Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Softball weekend game one against Marist

Started by flippinhogmana, February 23, 2018, 04:32:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

February 23, 2018, 04:32:46 am Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:56:47 am by flippinhogmana
I will open a thread for it (Pscych you can pick it up if you want or not)  again here is the link for the live stats for game one this weekend against Marist.  3pm today.  The second game follows right after it against Manhattan.

http://statb.us/b/212636
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

We'll see. Game is starting late, but I'm still at the office. I may be able to do some when I get home! WPS!

flippinhogmana

yeah, I see its not up yet, but with live stat you never know if they just havent done the link.  I will try to fill in some Psych until you take get home and take it up.  But I will yield, if and when the stats come up, until you can take it up.  But I am just subbing for you until you can take it up.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

some information about the Marist Redfoxes while we are waiting for the game to post.  They have played even less games than us (one earlier today I think).  They have only 19 players on their roster. 

Sow’sEar

According to the team twitter account game time is set for 3:40pm CT

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Lulu Hog on February 23, 2018, 03:30:49 pm
According to the team twitter account game time is set for 3:40pm CT

thank you Lulu

ladybackfan

They have the pregame up now.
Haff is pitching.

flippinhogmana

yeah I just saw that when I came back from doing some other things in the meantime

flippinhogmana

Belans is not in the lineup today, Cooper is hitting fourth, Malkin is back in the lineup as dp, hitting 6th

flippinhogmana

The hogs will be the visitor today so they will hit first.

flippinhogmana

Buczek walks.
McEwen doubles to right, Buczek scores, 1-0 hogs
McEwen advances to third on a wild pitch
Krzysko walks, runners at first and third, no outs
Cooper hits into a fielder's choice, McEwen scores, 2-0 hogs, Cooper on first
Green strikes out looking, two down
Malkin popped up to second to end the inning
to the bottom of the first, hogs up 2-0

psycHOGlogist

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 23, 2018, 03:42:34 pm
Belans is not in the lineup today, Cooper is hitting fourth, Malkin is back in the lineup as dp, hitting 6th

Buczek is playing short, with Bugarin at 3b and Manzo at 2b. Iiiiiinnnnteresting....

flippinhogmana

Haff throws away the first ball hit to her and the runner advances to second (they score it a single and error)
btw Bugarin is playing third, Buczek is playing short today, Manzo at second
Haff Ks the next batter, one out, runner on second
Haff gives up a single to the third place hitter, runners at first and third, one out
runner at first steals second, second and third now, one down
Haff Ks the clean up hitter and now with a chance to get out of this - second and third, two down
Haff strikes out the fifth place hitter to get out of it.  Winds up striking out the side with a little excitement sprinkled in there in between.

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

Haff has a little bit of trouble B1, making a throwing error on a comebacker to put the leadoff runner on 2b. She got a K, gave up a single on a change up, got a K, runner stole 2b (no throw?), and then got a 3rd K to end the threat with runners on 2/3.

Hogs up in T2 - Diaz, Manzo, and Bugarin

psycHOGlogist

T2 -
Diaz reaches on an error by the SS. Runner on 1.
Manzo hits into an FC to the 2b, Manzo on 1, 1 down.
Bugarin works a full count and then swings at ball 4, 2 down, runner on 1.
Buczek rolls a 2-1 pitch to the 2b for the last out. Still 2-0 Hogs.

Due up for Marist: 6-7-8

flippinhogmana

Looks like Haff coming home might be responsible for some jitters on her part and it looks like despite having only 19 players, Marist seems well coached and they have probably given us all we are going to get from them, we will have to earn the rest of the game if we are going to win it.

psycHOGlogist

B2 -
Haff has 4 outs, 4 K's. Gets the leadoff batter on a rise ball. 1 down.
Stop me if you've heard this one: K for Haff. Looking. 2 down.
Um ... 6 outs. 6 K's.

Freezes batter with a nasty change.

Due up for Hogs - McEwen, Krzysko, Cooper

flippinhogmana

and yes the infield does look interesting, and cooper at the four hole in the batting order is interesting especially

psycHOGlogist

T3 -
McEwen with the soft grounder to 2b, 1 down.
Krzysko with the deep fly out to LC, 2 down.
Cooper shows good eye, patience, draws a walk. Runner on 1, 2 down.
Cooper takes 2b on a change up in the dirt. Think that will be an SB, not a WP.
Green with a deep double, seemingly off the wall, drives in Cooper. 3-0 Hogs. Runner on 2b, 2 out. WPS!
Malkin drills one, but literally right into the 3b glove, 3 outs.

Due up for Marist: 9-1-2.

Sow’sEar

watching that twitter feed, and my doesn't that sunshine look nice.  Haven't seen that in days here in Arkansas....

psycHOGlogist

B3
Haff gets another K. 1 down.
OMG!!!!! AN OUT THAT WASN"T A K! Fly ball out to RC, 2 down.
Next hitter legs out a single in the infield. Manzo flipped it to Diaz with her glove - too late. Not sure if that was the best play, but it bounced a couple times and was going to be close no matter what. Also, this infield looks a little soft/slow/sloppy. Runner on 1, 2 out.
And another K to end the inning. Looking.

Due up for the Hogs - Diaz, Manzo, Bugarin.

psycHOGlogist

T4
Diaz works a walk, runner on 1, 0 out.
Manzo hits a fly ball to deep C - it drops, Diaz to 2b. Not sure if that'll be an error or what.
Stat feed says single. Runners on 1/2, 0 out.
Keely Edwards on for Diaz, PR.
Bugarin flies out to CF, no one advances. Runners 1/2, 1 out.
Buzcek legs out an infield single. Bases loaded, 1 out.
McEwen hits a GRAND SLAM - BOOM! No doubt. Very nice. 7-0 Hogs. Bases empty, 1 out.
Krzysko fouls out to SS behind 3b. 2 out.
Cooper makes good contact but flies out to CF. Hogs up 7-0.

Due up for Marist: 4-5-6

psycHOGlogist

B4 -

1st batter pops out to SS. 1 down.
Next batter flies out to left. 2 down.
Wow - an inning without a K! Grounder back to Haff ends the 4.

Due up for Hogs - Green, Malkin, Diaz. One run away from run rule territory.

psycHOGlogist

T5
Deifel out talking to ump, looks to be making some moves?
Warrick up for Green. She skies one to deep short stop, 1 out.
Malkin fouls out to SS behind 3b.  2 out.
Diaz K's, swinging over a change.

Due up for Marist - 7-8-9

psycHOGlogist

B5

Green back in to C.
Soft grounder to SS - Buczek makes a very good play, but the ump calls runner safe. Looked like an out, and the fans seemed to think so, too. But runner on 1, 0 out.
Haff is having none of that call and K's the next batter on 3 pitches. Runner on 1, 1 out.
Next batter pops a bunt attempt to Bugarin, 2 out. Runner on 1.
Can of corn to RF ends the inning.

Due up for the Hogs - Manzo, Bugarin, Buczek

psycHOGlogist

February 23, 2018, 05:01:43 pm #27 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:20:38 pm by psycHOGlogist
B6
Manzo hits a very solid shot into the LC gap, ends up on 2b. Runner on 2, 0 out. Nice move on the ball.
Looks like a PH for Bugarin - yes, it's Benz. Like this move. Bugarin hasn't looked comfortable against this pitcher.
Eh, Benz doesn't do much better, swings over a breaking ball for a K. Runner on 2, 1 out for Parr (PH for Buczek).
Parr makes very solid contact, hits grounder to SS, legs it out. Manzo safe at 3b. Runners on 1/3 for McEwen.
The pitcher doesn't give Hammerin Hannah anything to hit, bases loaded on the BB. 1 out.
Pitcher is having trouble finding the zone here.
Krzysko walks, Manzo in from 3rd, 8-0 Hogs. We're in run rule territory now. Pitching change for the Foxes.
Cooper up, showing patience, also walks. 9-0 Hogs. Bases still loaded, still 1 out.
This pitcher also struggling a bit with control.
Green hits a very solid gapper into RC, and I honestly can't tell whether she cleared the bases or just scored 2 ... okay, looks like runner held at 3b. 11-0 Hogs, runners at 2/3, 1 out.
Malkin hits one a long way - looks like maybe another double? The lighting on the phone is really bad at the moment. Nope, single advancing to 2b on the throw. Cooper scores from 3b, Green stays at 3b. 12-0 Hogs. WPS!
Runners on 2/3, 1 out.
Diaz with the fly out to CF, Green scores from 3b, Malkin moves up to 3b. 2 out.

flippinhogmana

whats the story of Jada Dodson?  I am surprised she hasnt made a ph or pr appearance at least.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 23, 2018, 05:04:08 pm
whats the story of Jada Dodson?  I am surprised she hasnt made a ph or pr appearance at least.
I believe she did PR in the first game of the season, fwiw.

flippinhogmana

must have missed it!  getting a wee bit dark there!

flippinhogmana

I wonder why on earth they walked McEwen?

The pitcher doesn't give Hammerin Hannah anything to hit
and so shall it be for the next four years!

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 23, 2018, 05:09:00 pm
I wonder why on earth they walked McEwen?

Because she parked one last time up? But really, I think the pitcher was just running out of gas. The walk/RBI for Krzysko suggests it wasn't necessarily on purpose.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 23, 2018, 05:01:43 pm
B6
Manzo hits a very solid shot into the LC gap, ends up on 2b. Runner on 2, 0 out. Nice move on the ball.
Looks like a PH for Bugarin - yes, it's Benz. Like this move. Bugarin hasn't looked comfortable against this pitcher.
Eh, Benz doesn't do much better, swings over a breaking ball for a K. Runner on 2, 1 out for Parr (PH for Buczek).
Parr makes very solid contact, hits grounder to SS, legs it out. Manzo safe at 3b. Runners on 1/3 for McEwen.
The pitcher doesn't give Hammerin Hannah anything to hit, bases loaded on the BB. 1 out.
Pitcher is having trouble finding the zone here.
Krzysko walks, Manzo in from 3rd, 8-0 Hogs. We're in run rule territory now. Pitching change for the Foxes.
Cooper up, showing patience, also walks. 9-0 Hogs. Bases still loaded, still 1 out.

looks like this might be the last inning, getting close to being run ruled.

psycHOGlogist

OK - looks like the feed has died from Mr. Krzysko - it was getting impossible to see, anyway. The Hogs seem well on their way to winning by run rule, and my dog is telling me in no uncertain terms that he needs to be walked, so I'm signing off for now.

WPS! Great win over a team we should thump. Nice job (no jinxing, please, softball Gods!)

OK, looks like it's now 14-0 - Malkin came in on a WP as Haizlip (PH) walked. Two touchdown lead...

psycHOGlogist

Okay - feed is back. I'll stick at it for a sec. LOL

One of the Brothertons is up ... and walks. Runners on 1/2, 2 outs.

This P is a disaster, another WP advances the runners - 2/3 with 2 outs.

Parr back up, she hits a HIGH chopper to SS, beats it out. 15-0, as Haizlip races in from 3b. Runners on the corners, 2 out.

Inning mercifully ends as McEwen grounds out to 1b.

Ok, now I'm really taking my dog for his walk.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 23, 2018, 05:24:06 pm
Okay - feed is back. I'll stick at it for a sec. LOL

One of the Brothertons is up ... and walks. Runners on 1/2, 2 outs.

This P is a disaster, another WP advances the runners - 2/3 with 2 outs.

are you planning on doing the second game tonight when it comes up?

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 23, 2018, 05:26:27 pm
are you planning on doing the second game tonight when it comes up?

I didn't even know there was a second game tonight lol. Maybe? We'll see.

ladybackfan

flippinhogmana

Hedgcock comes into pitch gets the first batter on a ground out
then gives up a single,
then gives up another single
then gives up a wild pitch, runners advance to second and third
then gets a ground out for the second out, runner on third scores
singles to second base scores another
now two walks load the bases
now a passed ball scores another and the runners move up
and finally hedgcock gets a strike out to end the inning.  I think that is the end of the game but I am not sure.

flippinhogmana

that is a final, 15-3 hogs in six (run rule) Haff gets the win, 4-0

flippinhogmana

two rooks have big days, McEwen, 2-4 with a grand slam and five rbis
Green 2-4 with a double and three ribis
Parr was also 2-2 with an ribi
manzo was 2-3 with a run scored
and Malkin (who seems to be lifting everything) broke her mini slump with a 1-4 day and an rbi.  9 rbis for the freshmen.

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on February 23, 2018, 05:53:21 pm
So was Hedgcock wild or what?

dont know.  I had given up on the twitter feed by that time.