Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tubby Smith Rumors

Started by hogfan064, February 07, 2006, 03:47:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

Heard last night on a local sports show in SC that the Charlotte Bobcats coach(have no idea who that is) is going to step down as coach and that the Bobcats want Tubby Smith.  Tubby is a North Carolina native and is feeling the heat at UK. 

Hoggy Mo Pena

Any chance Kentucky would take Stan Heath?

nobballconcept

i will put in the first $150 to pay Heath to go to UK.  let's start a UK Hog foundation to pay them to take him.  come on Walton's, step up when we need you the most.

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: nobballconcept on February 07, 2006, 03:50:51 pm
i will put in the first $150 to pay Heath to go to UK.  let's start a UK Hog foundation to pay them to take him.  come on Walton's, step up when we need you the most.

I'm in!  LOL

pfrg999

Tell Him to call Sutton... and he Can show Stan how to crawl through broken glass to get to Kentucky
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hoggy Mo Pena on February 07, 2006, 03:48:26 pm

Kentucky likes to run and play lots of guards ...so I would say that Mike Anderson, Rick Patino would be the top candidates to keep the offense up and down.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pfrg999

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 07, 2006, 05:03:10 pm
Quote from: Hoggy Mo Pena on February 07, 2006, 03:48:26 pm

Kentucky likes to run and play lots of guards ...so I would say that Mike Anderson, Rick Patino would be the top candidates to keep the offense up and down.

Oh hell Anderson at KY... Well We would need some K Y every Now and then when we played them...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

94 Hawg

I bet Tubby could get a better offer than the Charlotte bobcats or whatever
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Big Hawg 21

I know Kentucky would take Nolan in a Second..Woudnt that raise the stakes on the rivalry??

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: Big Hawg 21 on February 07, 2006, 06:46:43 pm
I know Kentucky would take Nolan in a Second..Woudnt that raise the stakes on the rivalry??

Want to bet?  I spent some time in KY when Nolan was coaching at Arkansas and they basically thought he was a joke because of his ranting and raving.  That is NOT their style!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Tusks

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on February 07, 2006, 06:54:00 pm

Want to bet?  I spent some time in KY when Nolan was coaching at Arkansas and they basically thought he was a joke because of his ranting and raving.  That is NOT their style!

Wha?  I've had dinner with Patino a couple times (with a group of about 5) and he always had good things to say about Nolan and the Hogs and I always let him know I was a hog fan. My interaction with KY fans were usually very complementary of Nolan and the Hogs...just like RP.  In some circles of sports winning National Championships means something.

Now they don't want Nolan as coach but to say they thought he was a joke isn't right either.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: nutted on February 07, 2006, 07:24:47 pm

Wha?  I've had dinner with Patino a couple times (with a group of about 5) and he always had good things to say about Nolan and the Hogs and I always let him know I was a hog fan. My interaction with KY fans were usually very complementary of Nolan and the Hogs...just like RP.  In some circles of sports winning National Championships means something.

Now they don't want Nolan as coach but to say they thought he was a joke isn't right either.

Why wouldn't Pitino say nice things?  D-1 coaches generally don't bash each other in a social setting.  But on the street with the everyday fan there wasn't an ounce of respect for ol' Nolan.  In fact, most of the people wanted to know why we kept a guy who regularly bashed our fans, the state and anything else that came into his mind when he went on one of his tyrants.

jkelly107

Nolan was a whiner, and I would be happy to contribute to buy out Stan's Contract.

Tusks

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on February 07, 2006, 07:35:23 pm

Why wouldn't Pitino say nice things?  D-1 coaches generally don't bash each other in a social setting.  But on the street with the everyday fan there wasn't an ounce of respect for ol' Nolan.  In fact, most of the people wanted to know why we kept a guy who regularly bashed our fans, the state and anything else that came into his mind when he went on one of his tyrants.

I'm not talking about the KY fans that never set foot in a college classroom, but boosters and the school admin.  I know what RP thinks of NR....you don't know my relationship with him or his assistant coaches and advisors or even Tubby....we'll just agree to disagree because NR ain't gonna be the next coach at KY or probably anywhere else.

I'll give you something to debate....I want Huggins as the next Hog BB coach.  If Sutton can come back from the depth of his problems and take OSU to 2 final4s Huggins could do it at Arkansas.  He would need to stay on the wagon, but if he did he could recruit and win.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: nutted on February 07, 2006, 07:48:43 pm

I'm not talking about the KY fans that never set foot in a college classroom, but boosters and the school admin.  I know what RP thinks of NR....you don't know my relationship with him or his assistant coaches and advisors or even Tubby....we'll just agree to disagree because NR ain't gonna be the next coach at KY or probably anywhere else.

I'll give you something to debate....I want Huggins as the next Hog BB coach.  If Sutton can come back from the depth of his problems and take OSU to 2 final4s Huggins could do it at Arkansas.  He would need to stay on the wagon, but if he did he could recruit and win.

Of course there wasn't an ounce of respect for Nolan, didn't he own them?  How many times did he beat them in Rupp?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

An old hog fanatic

Quote from: nutted on February 07, 2006, 07:48:43 pm

Why would I want to debate an obvious fact?  BTW, I didn't put you down nor did I question what RP or his friends had to say about Richardson.  I do find it interesting that when I disagreed with you that you slammed people you don't know and you don't have a clue whether or not they were boosters or whether or not they were college graduates (which, by the way has no bearing on how a person or persons feel about another person).  So chill, dude.  Pick a fight with someone else.  I have as much right as you do to state what I've heard or how I feel about the Razorback program.