Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good healthcare companies worth buying into??

Started by CFB_Fanatic, May 26, 2015, 01:25:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CFB_Fanatic

Ive seen a few health care companies that make new products, medicines, etc for the health care field and I know thats one of the strongest areas of investment at the moment. Any good comapnies worth looking into?? Although Im a nurse I dont know much about the investment side of things. Any help would be appreciated.

BENTON PIGGEE

Biotech has been going up, but lots of times individual companies have bad surprises. I have been trading XBI, a biotech exchange traded fund with a good amount of smaller companies that have homerun potential. 5 of their top 10 holdings are up over 100% year to date, with XBI being up 50% in the same time frame.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on July 13, 2015, 10:30:58 pm
Biotech has been going up, but lots of times individual companies have bad surprises. I have been trading XBI, a biotech exchange traded fund with a good amount of smaller companies that have homerun potential. 5 of their top 10 holdings are up over 100% year to date, with XBI being up 50% in the same time frame.

SOLID! Thanks! Ill have to look into them. I was told to hold off on healthcare though because apparantly in 2017 there will be a new shakeup in the federal health plans and how medical companies receive payment that could seriously decrease profit margins. I could trade until then but I dont want to get stuck in either, or sell at a loss

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on July 20, 2015, 12:22:44 am
SOLID! Thanks! Ill have to look into them. I was told to hold off on healthcare though because apparantly in 2017 there will be a new shakeup in the federal health plans and how medical companies receive payment that could seriously decrease profit margins. I could trade until then but I dont want to get stuck in either, or sell at a loss

if your wooried buy a smaller position. the feds will pay more for the treatments that work.

jim shell

check out vanguard health care fund.....has done very well

RivercrestHog

Look at Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy. I'm not sure what their financials look like, but they've been making some major moves in the specialty pharmacy field which is an area that's been growing a lot.