Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Invest $10,000

Started by The Hogfather, March 31, 2014, 08:57:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 22, 2014, 02:44:04 am
Haha idk how slummy, but I've norticed high risk high reward.  You could buy a house for 40k or 10k down and it'll probably rent for 450-500 which is just an absolutely ridiculous return, but somebody might get murdered at it or a meth lab etc... I want to buy one of those so bad and have my parents manage it but they won't.
last property i bought was a bank repo, 18k and it was already rented to a guy who is paying 600 a month. Its a little rough but not horrible, i had to tear down the garage and put up a shed for the guy, that cost me 1200, and i had to rebuild the back deck. So there are really good deals out there, you just gotta look
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: twistitup on May 22, 2014, 06:02:20 am
Id do my research and invest in the most cutting edge vaporizer company out there....smoking of all kinds is trending down - vaporization is blowing up / a healthier alternative- it is here to stay. Tobacco smokers and herb smokers are basically using the same devices.

Yes, regulations are on the way for the liquid compounds  but this will only make he vaporizer industry more legit. Too bad Storz / Bickel is not publicly traded - they are the best....but there are others. Focus on a cpamy that makes the pen - it's portable and people love it.

Venture capital companies still own those.

kodiakisland

If you are seriously looking for a place to put $10K, look at ruger and smith&wesson.  Take a look at what they have done since Obama has been in office.  It may not make sense, but people buy more guns when democrats are in office.  As we get closer to the primaries, expect a huge increase in buying if Hillary gets the nomination.  If she actually gets elected president, the first 6 months to a year after will be unbelievable.  If a Republican is elected, dump the stock. 
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

HawgWild

I read last week in the newspaper that guns sales were tapering off. I think the run-up in the pps for these stocks has already taken place and the pace will slow if not fall. JMHO.

kodiakisland

If Hillary gets the nomination, they will increase.  If actually elected, gun sales will be at an all time high in the first 6 months.  If Hillary does not get her parties nomination and no other Democrat that is considered anti gun gets it either, sales will taper down.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

SWarkansasman

Do something tactical that has a successful track record.  We have both.

The Hogfather

Quote from: SWarkansasman on September 12, 2014, 02:42:00 pm
Do something tactical that has a successful track record.  We have both.

Who has both?

HawgWild

"We". Didn't you read his post?  ;D

Cresthog

Old thread but I'd like to bring it back.

I just changed jobs and am moving my initital 401k into a Roth. Seem a pretty safe bet at this point and I'd rather take the tax hit now, as opposed to after it grows.

I agree with most on here, if you don't do it for a living, don't mess around with stocks.

I also trade ag commodities for a living, I just don't have the time to mess around when my yearly take home depends so much on other markets.

HawgWild

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 01, 2014, 03:17:10 pm
ALU up nearly 4% today!  Didn't pull the trigger on it, either.

Did you ever buy any ALU? It's in M&A talks with Nokia. Made a 20% move upwards in the last two days.

The Hogfather

Is now a good time to buy another chunk of VOO?  Or, wait?

The Hogfather

I'll probably wait another couple of weeks to a month and buy a good chunk.  Thoughts?

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 24, 2015, 09:06:57 pm
I'll probably wait another couple of weeks to a month and buy a good chunk.  Thoughts?

8/25 would have been a good day to buy. If s&p 500 goes below 1900 I think that would be a good time to get some.

BigBrandonAllenFan

October 29, 2015, 10:17:40 pm #63 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:43:24 pm by BigBrandonAllenFan
I just bought a chunk of Fidelity Select Natural Gas (FSNGX) through my 403b account.  The FSNGX mutual stock is priced very low, mostly because the stock price runs in coincidence with the current $2.20 per cubic foot price for natural gas. Less than 30 days ago, the cubic foot price for natural gas was $2.86.  i'll take the buy on that drop, especially with a colder than average winter forecast for much of the heavy populated areas of the USA.. With winter creeping up, the price of isn't going to get any cheaper than it is now. 

The price of natural gas bottomed out early this week and has ran near flat the last few days.  A 10% rebound gain in 30 days is likely in the FSNGX stock price.  You can buy it now cheaper than anytime in the last 5 years.  I have a 0.75% early redemption fee on shares held less than 30 days.  I'll gladly pay that fee if I can grab a quick 5% rise within the next 30 days.  Never get greedy with Wall Street if you can grab 4%+ in less than 30 days. 

I bought in today (FSNGX) at $24.81 per share.  I'll tag a subsequent post when I sell.  I'm banking (literally) that sell day will be sooner than later.. Incidently, I've made over 40 trades through my 403b Fidelity account since January of this year, all at a profit.

I bought a large chunk of Fidelity Select Gold (FSAGX) when the price of gold dropped to $1085 an ounce, which I figured was bottomed out at that time about 75 days ago, and evidently it was.  I cashed 80% of the stock in last week when gold rebounded to $1175 an ounce.  I count $1200 as the equilibrium for the price of gold. It was a no-brainer buy IMO.  I raked 15% profit in that 75 day span.

Here is a look at the 10/29 NASDAQ closing charts on FSNGX>

If you want a solid buy, get it now.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/fsngx

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 29, 2015, 10:17:40 pm

Here is a look at the 10/29 NASDAQ closing charts on FSNGX>

If you want a solid buy, get it now.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/fsngx

If you did buy it, sell it.  I cashed in 75% of the investment today at a 6.55% net profit after paying a 3/4% early redemption fee, that in just a 10 day long investment..

Check the NASDAQ charts, check the posts.  They all match.  No spoof, just troof, as Sterling from Center Ridge would say..

I'm sure no one followed suit on the buy.  A 5.1% gain came in just the last two days of trading though, so it is definitely a SELL after only 3 days since buying.

I'll throw my next large buy on the table here too.  That may happen tomorrow, or it may happen next month.  Just depends on the market situation.  Patience and timing.  That's all it takes to win.  If you wanna make a dollar, open a Fidelity Mutual Fund account if you don't already have one.. Take a few days to familiarize/study the charts, the lingo, ect.  Take a few minutes daily to check the markets.  You'll find your head in the game pretty quickly.  It isn't difficult.  You'll be glad you did.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I just bought a mild portion Fidelity Select Gold today.  The market closes in about 55 minutes, and gold have nose dived in the last two days, down to 1107 per ounce.  The stock should take a big dip at days end today.  Look for a quick rebound in the coming two weeks. 

Incidentally, this is the 5th time I have purchased this same fund since January, then sold it x4 now.

Don't say I didn't tell ya'.

I'll put up a subsequent post with my closing purchase price today and will inform on the progress of the buy.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 04, 2015, 02:11:19 pm
I just bought a mild portion Fidelity Select Gold today.  The market closes in about 55 minutes, and gold have nose dived in the last two days, down to 1107 per ounce.  The stock should take a big dip at days end today.  Look for a quick rebound in the coming two weeks. 

Incidentally, this is the 5th time I have purchased this same fund since January, then sold it x4 now.

Don't say I didn't tell ya'.

I'll put up a subsequent post with my closing purchase price today and will inform on the progress of the buy.

As I anticipated by the drop in raw gold price and a slightly down NASDAQ composite, Fidelity Select Gold dropped .30 cents to $14.10, down 2.08%, which is exactly what I played for.  It's called timing the market.

If the price of the stock falls 5%, I'll double my investment.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/Fund/FSAGX?countrycode=US

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 05, 2015, 12:26:28 pm
As I anticipated by the drop in raw gold price and a slightly down NASDAQ composite, Fidelity Select Gold dropped .30 cents to $14.10, down 2.08%, which is exactly what I played for.  It's called timing the market.

If the price of the stock falls 5%, I'll double my investment.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/Fund/FSAGX?countrycode=US

Now with 50 minutes to go in the week's trading, I went ahead and doubled my investment on Fidelity Select Gold, buying an equal amount I bought yesterday.  Gold has slumped $5.00 to $1103 per ounce since my buy yesterday, and the NASDAQ is down about 30 points, which means I should get a 1% to 2% drop in the stock price today, maybe more. 

The reason to double?>>>  If I paid $14.10 a share yesterday (as I did), then buy the same stock for $13.90 today, my actual cost per all shares drops to $14.00.  Given the fact the gold price is low right now overall and probably near bottomed out at $1100, it's a good situation.