kid squealer

To name a few but are not limited to only these:

1.  He is from Arkansas
2.  He is a Razorback
3.  He has won, and big, everywhere he has been
4.  He isn't predictable in play calling
5.  He has a brilliant offensive mind
6.  He knows Arkansas and can recruit the southeast
7.  Last, He knows how to call the Hogs and we won't have to watch some "foreigner" at his introductory press conference struggle mightily and awkwardly.

Go Hogs!
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

checkraiser88

Look, all I know is there is people on this board that want Auburn to win the national championship so we don't have an opportunity to hire him, you can't make this stuff up, these people have an agenda!

DoctorSusscrofa

I hate him and always will.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

kid squealer

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 24, 2017, 09:53:23 pm
Look, all I know is there is people on this board that want Auburn to win the national championship so we don't have an opportunity to hire him, you can't make this stuff up, these people have an agenda!
No doubt!  I say that for my #7 reason alone we hire him.  lol

JONAS

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 24, 2017, 09:53:44 pm

He is not who I want to be the next coach, but I will support the Hogs regardless.

GlassofSwine

Arkansas won't hire him even if he loses tomorrow.

checkraiser88

Quote from: GlassofSwine on November 24, 2017, 09:57:17 pm

Shows what you know, the boosters want him and if his agent fails to get him an extension he'll be a lock to come here!

kid squealer

Quote from: JONAS on November 24, 2017, 09:56:12 pm
He is not who I want to be the next coach, but I will support the Hogs regardless.
May all Hog fans have the same mindset!  Go Hogs!

intoxhog

i believe a lot of Gus hate is from him blowing teams out of the water when he was at Shiloh.... people still holding on to grudges..
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

GlassofSwine

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 24, 2017, 09:58:30 pm
Shows what you know, the boosters want him and if his agent fails to get him an extension he'll be a lock to come here!

Lol.

HOGINTENNESSEE

How about the fact he has won 6 SEC games this year by an average of 27 ppg

kid squealer

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 24, 2017, 10:03:29 pm
How about the fact he has won 6 SEC games this year by an average of 27 ppg
love it!  I'll love it more if/when he does it at Arkansas!

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: intoxhog on November 24, 2017, 10:00:42 pm
i believe a lot of Gus hate is from him blowing teams out of the water when he was at Shiloh.... people still holding on to grudges..

He never played my team. I hate him and Nutt for their year together. Neither is welcome back.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

RedBird5

Quote from: GlassofSwine on November 24, 2017, 09:57:17 pm

Think it's up to him actually

HogBreath

Oh I'm sure he has some quirks and issues like we nearly all do, probably everyone but me and you, and I ain't so sure about you. 

But I also once watched Gus go out of his way to be very complimentary and encouraging to an opposing squad, after the game was over.  It was a classy move I thought, and it meant so much to our boys, didn't see any other coach doing what he did. 

He impressed me with what he did that day.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

checkraiser88

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 24, 2017, 10:06:14 pm
He never played my team. I hate him and Nutt for their year together. Neither is welcome back.

What made you so upset in that year bro? Just curious?

intoxhog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 24, 2017, 10:06:14 pm
we lived through a different perspective because the way I remember it all the guy did was help improve a stale  and predictable Houston nutt offense ... 
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

GlassofSwine

Quote from: RedBird5 on November 24, 2017, 10:07:15 pm
Think it's up to him actually

Good, then when he turns us down you won't be coming back on here again saying that he wanted to come to Arkansas.

rude1

I think the bigger sin is that we have those who want him to lose, so that he falls in hot water at his current job, so we can offer him a way out.

Piggfoot

I don't know why Gus would want to come back to Arkansas. I suspect there are several better offers out there.
There is so much hate for him that I don't understand. It would ironical if his wife was the reason for him coming back
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

RockyMtnHog

It is standard practice to name an interim head coach to keep the ship from totally sinking.

This also gives Gus or whomever all the time that they need to play out their season.  The decision has been made whether folks like it or not.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

checkraiser88

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2017, 10:12:04 pm
I think the bigger sin is that we have those who want him to lose, so that he falls in hot water at his current job, so we can offer him a way out.

He's been in hot water at that current job for about 2 years now. It's a sin for wanting a coach not to get a contract extension with an established program? Yeah ok lol

intoxhog

Quote from: HogBreath on November 24, 2017, 10:07:35 pm
Oh I'm sure he has some quirks and issues like we nearly all do, probably everyone but me and you, and I ain't so sure about you. 

But I also once watched Gus go out of his way to be very complimentary and encouraging to an opposing squad, after the game was over.  It was a classy move I thought, and it meant so much to our boys, didn't see any other coach doing what he did. 

He impressed me with what he did that day.
I remember when I was thinking  about getting back in coaching and emailed him about  if they had any coaching clinics at Tulsa at the time ...  The thing that impressed me about his replies in his email was he was very nice in the replies but it was the time of emails that surprised me He was in office 6am in the morning answering emails and getting his day started that impressed me that's the kind of person I want running the University of Arkansas someone that I know it's going to take the work seriously.

alohawg

He's not even the coach and he's already a divisive force, pass. Start fresh with a new AD and coach. I like what I've read on this Norvell guy, maybe he's a great up and coming coach destined to make himself a hot commodity in Fayetteville, maybe not, but certainly not a divisive character.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hoggie17

What is this hate based on?  Is it rational?

Hoggie17

Quote from: alohawg on November 25, 2017, 12:04:32 am
He's not even the coach and he's already a divisive force, pass. Start fresh with a new AD and coach. I like what I've read on this Norvell guy, maybe he's a great up and coming coach destined to make himself a hot commodity in Fayetteville, maybe not, but certainly not a divisive character.
You can't make all the people happy all the time, but winning will make most of the people happy most of the time. Gus will do that.

Norvell is in he second year has HC, last year he went 8-5 in a minor conference. He does not have the record in the SEC that Gus has. I like Norvell but his resume is not as stronge as that of Gus.

alohawg

I will support and hope for the best no matter who the coach is, but I really prefer new blood. I mean if we're gonna bring someone back who was previously at UA, might as well talk to Bobby again.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Broadway Rob

I never thought of it that way.  Haha, that is lunacy.  We'd be lucky to have Malzahn in my view.  As I said in other threads, I'd love to have Brent Venables.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Brent-Venables-168/AllTimeRecruits

Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

Kneph13

Please for Christ's sake, stop with the Gus crap.   :puke:  His time for the U of A has come and gone.
There is no Political Correctness in war

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kid squealer on November 24, 2017, 09:52:14 pm

1.  He is from Arkansas
2.  He is a Razorback
7.  Last, He knows how to call the Hogs and we won't have to watch some "foreigner" at his introductory press conference struggle mightily and awkwardly.

Go Hogs!

#1, #2 and #7 are not necessary criteria that should be used in the hiring of a new HC at Arkansas.
Go Hogs Go!

kid squealer

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 25, 2017, 06:53:50 am
#1, #2 and #7 are not necessary criteria that should be used in the hiring of a new HC at Arkansas.
I certainly don't disagree yet, IMO, they make him more desirable. 

parallaxpig

I'll support whoever the next coach is. Saying that, I began having a problem with Gus after he went back to Auburn the second time. He had been there before, peaked behind the curtain, knows how they got his star QB and he went back anyway. There's a reason Auburn is one of the most penalized schools in NCAA history. Case in point look at current basketball situation going on there. I'm I saying Gus cheats. Absolutely not, but he definitely is turning his head...........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kid squealer on November 25, 2017, 07:46:05 am
I certainly don't disagree yet, IMO, they make him more desirable. 

I'm not sure why? Those are irrelevant (or should be) to our search.
Go Hogs Go!

GlassofSwine

The only reason Gus would consider the Arkansas job is with the AD situation up in the air at Auburn. In every metric it is a better job and he has set them up to win now. All the rumors in the media are no doubt due to money people in Arkansas telling people we are going to offer Gus(I'm sure we will). It's also probable that Sexton is using the situation and Gus's ties to further feed the fire and help get leverage at Auburn going forward. The only way Gus is on the sidelines next year is if the Auburn situation falls apart in his face.

The NewEra

1.  He is from Arkansas
2.  He is a Razorback

Go Hogs!

After we hire our new head coach I hope I never read another thread like this again.  Apparently the job is Gus' to take or turn down.  If he's the coach then fine.  If not, then Arkansas wasn't his dream job and we can put this drum beat behind us once and for all.

kid squealer

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 25, 2017, 07:53:35 am
I'm not sure why? Those are irrelevant (or should be) to our search.
It says "IMO" in my opinion...I get one to. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kid squealer on November 25, 2017, 08:15:28 am
It says "IMO" in my opinion...I get one to. 

I understand. I keep seeing reasons like that and I am uncertain how those things are going to contribute to their success at Arkansas? Just asking.
Go Hogs Go!

kid squealer

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 25, 2017, 08:17:32 am
I understand. I keep seeing reasons like that and I am uncertain how those things are going to contribute to their success at Arkansas? Just asking.
a lot of the thoughts I have read on my short time on HG is that Bielema, Long, etc...had no Razorback ties...obviously in our history, neither did FB.  Yet, if there was a disconnect with this latest of leaders, then to bring in someone with a love for the state and this program.  The one thing that we had to love about HDN, and one of only a few long term, was. that he loved this program and truly wanted to be here.  It just seems that the same would be in the heart/mind of GM.  No question there is assumption in all our thoughts but surely would hope this would be the case.  Gosh, we all love the Hogs so much and just want someone to come who does as well. 
Now, in less seriousness, you gotta admit #7 has been an issue with "outsiders" introductions.  lol!

Dark Helmet Hog

1.  He is from Arkansas
2.  He is a Razorback

Go Hogs!

Half of this list is because he "loves" the helmet. Think about that.

kid squealer

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 25, 2017, 08:26:13 am
Half of this list is because he "loves" the helmet. Think about that.
Certainly get where your coming from.  Personally, I don't have a problem with that.  Of course, we don't want HDN back but to have someone who loves the state, school and Razorbacks and yes, the helmet! 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kid squealer on November 25, 2017, 08:22:51 am
a lot of the thoughts I have read on my short time on HG is that Bielema, Long, etc...had no Razorback ties...obviously in our history, neither did FB.  Yet, if there was a disconnect with this latest of leaders, then to bring in someone with a love for the state and this program.  The one thing that we had to love about HDN, and one of only a few long term, was. that he loved this program and truly wanted to be here.  It just seems that the same would be in the heart/mind of GM.  No question there is assumption in all our thoughts but surely would hope this would be the case.  Gosh, we all love the Hogs so much and just want someone to come who does as well. 
Now, in less seriousness, you gotta admit #7 has been an issue with "outsiders" introductions.  lol!

I'd have to seriously question the judgement of anyone behind this search and hire if they hired Nutt back because of his love for Arkansas. As far as Malzahn goes, he is a more ambitious sort than Nutt (two distinctly different types) but the one thing that they have in common is that they would throw anyone overboard if they thought that it helped them. So to me, I could care less how much they "love Arkansas". And what is more, love for Arkansas by a HC isn't going to win more games.

Now the AD search is different because Long alienated a lot of powerful Arkansas people and you saw the result of that this past week. I think that there is a lot of damage control and repair that needs to be done by the new AD, not only with Boosters, but with the average members of the fan base who have paid for their tickets and loyally supported the Hogs. In that position, a familiar but capable face who could help restore the relationship between the University and all of the fans at all levels would probably be the most prudent choice at this juncture. So yes, being from Arkansas and having Arkansas would be helpful in the effort to do so.

JMO
Go Hogs Go!

lakecityhog

IF 3,4,5 and 6 are true then 1,2 and 7 are just a BIG bonus, right?

King Kong

My reasons for Gus.

Would stabilize our recruiting classes
Winner in the SEC
Won an SEC Championship
Maximizes talent
With the right QB his offense is unstoppable
One day Saban will retire

Chief Mac

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 25, 2017, 08:45:39 am
he is a more ambitious sort than Nutt (two distinctly different types) but the one thing that they have in common is that they would throw anyone overboard if they thought that it helped them.

This
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

searkhogfan