Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yardpig

Lang's losing streak is beyond impressive.  I keep thinking, he's gotta win one at some point.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WooPig90 on October 14, 2016, 08:50:02 am
Lol this guy is officially fade material! Took the chargers +3 and the under

Wish I would have sat it out!  Went 0-1-1 last night and that baseball game should have gone over then at points you were just glad to get the push. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: yardpig on October 14, 2016, 10:00:36 am
Lang's losing streak is beyond impressive.  I keep thinking, he's gotta win one at some point.

Where I'm getting the info from says to not blindly tail him but pick your spots.  He has made great money picking his spots with Lang, I should listen.  lol  I will see here in a bit if he has a game today.

McKdaddy

So far.....

Tulane   +12  1u
KSU   +14  1u
NM   +14  1u
Neb/IU   u57.5  1u
Neb   -3  2u
UT   +12  1u
OSU/Wis   o44  2u
OM   -7  2u
Syr  +21  2u
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hawgndaaz

I'm on BYU tonight for 2 units. Miss State sucks badly.

DadVader1

A second bad week in a row for me.  On the week I went 40% for -2 units, dropping me down to 52.2% & -6 units YTD.  I haven't had much time this week but pieced together a card, sticking with 1 unit each on:

Az +9.5
Colo St +28
Clem -17.5
Wake +21.5
Neb -3
Minn +7
Conn +20
VT -19.5
BG +31.5
GA St. +17.5
Memph -11.5
Pitt -3

hogsanity

memphis -12
Miami -6.5
neb -3
fla/mizzu un 50.5
ucf -3
wash st -7.5
ga -14
gtech -10.5
ohio -7
wku/mtsu ov 76
iowa -11

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WooPig90

Quote from: WooPig90 on October 13, 2016, 02:24:05 pm
Early plays I have locked in :

Ark/Ole miss over 66

Mizzou/FL under 51

Adding :

Louisville over 69.5
K State +14
Tenn +14
BYU -7
Texas/Iowa St over 69

onebadrubi

widespreadsooie

jkstock04

So far gonna take

Western Michigan -11, 7 units

Ole miss/Hogs over 66, 5 units
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Have been so bad that i havent been sharing my picks.

Locked in today though
Clemson NC ST over 60
Bama -13
Ole Piss -7
ND -3

All dime plays
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on October 13, 2016, 03:06:43 pm
Leans:

Ball St -10.5
Miami -7
Nebraska -3
Bama -12.5 moved up to my number to stay away from, -14
Wake Forest +23
Mizzou v Florida u52
Charlotte +5
South Florida -20 Riding this train until it derails
Ole Miss -7.5 Financially, I should bet this. Not gonna though, I hate OM
Stanford +3 Laying off this one
Ohio State -11
Fresno St +17 Played this last night at +18, forgot to post, proof below
UCF -3.5
New Mexico +14
Tulsa +21 Laying off this one

Taking Texas Tech on a flyer +3. Public has moved this game accross the 0 line, so I'm simply betting against them. Also riding that WMU train this week at -13

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 15, 2016, 10:21:17 am
Have been so bad that i havent been sharing my picks.

Locked in today though
Clemson NC ST over 60
Bama -13
Ole Piss -7
ND -3

All dime plays

All 3 games I scratched off my list...lol. Good luck today man.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

BigSexyHog

Last 2 weeks have been brutal.   Just god awful.

Okie/Ksu over
Texas Tech/ WV OVER
UGA -14

HOPE THINGS TURN AROUND
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

onebadrubi

Lang is on Virginia +4 80 dimer.... He released the play at 11:45 I was told and kick off was 11:30. Lol

BigSexyHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 15, 2016, 12:37:24 pm
Lang is on Virginia +4 80 dimer.... He released the play at 11:45 I was told and kick off was 11:30. Lol

Lol

onebadrubi

Lang has a free play of Arizona + 9.5.  It's moved to +10 now. So USC is the play

SPAL

NC state +19.5
Stanford +3
Indiana +4
Arizona +10
Tennessee +13.5

BigSexyHog

2 teamer  - Miami and Michigan St
3 teamer - Miami,  Michigan st and Nebraska

widespreadsooie

onebadrubi

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 16, 2016, 12:20:29 am
Upset I missed Lang's plays

Lol
Well his one paid play he released after the game Started.   His free pick was a nice fade piece. Hopefully tomorrow he gives us an easy one.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 16, 2016, 12:22:40 am
Lol
Well his one paid play he released after the game Started.   His free pick was a nice fade piece. Hopefully tomorrow he gives us an easy one.

Wouldn't doubt it haha.

I have some tease action tomorrow. Skins +8.5, Saints +8.5, and Ravens +9.5.

jkstock04

Whiffed on Hogs over...that one looked too easy to be true which are usually the ones to stay away from. Still not bad in green on day.

Today one play:

Cowboys +5, 3 units
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

onebadrubi

SPAL

DadVader1

Had a good week after two very bad weeks in a row.  Went 8-4 for 67% and +4 units on the week putting me at 56.6% & even on the year.  I'm starting to see some trends that inspire a little confidence.  I have some digging to do over the next day or three, but I've already found a couple of trends that have hit at over 60% with over 200 occurrences, and a couple that have hit over 70% with over 70 occurrences.  I'm hoping to find some hitting in the 80's with around 50 occurrences.  These are the types of trends that have worked fairly well for me in the past.  I think it's about to get good.

hogsanity

Quote from: hogsanity on October 14, 2016, 03:14:38 pm
memphis -12  L
Miami -6.5  L
neb -3 W
fla/mizzu un 50.5 L
ucf -3 L
wash st -7.5 L
ga -14 L
gtech -10.5 W
ohio -7 L
wku/mtsu ov 76 W
iowa -11 W

2 GARBAGE TIME TD'S AND A TD BY TEMPLE WITH 0:01 left killed me, just killed me.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WooPig90

God awful weekend, never seen so much randomness by some of these teams in my life!

McKdaddy

Enjoyable weekend and season so far.  Note:  I'm generally a .500 bettor, so don't even think about tailing my picks, ha.

Green_Lanternn

onebadrubi

Lang's freeby play is Toronto -1.5 and is suppose to release a paid play later today which most likely will be for MNF.

WooPig90

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 17, 2016, 02:39:40 pm
Lang's freeby play is Toronto -1.5 and is suppose to release a paid play later today which most likely will be for MNF.

Alright so Cleveland +1.5 it is!

WooPig90

Thoughts on the MNF game tonight? Maybe a 5 point tease with the Cards and the over?

onebadrubi

jkstock04

Quote from: WooPig90 on October 17, 2016, 03:34:43 pm
Thoughts on the MNF game tonight? Maybe a 5 point tease with the Cards and the over?
I'm on the over 45 for 4 units.

I think Palmer has a big game and puts up some big numbers. The jets pass defense sucks....giving up over 300 yards/game.

Like the Cards here but like the over more.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

widespreadsooie

Jets +7

Wouldn't mind fading Lang on that baseball play but will stick with NFL tonight.

McKdaddy

SPAL

I would roll with the jets tonight bit I'm laying off and playing baseball. It's kinda scary siding with lang, but I'm on the Jay's as well....-155

SPAL

Quote from: WooPig90 on October 17, 2016, 03:34:16 pm
Alright so Cleveland +1.5 it is!

I know the fade angle, but I woukd be careful here. I have the jays tonight 4-2

SPAL

And I never play the run line in playoff baseball.

userpick

widespreadsooie

Anyone in here have a good, objective angle on why the Hogs' line is so high? I can't come up with one. I was expecting +3 or so.

Mr. Porkleone

New to lines etc.  can someone explain to me this.

Auburn a 9 point fav. If i bet $100 on razorbacks to win, how much win?

userpick

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 17, 2016, 06:25:10 pm
Anyone in here have a good, objective angle on why the Hogs' line is so high? I can't come up with one. I was expecting +3 or so.

I think it's a lot of things. Auburn is coming off a week of rest and we have played two very difficult games back to back. Also, Auburn has really improved this season. And I know this won't be popular with Hogvillians, but I still don't think we have beaten a very good team this year. Ole Miss might end up 7-5 at the end of the year.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: userpick on October 17, 2016, 06:36:56 pm
I think it's a lot of things. Auburn is coming off a week of rest and we have played two very difficult games back to back. Also, Auburn has really improved this season. And I know this won't be popular with Hogvillians, but I still don't think we have beaten a very good team this year. Ole Miss might end up 7-5 at the end of the year.

I agree with those points, OM's defense is really holding them back from a big season. My biggest concern with the line would be JF3 getting into the mix after an extra week of prep but still can't imagine our O not being able to keep it within 10. I'll probably lay off.

Spikes

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on October 17, 2016, 06:30:16 pm

Most time the line will be -9 at -110.  So you will risk $110 to win $100. So in your case risking $100 to win $90 and some change
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

widespreadsooie

Standard juice runs 10% so you would risk 110 to win 100.

widespreadsooie

To win outright you look at the money line. If the money line is +300, $100 bet pays $300.

SPAL

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 17, 2016, 06:25:10 pm

It's one of those times when Vegas is playing games. It's really no more than that. Here is the situation....

They set a line at -9 for auburn....

Public Hog fans say..."are you kidding me? That line is ridiculous. We should win straight up....bet the farm.

Public auburn fans say...."are you kidding me? We just smashed miss state. Arky can't stop the run. We run better than anybody. We will kill the pigs. Bet the farm.

Thursday or Friday, the line will move again....whichever way it moves means the sharp money is playing big. You hope to see the line move in our favor. It moved toward am and bama in our games with them, and u saw the result.

It's all about public perception. Most public bettors outside auburn and Arkansas won't remember the wins.....they remember us giving up tons of yardage to tamu and bama and they remember auburn running roughshod over Ulm and state.

This line is simply screwibg with each fan base.