Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody Else See These Ads?

Started by Hogfaniam, May 28, 2015, 06:41:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

Saw this in USAToday. 

http://jimrickardsprophecy.com/mobile/tab-vid.php?ad=stockkws

I've noticed this a few other places, but normally in clickbate pages. $4.95. (get 20 million+ people to buy it, tada, instant retirement fund.)

Or is there more to it?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

McKdaddy

Fear-mongering.  Types like him have come out of the woodwork over the last 7 years.  In no way am I saying they are always wrong or that they'll always be wrong w/ their views, but their approach is to sell via fear which really turns me off.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

john c

Possibly we've been on the cusp ever since the failure in the Garden of Eden.  I read Rickard's "Currency Wars" when it came out and didn't find it as much "fear mongering" (in the negative sense of that term) as I did educational.  I haven't heard anyone come out and say that Rickard's is lying about the Pentagon games he was asked to structure/participate in.  And, to me, a lot of this makes sense in the realm that foreign powers look at financial manipulation as a tremendous weapon.  There are tools available today that simply haven't existed in history so why would we think that these tools/weapons wouldn't be used.  Now, even though I find much of his thesis plausible doesn't mean my gang is headed to the hills, but we are trying to keep an ear to the ground.  The guys on the Conspiracy Channel and Rickard are a long ways apart in my mind.   

McKdaddy

Quote from: john c on May 28, 2015, 11:21:01 am
The guys on the Conspiracy Channel and Rickard are a long ways apart in my mind.   

True.  The content and depth of his message is not so much the fear-mongering I reference, as much as it is the tactic of loud, "scary" headlines in his "buy my book" emails.  Not dissimilar to the news, I realize.

Anybody

I sure have.  That is why I have placed my bet on foreign currencies.

History will tell very shortly.

SKTF    Still Keeping The Faith

Hogfaniam

PEtrader

Quote from: Hogfaniam on May 29, 2015, 08:44:45 am
Anybody paid to get the info?

I will save you the money.    Everything is going to hell,  and the only way you can save yourself is by buying my book,  which will likely tell you to buy gold.

I am amazed out how easily duped people are.   The guy created a fake news cast to tell you to buy his book.    If you want real info,  go buy a bloomberg and read real data.   
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

PEtrader

Quote from: Anybody on May 29, 2015, 08:38:48 am

LOL.  Dear God.   Let's not kid ourselves here,  you aren't buying the euro,  you are buying Dinar. 
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

McKdaddy

Quote from: PEtrader on May 29, 2015, 10:09:10 am
I will save you the money.    Everything is going to hell,  and the only way you can save yourself is by buying my book,  which will likely tell you to buy gold.

I am amazed out how easily duped people are.   The guy created a fake news cast to tell you to buy his book.    If you want real info,  go buy a bloomberg and read real data.   

^^^^

PEtrader

Quote from: Anybody on May 29, 2015, 08:38:48 am

hog.goblin

I don't trust people who are balding in front (and on top) and growing hippie hair in the back.

had a bad personal experience...

Hogfaniam

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 14, 2015, 04:21:19 pm
I don't trust people who are balding in front (and on top) and growing hippie hair in the back.

had a bad personal experience...

WNB

hog.goblin