Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Yo, Adrio"

Started by lynbug, February 01, 2017, 08:38:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

Several good things about tonight:

Adrio, C. J., and Brachen logged some much needed minutes.
We reestablished momentum
Great morale builder for team and fans

FATHAWG08

Bailey gave the Hogs a different look at the 4. A very athletic 4. His play tonight should get him some important minutes from here on out. He provided a big spark in the second half. MA has given Thomas & Cook every chance at the 4 and they have not shown the aggressiveness that Bailey played with tonight. We are better with Bailey in the game.
I love off season Football!!

daprospecta

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 01, 2017, 08:45:06 pm
Bailey gave the Hogs a different look at the 4. A very athletic 4. His play tonight should get him some important minutes from here on out. He provided a big spark in the second half. MA has given Thomas & Cook every chance at the 4 and they have not shown the aggressiveness that Bailey played with tonight. We are better with Bailey in the game.
I agree. I have seen flashes from Thomas but he still hasn't quite put it together just yet. Cook is the same.  Neither possess the energy/athleticism Bailey has.  Bailey also plays like he knows every minute in the game is precious and I love that.

Cmheinley

I really enjoyed watching him game. Seems to have that Qualls explosiveness. Very fun to watch, and I can't argue that he brings more to the table than Cook or Thomas. His defense looked pretty tight as well. I sure hope he gets a lot more play time.

Knot2brite

I like Bailey. I think he is going to be a lot of fun to watch in the coming years. I also think the reason he has sat for so long is because he wasn't/isn't ready to be in the game for long stretches of time. He still looks a little lost on defense and offense but one can see the light bulb is flickering on. He is as athletic of a player as we have on this team. He is NOT Qualls. Bailey's vertical may be the same or better but he lacks the aggressive nature that Qualls had as a freshman. I certainly hope that comes and it looks like it will. He isn't polished on defense or offense but that athletic ability can over come some of the rawness that he has. He needs to be getting minutes regularly to increase his experience and get him used to playing in games that are tough. The future is high for this young man
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

elksnort

There appears to be plenty of enough talent to make the tournament with this team

hogwood

Adrio Bailey is my favorite from the 2016 class. Glad to see him getting some attention. I do think it will translate to more trust from CMA, at least in the next game and then he will have to prove it again.

The_Iceman

Bailey is the best 4 on this team. He showed tonight what his energy and athleticism brings to this team. Cook and Thomas just lost some minutes going forward.

pigsooie1000

if Bailey was just 2 inches taller or had a serviceable 3 ball he would have superstar potential

RacinRazorback

Kudos to CMA for giving Bailey some quality minutes! He was solid for us tonight. Hopefully see a lot more of him. We are a better team with him on the floor!!

hogfan10

Quote from: daprospecta on February 01, 2017, 08:52:09 pm
I agree. I have seen flashes from Thomas but he still hasn't quite put it together just yet. Cook is the same.  Neither possess the energy/athleticism Bailey has.  Bailey also plays like he knows every minute in the game is precious and I love that.

Hard to get going when you can't even come out for warm-ups w/o a foul being called on you. (Thomas)

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2017, 10:36:40 pm
Bailey is the best 4 on this team. He showed tonight what his energy and athleticism brings to this team. Cook and Thomas just lost some minutes going forward.

Wouldn't mind that.  AB has the most upside of the 3.  Love to see a kid make the most of his minutes and earn more.  He took it to an 11 and that's what we need.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jgphillips3

Hopefully we have seen the light come on for Bailey.  The 4 spot has been the most glaring deficit for this team this year.  It would be perfect timing if he could continue to elevate his game down the stretch. 

Dominicanhog

He showed tonight what his energy and athleticism brings to this team. Cook and Thomas just lost some minutes going forward.

which is how it works...

NWAHog479

Cook and Thomas need to work on their mid-range game. Bailey has more talent than both, but I am extremely happy that we have the depth that we do at the 4 spot because Cook and Thomas have both helped us win ball games this year.

swinesation

Bailey is definitely the most athletic and has the highest ceiling, but doesn't play in the system as well yet. I'm a big believer Mike should let him learn on the job though (and CJ for that matter).

However, it should be pointed out that Thomas was key in how effective the trapping defense was against Bama. Our trapping defense looked better than it's looked in years, and Thomas had a lot to do with it. (Yes, I realize it was helped by the fact that Bama has weak guard play, but we've played teams with weak guard play before and our defense wasn't that impressive - looked like the old hogs against Bama).

hogsmash12

We should have an inbounds play in our arsenal for an Adrio rimrocker!