. The Reds went into their bullpen early last night and that could pay off tonight or tomorrow.

pigture perfect

McClellan and Lohse have been a pleasant surprise this year. I know Carp will pick it up, I'm just not sure of Jake.

pigture perfect

Carp is getting booed today. In a 2-2 game. Pretty sad. The 6th inning looks like it might be C. C.'s  last.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I haven't been able to watch today's game. Why is Carp getting boo'ed??
ched come back pls

pigture perfect

Walks and the Votto Homer.

jst01

Good god Franklin couldn't be any more unreliable. That guy is done in the bigs IMO. Just get one utility player out and its still a game but he couldn't do that.  I'm tired of tonys need to help a guy "get right" when said guy has lost his ability to play at this level. 

jst01

Oh, did they boo his ass again? After his comments and then giving up the two runs to lose a tie, he deserves whatever the fans wanna yell.  Retire Ryan!

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Good God. That's awful. Get Franklin out of here.
ched come back pls

dhornjr1

I didn't get to watch the game. Are you guys saying the fans booed Chris Carpenter?

dhornjr1

Quote from: HogsnCards on April 23, 2011, 07:44:23 pm
Good God. That's awful. Get Franklin out of here.

You know, what I hate worse than anything is that La Russa's big shtick is "playing a hard nine" but he literally gives games away just because he like certain players and doesn't like others.

pigture perfect

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 23, 2011, 10:27:45 pm
I didn't get to watch the game. Are you guys saying the fans booed Chris Carpenter?
Yes after the Votto Homer. I thought I was hearing it so I called a friend of mine who goes to most games, he was there and yes, Carp was and is getting heat.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I see this playing out the "Springdale/HDN" way. TLR puts in a younger guy just because of the heat, one slip up, and puts the older (and less talented) player in. The younger guy gets mad, and kaput. Whole team implodes. Meanwhile, we lose games.

Dear Mr. Blown Save King,
ched come back pls

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 23, 2011, 10:32:05 pm
Yes after the Votto Homer. I thought I was hearing it so I called a friend of mine who goes to most games, he was there and yes, Carp was and is getting heat.

Well, that's wrong. Carpenter has earned the right to suck. Unlike that sore-armed bastard that gave up the winning runs. Maybe the fans saw Franklinhausen warming up and started booing. :)