Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do we have a chance at Montravius Adams DT ?

Started by hoggnthesec, December 25, 2012, 01:18:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggnthesec

Big Boi

whosiskid

Quote from: Big Boi on December 25, 2012, 01:55:38 pm
No

That sums it up.

I'm optimistic about our doing well next year, but this year most of the good players fall into two categories:

1. Players our new coaches recruited at their former schools and who may want to follow them to Arkansas (like several of the Tennessee OL recruits)
2. Players that we've been recruiting all along and are now more interested than before in what is going to happen at Arkansas or who previously were interested but are only now getting interested again due to the coaching changes (Altee Tenpenny falls into the first category and Jordan Wilkins into the second)

But players who were never very interested in us and who we aren't recruiting very strongly will not factor into our final ten players.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

GoHogs1091

We don't have a chance, but it will be interesting to see what occurs regarding Adams' recruitment.  He is one of the most sought after players in the 2013 Class.  If Swinney at Clemson has put Brent Venables on the recruitment of Adams for Clemson, then I won't be surprised if Clemson has a very good chance at Adams.

I don't know if Alabama and Georgia realize just how good of a recruiter is Venables.  Will Muschamp at Florida knows how good of recruiter is Venables because Muschamp had to go up against Venables when Muschamp was at Texas and when Venables was at Oklahoma.

If I had to venture a guess, my guess is that Adams will either end up selecting Georgia (home state school), or Clemson (if Venables is the main recruiter who is recruiting Adams for Clemson).   

iluvmyslute89

I heard Ole Miss might be in the running for his signature.