Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our New Coach

Started by allredhog, September 16, 2017, 03:32:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

allredhog

If there is a change at the end of the season, I hope Jeff Brohm is the pick.  He is a Petrino disciple and has Purdue looking very good.  Leading Mizzou @ Columbia 14-0 in the second quarter.  Had great stats at Western Kentucky for 3 years.  Anybody that can make Purdue look good can coach.

Go Hogs!
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

azhog10

Yep Chaney was a hell of a coach!!

Tusks

I like the pick.  2nd would be Norvell and 3rd Morris/SMU.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HoggyCat

Quote from: tusked on September 16, 2017, 03:42:14 pm
I like the pick.  2nd would be Norvell and 3rd Morris/SMU.

Speaking of SMU...... they're more than holding their own against TCU.  We're horrible.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

TNhawgfan

He's my first choice, but he will hold out for a bigger name than us
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Tusks

Has anyone met Steinmetz the new chancellor ?  What kind of vibe does he give off, he's Long's boss.  I wonder if he feels winning is a priority ?

Tusks

Quote from: TNhawgfan on September 16, 2017, 03:46:17 pm

I bet $5M, maybe $6M would get him interested.

allredhog

[
Quote from: azhog10 on September 16, 2017, 03:35:27 pm

Was Chaney his position coach at Louisville?  21-0 Purdue with 11:51 to go in the second quarter.

Go Hogs!

GuvHog

Quote from: allredhog on September 16, 2017, 03:32:57 pm
If there is a change at the end of the season, I hope Jeff Brohm is the pick.  He is a Petrino disciple and has Purdue looking very good.  Leading Mizzou @ Columbia 14-0 in the second quarter.  Had great stats at Western Kentucky for 3 years.  Anybody that can make Purdue look good can coach.

Go Hogs!

He would be my second choice. My first choice would be Brent Venables, the DC at Clemson.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: tusked on September 16, 2017, 03:48:11 pm
I bet $5M, maybe $6M would get him interested.
6 million is a lot for an AD who cares more about GPAs than wins

allredhog

I would offer him 3.4 mil with a bunch of graduated percentages
-maintaining/growing APR
-winning all of the home games
-winning the west
-winning the SEC
-winning the bowl game
-making the playoff
-winning the national championship

Do those things and 3.4 mil could be 6 mil or more

GO HOGS!

allredhog

28-0 with 2:00 minutes left in the half.  6 Purdue drives, 4 touchdowns and 1 QB a$$ chewing.

Go Hogs

Letsroll1200

This Purdue team is looking good but Mizzou is bad. Real bad!!

ChicoHog

I also think the WF coach, Dave Clausen, has it going on there.  Very tough place to win.  Throw his name in the pot.  I agree with Venables and Brohm for sure.  Norvell maybe.  Not a big Chad Morris fan. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: allredhog on September 16, 2017, 03:32:57 pm

Go Hogs!

Gimminee, you guys. Let's allow the season to play out through at least 9-10 games before we start this crap. Bielema has the job through at least this year and maybe the next before any changes are made.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogs49ers

Well everyone has complained that former Big 10 coaches cannot come to the SEC and have success, and CBB went to 4 Rose Bowls in that conference and looked pretty darn good week in and week out, so are you sure you want to move on to another Big 10 coach?

Not necessarily talking about the OP, but one thing that I have come to learn over the years of being a Hog fan and being on Hogville, is that fans will say 1 thing as it fits their agenda, but can easily do a 180 and say something completely different as long as it fits their agenda.
SCREW Vandy!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 04:34:53 pm
Well everyone has complained that former Big 10 coaches cannot come to the SEC and have success, and CBB went to 4 Rose Bowls in that conference and looked pretty darn good week in and week out, so are you sure you want to move on to another Big 10 coach?

But he's out-Mizzouing Mizzou!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 16, 2017, 04:36:03 pm
But he's out-Mizzouing Mizzou!

Haha!  New standard for coaching at Arkansas, you must dominate Mizzou!
SCREW Vandy!

Tusks

I don't think my 53 game sample size with BB is going to all of a sudden change and he's going to become a 'lights out' coach.

So I'm ready to move on.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 16, 2017, 04:31:14 pm
Bielema has the job through at least this year and maybe the next before any changes are made.
He craps the bed and wins 4 games this year that will change

Biggus Piggus

What does the offensive coordinator of Purdue in 1997-2005 have to do with the OP?
[CENSORED]!

Soooie21

We could have won the game, if we had made the plays....

hog of steele

Who is the loss to? How did they look in that game? I like this team but they don't look fast.

I would take that Mizzou punter.

presidenthog

Gimminee, you guys. Let's allow the season to play out through at least 9-10 games before we start this crap. Bielema has the job through at least this year and maybe the next before any changes are made.

That sounds terrible to me. I'm ready for a change.

Cinco de Hogo

My God!!!  It's the middle of the 3rd quarter and Purdue is playing their 3rd string QB.  Isn't that against the law?

Cinco de Hogo

Well talk about mixed signals,

We all know the possibilities and probabilities what we are likely to express is what we each see as best case scenarios...which is to say wishful thinking.

I read what I could easily find on Brohm and he does sound good.  It appears he has fire in his belly, refuses to be denied and is energetic.  We all know any coach worth his salt must play for the helmet, hang onto the rope and have someone named Chuck he can go explain things to.  We could probably provide Brohm with those necessities he might come up short on.  I mean we could even put it in his contract that he had to listen to reggae and wear flip flops.  We could provide him with transcripts of BBs pressers with what bull to feed to the fans if he can't coach a lick.

bigeasyhog

My search list as of 9/16:

Norvell

Morris

Fritz

Kelly

Loggains

Venebales

Leavitt

Brohm

Just starting, so feel free to throw some more out there. Thanks.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 04:40:16 pm

So the fans want a new coach to do something the current coach can't...what's so bad about that?
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

The_Iceman

Loom at Brohm's record at Western Kentucky. Very impressive.

Tusks

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

Dr. Starcs

Venables deserves a look too

azhog10

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2017, 05:05:03 pm
What does the offensive coordinator of Purdue in 1997-2005 have to do with the OP?
I can see why it's hard for you to get.

Pig In The City

Meanwhile, while we fuss and discuss year five, Louisville is 14th in the polls and playing Clemson on national TV. Has reality set in yet?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pig In The City on September 16, 2017, 07:27:58 pm
Meanwhile, while we fuss and discuss year five, Louisville is 14th in the polls and playing Clemson on national TV. Has reality set in yet?
Ask cosmodrum.  He seems really into it this year.

Smalltownhog95

It irks me that there's alot of good young coaches that'll be looking to move up and we probably will miss out because of a $15 million dollar buyout and jeff long.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pig In The City on September 16, 2017, 07:27:58 pm

Whatever, BP hated defense and never beat Bama.  So he pretty much sucks too. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hobhog

Waiting for the Einsteins to say we need Orgeron after he gets fired....

bigeasyhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 08:15:12 pm
Whatever, BP hated defense and never beat Bama.  So he pretty much sucks too.

Yeah, and  ghey sex is the bomb.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 04:40:16 pm

Not a very good standard. Let's hope we haven't fallen that far.

hoglady

The Petrino connection may hurt us more than anything.
They are still pretty good friends.
I wonder if he'd have a problem working for Long.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

code red

Lol it ain't about winning!   What am I missing.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bigeasyhog

Quote from: hoglady on September 16, 2017, 08:27:02 pm
The Petrino connection may hurt us more than anything.
They are still pretty good friends.
I wonder if he'd have a problem working for Long.

Hopefully, the Long issue isn't something to worry about. We need a new contract with a different mercenary as well.

Arkansas Fan

Honestly, I don't trust Long to make any hire, much less the right guy for us.

hoglady

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 16, 2017, 04:34:53 pm

Not necessarily talking about the OP, but one thing that I have come to learn over the years of being a Hog fan and being on Hogville, is that fans will say 1 thing as it fits their agenda, but can easily do a 180 and say something completely different as long as it fits their agenda.

He's really a Louisville guy - played there for Howard S. and coached under Petrino.
This is his first year at Purdue.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bigeasyhog on September 16, 2017, 08:22:11 pm
Yeah, and  ghey sex is the bomb.

Just spewing the company line.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bigeasyhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 16, 2017, 08:44:38 pm
Just spewing the company line.

The company is seeking chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, so , there's that .

HardCore

Little Ole Arkansas.  We gotta get out of this mentality.  If we can afford $200 M stadium expansions....we can afford a good, quality coach. 
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Inhogswetrust

He wasn't their head coach IIRC.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi