Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 05:05:09 am

Iraqi Dinar

Started by Anybody, January 18, 2015, 11:16:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody

How safe is this foreign currency as an investment?  What is the going price for a million Dinar?  What other currencies look promising for the near future?

Thanks for your input.

ricepig

Quote from: Anybody on January 18, 2015, 11:16:52 pm
How safe is this foreign currency as an investment?  What is the going price for a million Dinar?  What other currencies look promising for the near future?

Thanks for your input.

Did you see the scam on TV the other night? I wouldn't touch it at all.

Ragnar Hogbrok

There's been an Iraqi dinar scam in one form or another since at least Jan/Feb 2003.  I have a few dinar...I'll sell 'em to you for a good price.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

nlrwildcat1

My friend and his family invested right when it was offered and that was almost ten years ago. they will never see a return on that without a huge loss

PorkRinds

Quote from: Anybody on January 26, 2015, 12:49:33 pm
Why not ?  If they bought it at .00086 per dinar (less than a penny), and it revalues at $3.58 USD (U.S. Dollar) per dinar or higher.......   can you use a calculator ?

Because it isn't going to revalue.  Iraq will be lucky to even BE a country in the next decade, much less one with its own currency.

twistitup

Only need one for the collection
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Anybody

Because Iraq has 10 times the natural resources of any country in the Middle East - oil, gas, gold, silver, titanium, etc.  Are you aware that MOST wars are fought over natural resources, as opposed to political reasons? 

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 26, 2015, 02:56:11 pm
Because it isn't going to revalue.  Iraq will be lucky to even BE a country in the next decade, much less one with its own currency.

This.  Iraq will be dissected into no fewer than two states (Kurds and Arabs, and even then possibly Sunni and Shia areas could be split).  Heck, they can't even repel a rag-tag group of foreign invaders with billions of dollars worth of U.S. military equipment and training.

Their state will not last.  Their currency is a laughable investment because the dinar's value was based on petroleum and the Saudis are pumping like it's going out of style.  Also, the Kurds will control a sizable portion of the oil there once the country is split up.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Anybody

No, Old Tusk.  The dinar has been available as an investment for the last 12 or 13 years.

Most of the major banks offered it through their foreign currency investment department.  I got a small amount at WalMart's 1st Convenience Bank in Texas.  It is a program designed by George W. Bush and Dick Cheney where the Iraq war would not cost a dime.  The country of Iraq is primed for massive investment and growth, and many individuals including those in the United States, will profit accordingly.   

PorkRinds

Quote from: Anybody on January 27, 2015, 09:26:55 pm
No, Old Tusk.  The dinar has been available as an investment for the last 12 or 13 years.

Most of the major banks offered it through their foreign currency investment department.  I got a small amount at WalMart's 1st Convenience Bank in Texas.  It is a program designed by George W. Bush and Dick Cheney where the Iraq war would not cost a dime.  The country of Iraq is primed for massive investment and growth, and many individuals including those in the United States, will profit accordingly.

Um...have you seen the news lately? Iraq is primed for Isis to tear it apart.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 27, 2015, 10:23:34 pm
Um...have you seen the news lately? Iraq is primed for Isis to tear it apart.

I heard things were all good...I figured it was the truth since we don't see much news coverage anymore.

h0gfan6

There's a better chance the leaves on my lawn revalue. 

twistitup

PEtrader

Quote from: Old Tusk on January 26, 2015, 07:38:54 pm
If there was a chance the dinar be devalued, wall street bankers and hedge funds would have already cornered the market.

Yep
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Anybody

PEtrader -  Are you familiar with recent history where the Kuwati dinar revalued at $3.22 after being worth virtually nothing while their war was in effect?  A lot of people in the know bought it for less than a penny, and became overnight millionaires when it was reinstated.  We expect the same to happen very shortly with the Iraqi dinar. 

HawgWild

Can I buy Dinars with Bitcoins?

Old Tusk

While I continue to urge you to buy all the dinars you can get your hands on, note that Kuwait issued a new bank note series who's exchange was at prewar levels.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

PEtrader

Quote from: Anybody on February 02, 2015, 04:07:50 pm
PEtrader -  Are you familiar with recent history where the Kuwati dinar revalued at $3.22 after being worth virtually nothing while their war was in effect?  A lot of people in the know bought it for less than a penny, and became overnight millionaires when it was reinstated.  We expect the same to happen very shortly with the Iraqi dinar.

Are you serious?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Anybody

I AM DEAD SERIOUS.  I have been studying this for almost 5 years.  This will be the biggest transfer of wealth the world has ever seen.  History will tell the story.

twistitup

Quote from: Anybody on February 03, 2015, 12:35:31 am
I AM DEAD SERIOUS.  I have been studying this for almost 5 years.  This will be the biggest transfer of wealth the world has ever seen.  History will tell the story.

If you've studied it for 5 years why did you open by asking Hogville if it was a safe investment ?

McKdaddy

Quote from: twistitup on February 03, 2015, 04:21:16 am
If you've studied it for 5 years why did you open by asking Hogville if it was a safe investment ?

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

PEtrader

Quote from: twistitup on February 03, 2015, 04:21:16 am

My guess is he is trying to sell the stuff himself. 

PEtrader

Quote from: The Chief on February 03, 2015, 09:54:35 am
Trying to sell all the worthless dinar he bought to someone else to make his money back.
haha,  probably.

Anybody

No, just trying to get a pulse on how widespread the information is with fellow Hogville members in the Finance/Investment Forum.

GO HOGS 2015 !   KTF (Keep The Faith)

Anybody

History will tell very shortly.  KTF  (Keep The Faith)

PEtrader

Quote from: Anybody on February 07, 2015, 11:22:27 pm
History will tell very shortly.  KTF  (Keep The Faith)

You are up late,  putting in the analytics?

dafe1

The Dinar, heh. It's always just about to revalue. One more week guys, just one more week.

Anybody

Looking good for THIS weekend into Monday or Tuesday.

History will tell the whole story. 

Keeping The Faith

twistitup

Quote from: Anybody on February 14, 2015, 01:15:56 am
Looking good for THIS weekend into Monday or Tuesday.

History will tell the whole story. 

Keeping The Faith
If it does not happen does your faith take a hit ?

Anybody

twistitup -  No, not at all.  We know it has to be reinstated or revalued because the country and government of Iraq is ready right NOW for investment by major companies around the world.  We feel it will happen sooner rather than later.

Oh, and by the way, the U.S., as well as other countries around the globe that own dinar, are counting on this GCR (Global Currency Reset) to help offset their respective debt and give their economies a boost.

KTF

GO HOGS 2015 !

PEtrader

Quote from: Anybody on February 14, 2015, 02:54:42 pm
twistitup -  No, not at all.  We know it has to be reinstated or revalued because the country and government of Iraq is ready right NOW for investment by major companies around the world.  We feel it will happen sooner rather than later.

Oh, and by the way, the U.S., as well as other countries around the globe that own dinar, are counting on this GCR (Global Currency Reset) to help offset their respective debt and give their economies a boost.

KTF

GO HOGS 2015 !

What about Isis over running the country?  Hard to build infrastructure and factories when you have no head. 

ricepig

Quote from: PEtrader on February 14, 2015, 03:43:01 pm
What about Isis over running the country?  Hard to build infrastructure and factories when you have no head. 

Or they blow them up every other week.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Dude, you can admit to us if you got Ponzi'd.  If you are still giving money to any group advocating investment in the dinar, just stop.  If you don't like money, you can give it to me instead of less than honest schemers.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: twistitup on February 15, 2015, 05:27:49 am
I tried to pay for dinner last night with some Dinars- I told them don't look so confused, when that shiite revalues you wil see I just paid you 1,000.00 for my meal and drinks.

1000 for some Taco Bell. You got ripped off.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

PEtrader

Quote from: twistitup on February 15, 2015, 05:27:49 am
I tried to pay for dinner last night with some Dinars- I told them don't look so confused, when that shiite revalues you wil see I just paid you 1,000.00 for my meal and drinks.

Too bad you couldn't sell as good as whoever sold this guy on the dinar.   You would of got a free meal. 

Ragnar Hogbrok

I have some magic beans for sale.  If you're interested in this amazing opportunity, send me $500 cash and I'll let you get in on this deal on the ground floor.

PEtrader

Quote from: The Chief on February 15, 2015, 10:55:40 pm
I have some magic beans for sale.  If you're interested in this amazing opportunity, send me $500 cash and I'll let you get in on this deal on the ground floor.

Ground floor? I don't think I can pass this up.

CabotHog87

Dinars? Is that like Pesos?

twistitup

RazorPiggie

I remember when my parents bought some of this stuff way back when.

PEtrader

Did it happen!  Did he make his millions!

YankHog

Quote from: PEtrader on February 20, 2015, 11:47:11 am
Did it happen!  Did he make his millions!
i've got a stack of old $500 Iraqi Dinar bill's with Saddam's mug on it i'll let go for half that in USD  ;D  (BTW they were worth about 25 cents at the time)

HawgWild

I'm showing the current exchange rate as 1 USD = 1,189.95 IQD. FWIW - It's 5 year trading range has been between 1128.67 to 1202.00 to 1 USD. Still waiting on that pop.

Anybody

The RI (Reinstatement) of approx. $3.48 USD per 1 dinar is scheduled to show when the banks in Iraq open on Saturday morning, and will be posted in their Gazette newspaper which implements and puts it into law.

Keeping The Faith

twistitup

CabotHog87

PorkRinds

Quote from: Anybody on February 20, 2015, 01:30:06 pm
The RI (Reinstatement) of approx. $3.48 USD per 1 dinar is scheduled to show when the banks in Iraq open on Saturday morning, and will be posted in their Gazette newspaper which implements and puts it into law.

Keeping The Faith

LULZ.  This has to be an epic troll job.

twistitup

PEtrader

Quote from: Anybody on February 20, 2015, 01:30:06 pm

Keeping The Faith

what time should we check in?

Ragnar Hogbrok

So, are you a millonaire yet?