Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SuperPrep's preseason Elite 50 Football 1998 (Which ones lived up to the hype)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, February 07, 2006, 01:38:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogsanity

Well that Anquan Boldin turned out to be an okay receiver in the NFL.    Not a stellar class 8 years down the road. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Bionic_Pig

Did you notice that Tennessee went hard after Chris Simms, CJ Leak and Gary Brashears and neither did squat. Although Simms ended up transferring to Texas due to lack of PT.

Chris Massey "Oklahoma State (recruiting the hardest, 50%, DB/RB) leads slightly over Nebraska (QB/DB), Michigan (DB), Notre Dame (QB/DB) and Oklahoma (QB). Parents prefer Arkansas but Chris denies this is a factor and doesn't expect to make a decision until close to Letter-of-Intent Day. "

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogwild07

i didn't realize T.J. duckett was being recruited as a LB.  Did he chande immediately when he went up there?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogwild07 on February 07, 2006, 02:02:24 pm
i didn't realize T.J. duckett was being recruited as a LB.  Did he chande immediately when he went up there?

He took over the starting job his sophomore year at tailback in 2000 following the loss of Lloyd Clemons.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pfrg999

WOW.... Nobody really made anything except for Boldin/Simms/Duckett.... Massey was a bust at OSU.. And well Gary... we went over that
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

WILL CLINTON

I remember the name Gary Brashears, but don't exactly remember why happened, I just remember not remembering him anymore.  Can someone give me the quick and dirty?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogstorm

Quote from: hogsanity on February 07, 2006, 01:48:53 pm
Well that Anquan Boldin turned out to be an okay receiver in the NFL.    Not a stellar class 8 years down the road. 
Boldin is a great reciever not a okay reciever.  He is top 5 at WR in NFL

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: dubyacee on February 07, 2006, 02:18:27 pm
I remember the name Gary Brashears, but don't exactly remember why happened, I just remember not remembering him anymore.  Can someone give me the quick and dirty?

Gary Brashears & Tavarius Jackson both ended up at Alabama St. University (SWAC conference) with TJ having the most success.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WILL CLINTON

Ok, but why did Gary Brashears leave.  People are on here a lot talking about his dad, and the stuff he pulled while at Arkansas.  What kind of stuff did he pull?
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

wildhogman

most is hear say, but his dad seemd to want to control everything with him, including that he started. He seemd to have the attitude he was best and did not want to practice hard, wanted it handed to him. Beyond that i dont recal, or care, he is yesterdays news. and pretty much a bust.

fu-man-soo

piggly wiggly

Chris Simms did not transfer to texass.  Chris signed with tx. from day one.

HoopS

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 07, 2006, 02:00:01 pm
Did you notice that Tennessee went hard after Chris Simms, CJ Leak and Gary Brashears and neither did squat. Although Simms ended up transferring to Texas due to lack of PT.

Chris Massey "Oklahoma State (recruiting the hardest, 50%, DB/RB) leads slightly over Nebraska (QB/DB), Michigan (DB), Notre Dame (QB/DB) and Oklahoma (QB). Parents prefer Arkansas but Chris denies this is a factor and doesn't expect to make a decision until close to Letter-of-Intent Day. "

Simms didn't transfer to Texas, he pulled a late decommitt from Tennessee and signed with the whorns.

fu-man-soo

reggie brown , bo scaife , Albert Haynesworth, Darnell Dockett, Kenny King, Saleem Rasheed, Bradie James, Lito Sheppard.... all in the league

JackJohnson

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 07, 2006, 02:00:01 pm

\

Simms decommitted from Tenn and signed with Tex.  Had a fantastic statistical career at Tex, and is now a starting QB for Tampa Bay.

Cobbs had a fine career at Ark

Toefield started over Dom Davis at LSU and is a solid back for Jax. 

William Green had an outstanding career at BC and was a first round draft pick by Cleveland, but has been a bust in the NFL so far.

Reggie Brown had a fine career at UGA, and started for Philly this year. 

Bo Scaife had an injury riddled career at Tex, but had a very solid rookie campain for the Titans at TE this year. 

AC Carter played significantly as a true freshman on Alabama's SEC championship team in 1999, but had to give up football due to recurring knee injuries.

Eric Edwards had a good career at TE at LSU

Soloman and Pape were both 3 year starters at Michigan

Carey was a 3 year starter at Miami and was a first round draft pick by the dolphins

Droege started 3 years at Mizzou

Hilliard, Haynesworth, Dockett and King all started on the DL in the NFL this season

Duckett has already been mentioned

Rasheed and James were 3 year starters and are playing on sundays

Sheppard is a pro bowler

Boldin has already been discussed.

Sapp, Thornton and Waddell are all in the NFL

That is damn near half of the top 50 that played in the nfl, not to mention most everyone on the list started in college for their respective teams.