Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AState message board seriously humiliating itself over Miami cancellation...

Started by Bogghawg, September 06, 2017, 01:31:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Think Memphis is in the same boat.

It is my understanding that their AD requested their conference look into a 13th game next year but was not optimistic. Not sure Miami would go for that..

Miami's AD said while their OOC schedule was complete for a couple of years they would probably reschedule the game later if A-State wanted to.

Not sure if A-State is still trying to add a game this year, but they have an open date in Nov  and there might be a few FCS available for that date, as well as Memphis.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 12, 2017, 10:21:46 am
Think Memphis is in the same boat.

It is my understanding that their AD requested their conference look into a 13th game next year but was not optimistic. Not sure Miami would go for that..

Miami's AD said while their OOC schedule was complete for a couple of years they would probably reschedule the game later if A-State wanted to.

Not sure if A-State is still trying to add a game this year, but they have an open date in Nov  and there might be a few FCS available for that date, as well as Memphis.

It would probably be better for all concerned if the two schools forgot about making up the game down the road and for Miami to just go ahead and pay the $650K to end the deal. Should they play I could see a lot of cheap shots being taken by both teams. Might set a new NCAA record for PFs and ejections.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Seminole Indian

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: factchecker on September 06, 2017, 02:52:43 pm
You think jonesboro tech fans reacted poorly to this?

Go find their response to Coach Broyles death.

There are also a couple of them who went after and made fun of Canaan Sandy a few years back on twitter.

jonesboro tech fans are classless, trashy, pieces of filth.

correct

very sad

http://scout.com/college/arkansas-state/Board/105452/Contents/Frank-Broyles-106130623

holeinthewall

Miami players will not return to campus until Monday.  Meaning they will have gone almost two weeks without practicing, meeting with coaches or having a workout facility. Will be interesting to see if there is a lag in conditioning and team cohesiveness the first game back.

I guess them not traveling to Jonesboro was a very smart decision in hindsight.

holeinthewall

Wondering if anyone thinks ASU would have won this game?

Didn't think so

Seminole Indian

Won the game, no, but covered the 18 point spread yes.

Miami beat Toledo 53-30 at home  a week after they were scheduled to play A-State on the road.

Of course Miami has come a long way since then, and I thought A-State had until the USA game.

hog of steele

The win for ASU is having Miami in their stadium. The players would be looking to win, of course, but getting home games against P5 teams adds to their program prestige.

GolfNut57

Quote from: holeinthewall on November 23, 2017, 03:21:32 pm
Wondering if anyone thinks ASU would have won this game?

Didn't think so

I figured my boys would have gotten blown off the field, Hurricane style of course,  ;) but it was more about showing we could get such a prestigious team into Jonesboro anyway than a unlikely win imo.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hog of steele on November 23, 2017, 07:41:46 pm
The win for ASU is having Miami in their stadium. The players would be looking to win, of course, but getting home games against P5 teams adds to their program prestige.

exactly!

asuato

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 23, 2017, 08:55:42 pm
I figured my boys would have gotten blown off the field, Hurricane style of course,  ;) but it was more about showing we could get such a prestigious team into Jonesboro anyway than a unlikely win imo.
THIS and this alone.

asuato

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on September 12, 2017, 05:49:56 pm
correct

very sad

http://scout.com/college/arkansas-state/Board/105452/Contents/Frank-Broyles-106130623
He hated ASU. Fact.  He was one of the main reasons 1-AA was created and ASU was moved down into it.  That's just one thing. If some of the hog fans would study some of the history, there they would probably paint a different picture of him. Yes there a lot of reasons for ASU fans to not like the guy.

holeinthewall

Hopefully now that Broyles is completely gone a new AD and a new HC will schedule ASU instead of other teams in the Sun Belt.   Might get some people in the stands.