Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Local Stock upside

Started by razorhog52, August 14, 2015, 09:58:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhog52

Anyone have thoughts on Arkansas companies upside when it comes to investing? Everyone in Bentonville seems to have a missed Sam Walton story. I wish I would of hit up Dillard's when it was at 7 back in 09.

My 2 favorites are Windstream and Bank of the Ozarks. Windstream seems to have the most potential and B of O has been the strongest Bank the last few years.

ricepig

Quote from: razorhog52 on August 14, 2015, 09:58:31 pm
Anyone have thoughts on Arkansas companies upside when it comes to investing? Everyone in Bentonville seems to have a missed Sam Walton story. I wish I would of hit up Dillard's when it was at 7 back in 09.

My 2 favorites are Windstream and Bank of the Ozarks. Windstream seems to have the most potential and B of O has been the strongest Bank the last few years.

Windstream?? I'd justice like to have most of my money back, lol. I don't know why I thought they could pay a 10% dividend.

razorhog52

When it comes to Windstream, I hope they bottomed out in July. They've gone from 4.5 to 6.7 since then.

HawgWild

I started out investing in only Arkansas based companies. Did really well in Wal-Mart. Made a little on Worthen and CCX (Axciom). Broke even on Cannon Express before it went belly up and lost everything on Ammonia Hold. I know some guys that have made a bundle on Conway's Home Bancshares but I was never on board.