Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otis initiates discussion.

Started by JIHawg, February 07, 2006, 12:13:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Let me start by making it clear I appreciate the work Otis does and subscribe to his pay board.  On his pay board, he made the statement "Houston Nutt is getting ready to earn every penney of his pay."  (Administrators, if I am violating rights here, go ahead and delete the string.   No problem.)  There were several replies and suddenly the string disappeared.  Since the discussion ended abruptly on that board, I thought we could pick it up here.  What do you think he meant by that?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: JIHawg on February 07, 2006, 12:13:13 pm
Let me start by making it clear I appreciate the work Otis does and subscribe to his pay board.  On his pay board, he made the statement "Houston Nutt is getting ready to earn every penney of his pay."  (Administrators, if I am violating rights here, go ahead and delete the string.   No problem.)  There were several replies and suddenly the string disappeared.  Since the discussion ended abruptly on that board, I thought we could pick it up here.  What do you think he meant by that?

Assuming he is referring to HDN's raises/contract extensions  over the past few yrs despite the W/L record.  I really think the statement is that simplistic.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Chuck Beavers

I think it means Houston is about to do something different. I hope winning is one of the new and different things being considered.

Reaganite

I think it means a true HDN hugger is actually admiting that HDN has NOT been earning his pay the last few years!

In the words of the Guniess men: Brilliant!

Tusks

It means he just signed the POY and he better win while that POY is on the hill.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

nashvilletnhogfan

Nutt better win next year or he won't be around to see MM finish his career.

pfrg999

That we Actually win..... since he Recieved $375,000 per win last season... hopefully he will only make $150,000 this year (that's 10 wins).... So we get more for the money
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hogblog

It was a clear admission that HDN had not been earning his pay. Following several posts, critical of the current regime, it highlighted the fact to his attention and the thread was deleted. Or the vaseline Sig line picture offended him.

JIHawg

Otis talks to certain assistant coaches a lot.  My impression was that Nutt has a new challenge on his hands, maybe staff related, maybe cutting down to 85 scholarships, but ti could be something general like the increase in expectations due to Mitch and Damian coming on board.