Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Real Estate Agents

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, February 02, 2015, 02:42:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

have a couple of questions concerning the sale of my house (I'm in TN).  If you could pm me, that would be Hogsome!

PP

hogbud

Current "Consumers Report" has some good info on selling homes and realtors

PEtrader

Do you have to have a realtor to buy?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Old Tusk

I've sold a couple of properties over the last couple of years by auction. The results have been very good. Of course, the auctioneer is important, but I will always auction.

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

aristotle

Quote from: PEtrader on February 27, 2015, 08:35:06 pm
Do you have to have a realtor to buy?

You are supposed to on residential listings by a broker I think. You don't need to on FSBO.  Of course, the sell side party is paying the split, so there's usually no reason not to hire one for a purchase that's listed. 

mj4president

Quote from: aristotle on March 02, 2015, 06:57:04 pm
You are supposed to on residential listings by a broker I think. You don't need to on FSBO.  Of course, the sell side party is paying the split, so there's usually no reason not to hire one for a purchase that's listed. 

Here's why it's a good idea to have a buyer agent:

1.How is that selling agent supposed to give great service to both sides? They simply can't have the best interest of both parties.

2.Negotiation- Markets change and they are the experts. They also know the detailed history, also see number 1.

3. Like it's been mentioned, it doesn't cost you anything since seller pays.

4. Probably the most important, assist in getting to the closing table. The work begins once an offer is accepted.

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Pulled(PP)pork

My place is dead in the water. ....literally. a huge leak has reappeared in my roof, causing havoc in my garage and I can't show the house until it is repaired.

PP

mj4president

Depending on financing type, couldn't move that until fixed as well.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

DLUXHOG

realtors make "x" % of the sales price of the home..... that said... you aren't their priority.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

aristotle

Quote from: mj4president on March 16, 2015, 01:27:38 pm
Here's why it's a good idea to have a buyer agent:

1.How is that selling agent supposed to give great service to both sides? They simply can't have the best interest of both parties.

2.Negotiation- Markets change and they are the experts. They also know the detailed history, also see number 1.

3. Like it's been mentioned, it doesn't cost you anything since seller pays.

4. Probably the most important, assist in getting to the closing table. The work begins once an offer is accepted.

Yep. There are some states that allow dual agency (agent to rep both sides of the transaction) and those that don't. Arkansas allows dual agency. But unless it's a simple offer/close with little negotiation I would certainly suggest getting an agent from another brokerage to rep me as buyer.

twistitup

Do real estate agents still exist? Do they share office space w travel agents?

I know a guy named Craig, he doesn't require you fix anything - sell it 'as is' w/ an approximate quote for repair.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BENTON PIGGEE

I like what a realtor can do for a seller, especially if the property isn't in your home town. 6% is a little rich for me. I've tried to negotiate % but they won't come down(collusion?). Is there any type of agent that could provide basic service for less? Like showing the house, helping close?

I'm not doing craigslist-I tried to rent out something on there, too many scammers and lowlifes.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on March 20, 2015, 08:23:36 pm
I like what a realtor can do for a seller, especially if the property isn't in your home town. 6% is a little rich for me. I've tried to negotiate % but they won't come down(collusion?). Is there any type of agent that could provide basic service for less? Like showing the house, helping close?

I'm not doing craigslist-I tried to rent out something on there, too many scammers and lowlifes.
I think for that to happen, you would have to personally know them, they like their money

PP

aristotle

If you have patience and time, you could try to sell it yourself and keep the commission cut. Here's a site to get started that could help you market it.

http://fsbo.com/

And Benton, there is another option for renting out properties. It usually costs the equivalent of one month's rent but could be useful. It's call the Tenant Search Only option and many realtors/property managers have a service like this. They'll market your rental, screen tenants, get them rented then hand it back to you to manage.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: aristotle on March 21, 2015, 08:45:32 am
If you have patience and time, you could try to sell it yourself and keep the commission cut. Here's a site to get started that could help you market it.

http://fsbo.com/

And Benton, there is another option for renting out properties. It usually costs the equivalent of one month's rent but could be useful. It's call the Tenant Search Only option and many realtors/property managers have a service like this. They'll market your rental, screen tenants, get them rented then hand it back to you to manage.
my current agent offers this for $100/mo.  Of course, we would work that fee into the rent.

this is my property

http://idx.hickmanrealty.com/idx/10757/details.php?idxID=318&listingID=165720

PP

aristotle

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 21, 2015, 09:01:58 am
my current agent offers this for $100/mo.  Of course, we would work that fee into the rent.

this is my property

PP

That's a damn nice property. He's managing it for $100/mo or doing just client searches for $100/mo?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: aristotle on March 21, 2015, 12:29:35 pm
That's a damn nice property. He's managing it for $100/mo or doing just client searches for $100/mo?
she will do background checks, credit checks and client searches.  Not sure who would get the money monthly.  We are looking at $1500/month, that clears us $200 and her the $100, plus pays the mortgage.  Smaller houses (and I mean SMALLER) are going for 1100-1400/mo

PP

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on March 21, 2015, 09:01:58 am

this is my property

PP
Nice house.
I hope the chick in the pic is your agent and not that dude. That cat has "I'm a doosher" written on his forehead.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: golf2day on March 21, 2015, 12:44:18 pm
Nice house.
I hope the chick in the pic is your agent and not that dude. That cat has "I'm a doosher" written on his forehead.
Husband and wife team, they are loaded!

PP