Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eagles will win the SB

Started by HognotinMemphis, January 23, 2018, 11:28:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

EastexHawg

I don't think so.  In big games the team with the best QB usually wins.  I expect Foles to struggle.  He's not even the best QB on his own team.

widespreadsooie

Interesting match up. Eagles D is good enough to contain Pats O. Nick Foles is the obvious kicker. I can see the Eagles winning if he has a slightly above average game.

pigture perfect

I thought the Falcons would win last year and almost did. I think there are too many leprechauns on the Patriots. Even though a great percentage of my DNA is Irish, I hope the Eagles blow out the Pats.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

cosmodrum

Brady vs Foles. I will go with Brady.
Go away, batin'

widespreadsooie

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 24, 2018, 10:43:21 am
Brady vs Foles. I will go with Brady.

QB match up is one angle. Defense is another, and the Eagles have a far superior D than the Pats. That's why Nick Foles doesn't have to play his ass off, just don't screw it up.

EastexHawg

Quote from: widespreadsooie on January 24, 2018, 11:32:31 am
QB match up is one angle. Defense is another, and the Eagles have a far superior D than the Pats. That's why Nick Foles doesn't have to play his ass off, just don't screw it up.

If the Eagles are going to win there will come a time when Foles is going to have to make plays to make it happen.  "Playing a solid game" will get you the same thing Blake Bortles and the Jags got...a loss.  That's because Brady will make plays. 

widespreadsooie

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 24, 2018, 12:48:18 pm
If the Eagles are going to win there will come a time when Foles is going to have to make plays to make it happen.  "Playing a solid game" will get you the same thing Blake Bortles and the Jags got...a loss.  That's because Brady will make plays. 

Of course, he'll have to make some plays.

cosmodrum

To his point, Trent Dilfer has a ring, but I would too if I played with that Baltimore D. Eagles defense is very good, but I agree with you, Foles will have to make some plays to win. I expect the Pats to be down at the half, Belicheck to make halftime adjustments, Brady will be Brady.
Go away, batin'

holeinthewall

This is the first time I can ever remember having no interest in the Super Bowl.  Can't stand either team and the Eagles green makes me want to puke

Hawgndaaz

EastexHawg

The NFL has killed the goose that laid the golden egg.  The kneeling and political crap have turned off a lot of fans.  The guys I know and I have talked about how we haven't watched a single game start to finish and don't plan to watch going forward.  It seems the league misjudged its target audience.  Idiots like Jerry Jones come out and kneel with the players, as if he is "one of the boys", then take a look at ratings and attendance and try to change course.  Unfortunately for them, the cow is already out of the barn.

Hawgndaaz

viewership is down by double digit % this year. no Bueno.

Buff

He played a great game against a better (allegedly - that's up in the air now) defense last week.  If he can keep his nerves calm, I think he can shine bright.  The Eagles did a great job last week of easing him into the game.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

alohawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 25, 2018, 09:33:58 am
The NFL has killed the goose that laid the golden egg.  The kneeling and political crap have turned off a lot of fans.  The guys I know and I have talked about how we haven't watched a single game start to finish and don't plan to watch going forward.  It seems the league misjudged its target audience.  Idiots like Jerry Jones come out and kneel with the players, as if he is "one of the boys", then take a look at ratings and attendance and try to change course.  Unfortunately for them, the cow is already out of the barn.

They overplayed their hand. Surely they'll rethink the approach during the off season, you'd think.
  :puke: eagles.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

onebadrubi

Teams that have it easy the week before usually play down the following week, eagles had it too easy against vikes.   If gronk is a go I'm taking pats

Cargill A. BullHog

The Patriots have never beat an NFC East team in the Super Bowl.  Maybe Tom terrific isn't as terrific against traditional powers like the Cowboys.  Cowboys would beat the Patriots if they could ever make the Super Bowl again.

Forgot about the Giants.  They've never beaten them either
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

HiggiePiggy

You sure about that?  I thought the patriots beat the eagles in 2004-2005.

24-21
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on January 26, 2018, 05:49:14 pm
The Patriots have never beat an NFC East team in the Super Bowl.  Maybe Tom terrific isn't as terrific against traditional powers like the Cowboys.  Cowboys would beat the Patriots if they could ever make the Super Bowl again.

Disagree. The Patriots joined the AFL in 1960.

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 26, 2018, 06:34:10 pm
You sure about that?  I thought the patriots beat the eagles in 2004-2005.

24-21

I should've said besides Philadelphia.  Thats what I meant.  I don't consider any team that is green to be a serious title contender.
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

HiggiePiggy

Well this is their 10th appearance.  They have only faced an east team 3 times. Losing two to Giants and beating the Eagles. So who knows how they would do against Washington or Dallas.  Probably would beat them also.  9 appearances 5-4. This will be their 10th. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

AHiD

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on January 26, 2018, 05:49:14 pm

Dude. They literally beat the Eagles with Tom Brady as QB
My name...is Jerruh

RebelliousHog

I'm not a fan of either team, but the Philly fans are such dicks and thugs I can't make myself root for them. Pulling for the Pats
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

kodiakisland

Not an eagles fan, but I'd love for them to win.  History says Brady wins this one.  Is that guy ever going to retire?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ArkyFan2626

Rooting for the Eagles. Getting tired of the same team winning most years.

hawgmasta

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 28, 2018, 10:29:03 pm
Not an eagles fan, but I'd love for them to win.  History says Brady wins this one.  Is that guy ever going to retire?

Well he just won the league MVP so I doubt it.

RebelliousHog

If the Pats win, I could see Brady calling it quits, despite what he says. End on a high note.

I would think the Pats would bring in a free agent QB who has a similar skill set as Brady.  I don't think you replace Brady in the draft. Not sure Hoyer is the answer for the future.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

razCzar

Really could care less who wins this one.
But I'm still watching... if for no other reason than for good football and the commercials.
The "eat me" M&M one was hysterical just now.

dillly dilly!

Bubba's Bruisers

Cooks now out. I don't think Brady is going to have enough weapons to keep up tonight.

Eagles were the best team all season by far.  Only reason Pats can win tonight is because Wentz isn't playing, and I still don't think Pats win.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Kneph13

February 04, 2018, 07:21:07 pm #31 Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:36:32 pm by Kneph13
Really hope the Eagles win.  Sick of the Patriots.  Hope the former Hogs on the Pats play well though.  Justin Timberlake for the halftime show?  How lame is that?  Totally Lame.

Edit:  Just about the worst halftime show I have ever seen.  SUCKed
There is no Political Correctness in war

twistitup

Helluva playcall to end the half by Philly...Eagles looking tough

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: twistitup on February 04, 2018, 07:44:55 pm
Helluva playcall to end the half by Philly...Eagles looking tough

That's what Brady forces you to do. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

razCzar

Already kind of following last year's script...
ATL II

Mr.Swine89

So Tide is owning these commercials

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: razCzar on February 04, 2018, 07:49:29 pm
Already kind of following last year's script...
ATL II

This is a much closer game than last year.  And I don't think the Pats will have enough healthy players left to win it in the end.

razCzar

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2018, 07:56:48 pm
This is a much closer game than last year.  And I don't think the Pats will have enough healthy players left to win it in the end.

Oh I know that only too well, being in Atlanta.  That's why the very intentional "kind of" was used.  It was just beginning to feel like a Pats' comeback was brewing. 

hoglady

Chasing that missed extra point in the first half may come back to haunt Philly.
I didn't like going for 2 at the time and now what should be a 7 point lead is a 6 point lead.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Bubba's Bruisers

I don't get  all the questions about Ertz's TD. Was clearly a runner after the catch for a TD.  Easy call.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2018, 09:03:58 pm
I don't get  all the questions about Ertz's TD. Was clearly a runner after the catch for a TD.  Easy call.

NFL overthinking. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 04, 2018, 09:06:46 pm
NFL overthinking. 

They kept mentioning the Steeler's play, but it wasn't even close to the same.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2018, 09:20:51 pm
They kept mentioning the Steeler's play, but it wasn't even close to the same.

Collinsworth is annoying.  He had clearly taken two steps after securing catch becoming a runner. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

wildhogman

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 24, 2018, 08:15:24 am
I don't think so.  In big games the team with the best QB usually wins.  I expect Foles to struggle.  He's not even the best QB on his own team.
Opps, wrong. the best defense won and Foles made the plays he had to make

hoglady

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2018, 09:03:58 pm

Because the announcers wanted New England to win.
Sick of listening to them.
They created the narrative that wasn't a TD - he was clearly a runner.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 04, 2018, 09:22:23 pm
Collinsworth is annoying.  He had clearly taken two steps after securing catch becoming a runner. 

He makes you just want to slap him upside the head - so clearly for the Patriots it got to be sickening at the end.

hoglady

Defense was AWOL most of the game for both teams - but it certainly was an entertaining Super Bowl.
Both QB's were dialed in and playing great.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2018, 09:31:20 pm
Defense was AWOL most of the game for both teams - but it certainly was an entertaining Super Bowl.
Both QB's were dialed in and playing great.

The crawler mentioned several records...something like most combined offensive yards, most combined passing yards, and 1 point shy of tying the total points record. So yeah...where was the defense?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2018, 09:26:26 pm
Because the announcers wanted New England to win.
Sick of listening to them.
They created the narrative that wasn't a TD - he was clearly a runner.

Nope, not buying the announcers were Pats fans.  I actually think Collinsworth is great, but this was one of the few times I was clearly miffed at his point.  I don't think his reaction was as much about the Pats as it was the catch rule and all the controversy behind it.  Just the irony of the situation.

Dr. Starcs

The clement touchdown was the worst call of the game.