Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Police release video of Cole Kelly DWI arrest.. REALLY????

Started by synthartist69, November 22, 2017, 12:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

livevanguy

I feel bad that CK has to learn from this mistake in such a public way, but you reap what you sow. He's young and has a lot of life to live.

I do wish (in my sick sense of humor) that someone will edit a parody hype video from this like the "when the lights go out, the freaks come out," video. 
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Piggfoot

I didn't hear any sluring in Cole's voice. He sounded dejected but was polite and cooperative. As for running up on a curb, it is very easy to do on a narrow road in tight conditions when turning right in a large truck like he was driving.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Ā 

jvanhorn

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 01:14:35 pm
Wasn't there video of Baker Mayfield all juiced up and sloppy last year that was released to the public?

LOL, yeah but he wasn't a Razorback so that was ok.  He seems to have survived that ordeal except for some really stupid behavior at Kansas last week.  He will survive that too, neither he nor our player are Johnny Football.  Just decent people that made some mistakes as a young age.  Mr. football was just a natural born azzwipe who happened to have some talent--which he squandered as soon as he could.

niels_boar

IMO the video should only be public in open court unless the defendant requests it.  The police releasing videos before a trial occurs creates the possibility of all kinds of shenanigans like selective editing that can taint jury pools. Also, what is embarrassing isn't always illegal and can be used to coerce plea deals.  You are not letting anybody get away with anything with that restriction.  Let's not pretend that these releases are in the purpose of justice.  They satisfy the endless appetite for voyeurism entertainment.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

DLUXHOG

He learned his lesson, was totally embarrassed.   

There was no reason to release this video as it accomplished nothing... nil.   Fayetteville cops were totally out of line... this accomplished nothing, nil, nada, zip..... and did I say zero?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

BallHog1

Wasn't the video of OU's quarterback posted too? Everyone had a great time talking about the great tackle if I recall.....

RaisinHog

Quote from: Wildhog on November 22, 2017, 01:23:45 pm
As they should have. 

This cop should have given Cole a ride home and called Bielema.  That's our QB, damnit.

Honestly u may be playing but I agree...

HotlantaHog

It's a public record and right to be released. If he were a juvenile and charged as a juvenile, it would not be released. But he is an adult.

AirWarren

Uncommon

November 22, 2017, 04:45:09 pm #110 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:55:18 pm by Uncommon
I find it rather disturbing it took a year or two for the Mixon video to come out (battery of a woman), yet the Cole Kelley DWI video in which he is not belligerent less than a week.

jcbville

Ā 

HogPharmer

Quote from: Uncommon on November 22, 2017, 04:45:09 pm
I find it rather disturbing it took a year or two for the Mixon video to come out, yet the Cole Kelley DWI video less than a week.

I don't think it's making as big of news as the Mixon video is.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

synthartist69

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:23:08 pm
Hmmmmm....You have a morbid way of thinking my friend to go from a DWI arrest video to Public Hangings. But if you think that is comparing apples to apples then more power to you.
First of all, I am not your friend. Secondly, you said everyone should see the video when people break the law. So that tells me you would be part of a lynch mob attending a public execution.

jneal56

Quote from: AP85 on November 22, 2017, 03:26:06 pm
Yeah. Because getting drunk and behind the wheel is the cops fault.

Another retarded millienial.

Hahahaha! I really laughed out loud when I read that. +1000 if I could. It is funny, and concerning simultaneously, how so many seem to want to blame the officer for doing his job.
"At least we are moral"

synthartist69

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:36:05 pm
You don't know many cops I suppose. I know quite a few and guess what, the percentage of D-bag cops are the same as the normal population. People just get upset because they think it's ok to bend the rules for their purposes but if it's someone else that does it, and it causes you some distress, then you'd want them arrested and wonder why the police aren't doing their jobs. 81 year old man with a pocket knife coming at you. What are you going to do? You can talk all the crap you want to but the fact is, you wouldn't be sitting at the computer, thinking with all the time in the world how you'd react, instead you'd react as most anyone and defend yourself. What happens if in the defense, the old man dies? That's ok then isn't it? But if you use the Taser on him, that's enough to put someone in jail. Put yourself in the police officers shoes. You want to go home to your family at the end of every shift. You're certainly going to make sure you protect yourself to make that happen. But putting yourself in another shoes is above the first level of thinking so you may not understand.
I did not see an 81 year old man coming after anyone, he was standing there, man you are tool... LOL LOL  BTW, if they want to go home to their family at the end of the day then there are plenty of OTHER jobs out there that will allow that, give me a break... GEEEEZ......

synthartist69

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 22, 2017, 04:19:29 pm
It's a public record and right to be released. If he were a juvenile and charged as a juvenile, it would not be released. But he is an adult.
They may have the right to release it, but that is not the argument.  The argument is that they shouldn't release it unless they release every video of every person arrested for drinking which they do not. They released it because he was a Razorback player... that is the problem.

synthartist69

Quote from: Uncommon on November 22, 2017, 04:45:09 pm
I find it rather disturbing it took a year or two for the Mixon video to come out (battery of a woman), yet the Cole Kelley DWI video in which he is not belligerent less than a week.
Amen!

synthartist69

Quote from: niels_boar on November 22, 2017, 03:50:06 pm
IMO the video should only be public in open court unless the defendant requests it.  The police releasing videos before a trial occurs creates the possibility of all kinds of shenanigans like selective editing that can taint jury pools. Also, what is embarrassing isn't always illegal and can be used to coerce plea deals.  You are not letting anybody get away with anything with that restriction.  Let's not pretend that these releases are in the purpose of justice.  They satisfy the endless appetite for voyeurism entertainment.
Very good point as well...

jneal56

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 22, 2017, 03:36:43 pm
I didn't hear any sluring in Cole's voice. He sounded dejected but was polite and cooperative. As for running up on a curb, it is very easy to do on a narrow road in tight conditions when turning right in a large truck like he was driving.

He did exactly what he should have done. He didn't blame the police officer, he didn't do anything bring any extra embarrassment or shame. If anything he helped his case by being calm, collective and cooperative. He sounded dejected because he knew he was in trouble as soon as he was pulled over. He did everything right by the officer which shows that he at least knows that the officer was doing his job, unlike many in this thread who blame the officer for CK still being over the limit. Guess he should've checked with the experts here on Hogville before pulling him over.
"At least we are moral"

Granny fan

I sure hope he learned an important lesson from this!  I have no tolerance for those who drink and drive.  Had a friend killed by one a couple of years ago.

synthartist69

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 22, 2017, 03:51:28 pm
He learned his lesson, was totally embarrassed.   

There was no reason to release this video as it accomplished nothing... nil.   Fayetteville cops were totally out of line... this accomplished nothing, nil, nada, zip..... and did I say zero?
EXACTLY... too many boneheads think he should be burned at the stake and made a public example

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 04:56:49 pm
  First of all, I am not your friend. Secondly, you said everyone should see the video when people break the law. So that tells me you would be part of a lynch mob attending a public execution.

Does this mean I have to scratch you off my Christmas Card list? Well I'm still sending you one and hope you'll do the same....friend!

Again, there's your morbid way of thinking. I haven't even seen the video. I've just read from this thread what was on it but I'm guessing you've seen it right? So who is the sadistic voyeur here?

Oh and I didn't say everyone should see the video. Please find where I said that and I'll eat crow.
"At least we are moral"

Ā 

synthartist69

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 05:03:58 pm
He did exactly what he should have done. He didn't blame the police officer, he didn't do anything bring any extra embarrassment or shame. If anything he helped his case by being calm, collective and cooperative. He sounded dejected because he knew he was in trouble as soon as he was pulled over. He did everything right by the officer which shows that he at least knows that the officer was doing his job, unlike many in this thread who blame the officer for CK still being over the limit. Guess he should've checked with the experts here on Hogville before pulling him over.
Well I am not blaming the cop myself at all, I just replied to a poster that most cops are power hungry jerks. My entire argument is that it shouldn't be posted for the public to see by the media unless you are going to post everyone who is arrested. It was posted because he is a razorback player which is BS

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 04:59:17 pm
   I did not see an 81 year old man coming after anyone, he was standing there, man you are tool... LOL LOL  BTW, if they want to go home to their family at the end of the day then there are plenty of OTHER jobs out there that will allow that, give me a break... GEEEEZ......

You didn't see it because it wasn't you in that situation. You have someone wielding a knife at you and you'll have a different interpretation of it then say I would sitting behind the computer watching it in the safety of my own home. You're living in a bubble my friend. (Oops hope that doesn't hurt your feelings)
"At least we are moral"

synthartist69

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 05:08:28 pm
Does this mean I have to scratch you off my Christmas Card list? Well I'm still sending you one and hope you'll do the same....friend!

Again, there's your morbid way of thinking. I haven't even seen the video. I've just read from this thread what was on it but I'm guessing you've seen it right? So who is the sadistic voyeur here?

Oh and I didn't say everyone should see the video. Please find where I said that and I'll eat crow.
I thought you said that everyone should see the video... I must have confused you with some other troll... my bad

synthartist69

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 05:12:10 pm
You didn't see it because it wasn't you in that situation. You have someone wielding a knife at you and you'll have a different interpretation of it then say I would sitting behind the computer watching it in the safety of my own home. You're living in a bubble my friend. (Oops hope that doesn't hurt your feelings)
Man whatever....continue to live in your black and white world under your little dome... lol

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 05:02:07 pm
  They may have the right to release it, but that is not the argument.  The argument is that they shouldn't release it unless they release every video of every person arrested for drinking which they do not. They released it because he was a Razorback player... that is the problem.

Please explain how you know that the only reason why they released it was because he is a Razorback athlete and they wanted to "pump there chest out" or whatever the saying was. Explain how you know for a certainty that this wasn't FOI'd by the media forcing them to do so. Someone, maybe you I'm not going to go back and look, brought up the Mixon tape. The difference there was that there was going to be a trial with a jury whereas with CK, and my new former DWI lawyer buddy in this thread can answer this better, but he is going to go before a judge if it even makes it that far. The video doesn't do any damage as far as that goes. The Mixon case was/is different.
"At least we are moral"

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 05:11:29 pm
  Well I am not blaming the cop myself at all, I just replied to a poster that most cops are power hungry jerks. My entire argument is that it shouldn't be posted for the public to see by the media unless you are going to post everyone who is arrested. It was posted because he is a razorback player which is BS

Going to be nitpicky here because well it's freaking fun. It wasn't posted because he is player, it was posted because it was FOI'd. Now it was FOI'd because he was a player, ergo a story for the media. So all this attacking of the police and how terrible they are for posting it, look to your media. They're the ones who requested it. You know, just like they did with Houston Nutt and you probably felt that was ok then huh?
"At least we are moral"

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 05:14:19 pm
  Man whatever....continue to live in your black and white world under your little dome... lol

Well I must admit my house is a modest one but a dome? A little dome? That hurts. Cuts me deep...but you're still getting a card.
"At least we are moral"

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 05:21:57 pm
Well I must admit my house is a modest one but a dome? A little dome? That hurts. Cuts me deep...but you're still getting a card.

Dude. Stop. This is cringe worthy posting.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Nafunu32 on November 22, 2017, 01:06:14 pm
I've seen a judge throw a DWI case out because the officer didn't have probable cause to arrest from the scene due to the results of the SFST. Can't give someone SFST, they pass, and you still take them to jail for a BAC test.

if i recall, the police report mentioned nystagmus issues.
The rest of the frog.

userpick

As it turned out, they were stopping every vehicle traveling down that particular sidewalk. And that's profiling....and PROFILING IS WRONG.

synthartist69

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 05:16:29 pm
Please explain how you know that the only reason why they released it was because he is a Razorback athlete and they wanted to "pump there chest out" or whatever the saying was. Explain how you know for a certainty that this wasn't FOI'd by the media forcing them to do so. Someone, maybe you I'm not going to go back and look, brought up the Mixon tape. The difference there was that there was going to be a trial with a jury whereas with CK, and my new former DWI lawyer buddy in this thread can answer this better, but he is going to go before a judge if it even makes it that far. The video doesn't do any damage as far as that goes. The Mixon case was/is different.
Oh Cmon.... of course it is posted by the media... the FPD is not a news outlet. How do I know it is just because he is a Razorback player??? Well duh, how many other DWI videos are posted on the local media outlets? Do you think that Cole Kelly is the only person who has ever been given a DWI??? LOL

synthartist69

Quote from: userpick on November 22, 2017, 05:30:53 pm
As it turned out, they were stopping every vehicle traveling down that particular sidewalk. And that's profiling....and PROFILING IS WRONG.
Maybe the curb was a smoother route than the horrible pothole streets in the city!

Wildhog

Just need to call the coach and run him til he's sorry.  SEC football > the law.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: porque on November 22, 2017, 01:18:04 pm
Well documented? There is a bar under investigation. You seem to be a fine red blooded American. Remember the concept of innocent until proven guilty? This isn't China, North Korea or Iran?

No, but with the polarization of the media madhouse (both sides) that has been turned into a weapon and aimed at our nation we may make them look like Mother Theresa here in a couple of years...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

SugarHillGaHog

Until the man has been convicted in court releasing anything should be prohibited.  Period. 

jneal56

Quote from: synthartist69 on November 22, 2017, 05:34:51 pm
Oh Cmon.... of course it is posted by the media... the FPD is not a news outlet. How do I know it is just because he is a Razorback player??? Well duh, how many other DWI videos are posted on the local media outlets? Do you think that Cole Kelly is the only person who has ever been given a DWI??? LOL

Wait, wait, wait.....you said the FPD should not have posted it. Gone on and on about how terrible they are for posting it. You've been very adamant about that yet now you're turning a 180 and saying it was the media?
"At least we are moral"

jneal56

Quote from: JimDandy on November 22, 2017, 05:27:15 pm
Dude. Stop. This is cringe worthy posting.

My posts are cringe worthy so you want me to stop because you lack the control of yourself to not read them? So you're saying I should stop because you don't like it, yet you can't stop reading the material? Hmmmm.....maybe I have a career in media if I don't get the AD job.
"At least we are moral"

Hoggish1

Fayetteville police are a bunch of little Nazis. Very aggressive and mean.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Nafunu32 on November 22, 2017, 12:59:03 pm
Did the department just do it out of fun, or was it FOI'd?

PS, he can hire John Collins and get him out of that DWI. haha.

He parked fine and did fine on the portion of the One Leg Stand shown. Obviously he couldn't take the Walk and Turn and we can't see the results of HGN.

John is absolutely the best
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:07:36 pm
You're just butt hurt because he is an Arkansas player. When you break the law, it should be public. He chose to do it, knowing it was wrong, so I have no issue to it. And yes, they do show John Doe as well but only when it is a story. Geez! He was wrong to do what he did. He's an adult and he doesn't need your protection.

Right now he is innocent. You forgot that.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: jneal56 on November 22, 2017, 01:10:25 pm
If you refuse the breathalyzer then I believe the protocol is they're supposed to take you in and get blood drawn. You can complain all you want until you lose someone close to you because of a drunk driver. It's a precaution that I have no issues with.

They have to get a warrant

LJHOG

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Nafunu32 on November 22, 2017, 01:23:36 pm
You can no longer get blood drawn without a warrant. Blood has been removed from the implied consent form. Breath, Miss, or saliva are the only options. It's not the issue with the breathalyzer at this point. The statement that I made is that there are "Stages" of a DWI arrest. First, is seeing a violation. Secondly is finding enough evidence the person is actually impaired. Third is getting them to the BAC to blow. You can't just pull someone over for speeding and say, "Meh, I think you are drunk. Let's tow your car, arrest you, and take you to the jail to see."

HGN is the most telling sign of the SFST. Unfortunately, that can't be shown on video without the use of a camera pointed at their eyes. The other two tests can actually be completed without showing clues, even if someone is drunk, if they have good balance and coordination. ie. athletes.

HGN May be the most reliable SFST but it is far from reliable in the common usage of that word.

Trm123