Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let;s be honest here. Do u really think we will take down LSU?

Started by toshortrock, February 07, 2006, 08:31:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

WILL CLINTON

I agree, and that's only in the first half.  the ball boys will be playing late in he 2nd half.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogfan064

Quote from: toshortrock on February 07, 2006, 08:31:32 am
hate to say it no,we will get blowed out of the water ;D

Has Heath won a big game on the road yet? 

hawgjowls

no i dont but the reason they go ahead and play them is that anything can happen on any given nite.
go hogs beat the tigers.

NATEHOGG216

its blown not blowed.  and come on, I admit it I am a darksider but we will kick their a$$ in the first half.   It is the second half that I'm scared of.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

NATEHOGG216

Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

othermac

teams get upset ALL THE TIME, happens almost every night....maybe you think that big bad john brady is so good he is beyond losing a game he should win. i dont think it is much of a stretch myself. we have a BIG front line, if they play and we get mediocre outside shooting, we could easily be in it at the buzzer.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

TuckFexas

Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

94 Hawg

Quote from: othermac on February 07, 2006, 08:57:25 am
teams get upset ALL THE TIME, happens almost every night....maybe you think that big bad john brady is so good he is beyond losing a game he should win. i dont think it is much of a stretch myself. we have a BIG front line, if they play and we get mediocre outside shooting, we could easily be in it at the buzzer.
we were in @ the buzzer last year, remember? >:( :puke:
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

S.P.A.M. Hog

Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Ish O

Both sophmores, both play a lot. And I know the obvious differences in their games. My point is that Steven needs to be in his face all night long and NOT foul out. I don't care if he even attempts a shot he just needs to play 25-30 minutes of solid defense. If it happens then the Hogs have a chance.

HogPsych

I actually like the dynamics of this one.  They lost their first and may play tight - we play MUCH better as underdogs.  I think it will be close and may even win.  Wouldn't bet on a Heath team beating a high school team on the road, but I like how this one shapes up.  Maybe we're tired of losing. 

hoggystyle78

NATEHOGG216

PennHOG

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 07, 2006, 09:09:25 am
no maybe to it.  I am TIRED of losing

We outpayed their starters last game the problem was that the bench came up huge for them.  Gotta take the crowd out of it early.  Modica needs to continue to be on top his game.  That's the only thing that is encouraging for me.  Modia seems to be out of his 3 year slump!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Jerry Swinefeld

No.

And just saying no is the problem.  We should have a team good enough that we can go into any game expecting to have a chance to win.

pfrg999

Quote from: toshortrock on February 07, 2006, 08:31:32 am
hate to say it no,we will get blowed out of the water ;D

I think we have a shot at this one... No... Not a Hugger... Darksider but  Honestly I think we have a chance probably 70-30 or 60-40... I do not think LSU gives us any...ANY credit and sometimes rightly so.... But they have Florida @ Florida on Saturday..... Overlooking us...Maybe... Maybe Not... If they do overlook us... we CAN beat them... If we had a coach we would beat them.... But I think that we have a good chance IMO
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Shag66

I think they are going to win at LSU...  They need this game and they know it.  I think they are gonna come out and play their best game of the season.

lumphog

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

jkstock04

No...it'll be close and we'll have a chance to win...but something will ultimately screw it up in the end...whether it be Jefferson doing something stupid...or Heath calling a timeout then running a play that makes absolutley no sense...mark it down, we'll lose the game in the final 1 or 2 minutes...thats when we will completly fall apart.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

JustoHogFan

I hate John Brady worse than I hate having Stan Heath as our basketball coach, even though I think we will lose at the end somehow Im still pullin for the hogs...........WPS

I hope the same TV guys are not on wed. night .... did anyone else notice how many times the guy talked about the monster pokin his head out WTH......................that was annoying

GO HOGS!!!!!! :)          :razorback:        ;D         :razorback:               :puke: Brady and Heath

Pig Power

I haven't seen anything this year that will allow me to say UA can beat LSU. Big leads on the road in conference and no finish makes me wonder if this team has any balls. Can they take a punch in the mouth without backing down? LSU comes to BWA and shuts down the Hogs and goes on a 30 something to 6 run. That should never happen in D1 basketball..... especially on your home floor. I know Heath can't score from the bench, but he needs to play the kids that won't wilt when the pressure comes. At LSU, there will be pressure and if the Hogs go on any prolonged drought, this game will be ugly.
I am a Razorback fan to the core, but until this team finds their testicles, there will not be much success on the road.

PHill94

I see a win comming. We were screwed their last year, and we blew a lead this year. We will not blow this one!

Hogs4Ever

It's a road game, 'nuff said.  We'll be up by 15 in the first half and lose by 2.

three

Wait, wait, wait.   Are they playing one half or two in this game?

If they call it after 20 minutes, we win.  If there's a second half, we lose by double figures.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

BushHawg

Well I sure as hell hope we win because I'll be at the game and there are two things I hate and they're both the LSU Tigers.

Just joking, they're actually:

1)Watching the Hogs lose
and
2)Watching LSU win

Could be a long night for me.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

Hums

Sure we have won Big Road Games. Beat Kansas in Maui, TT in Dallas! Dont you guys remember any game that is not played on your home floor is considered a road game!

Hogeye_Pierce

There's always a CHANCE we could win. Unlike what was stated above, I think the chances of our getting a victory are about 10-20%. I base that on our 3-25 record on the road in the SEC under Heath and our previous performances on the road this year. We have to play well for a full 35-40 minutes of solid ball and hope LSU makes some key mistakes down the stretch. Again, as I said, NOT LIKELY but POSSIBLE.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

razorbackfan4life

I see Modica going for 20 Brewer for 20 Townes for 12 Thomas for 10 Ferguson for 8 Dontel for 6 Mccurdy 3 Hill 2

and thats the box score for arkansas   81pts
                                             LSWHO     72

im so optimistic right now :)

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Hums on February 07, 2006, 04:28:00 pm
Sure we have won Big Road Games. Beat Kansas in Maui, TT in Dallas! Dont you guys remember any game that is not played on your home floor is considered a road game!

Those games did NOT involve 98% of the crowd cheering for the other team and trying to rattle you. PLUS road wins are tougher to come by in league play against the teams that know you the best.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pfrg999

LSU ...after US is Florida @ Florida.... Don't you think they might just be looking over us to them ???

three

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on February 07, 2006, 04:32:14 pm
Quote from: Hums on February 07, 2006, 04:28:00 pm

Those games did NOT involve 98% of the crowd cheering for the other team and trying to rattle you. PLUS road wins are tougher to come by in league play against the teams that know you the best.
He's joking.  Stan made the comment prior to Mississippi State that his team was better prepared because they played games at neutral sites, and state played less talented teams on the road.  Basically, Stanley has given the impression that, if a game is played away from BWA, even if AWAY meand LITTLE ROCK, it's a road game.  He talked smack about his team being prepared because they played a tougher "road" (his definition, not a normal person's) schedule than Miss. St.  Anybody remember what happened in that game?
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

pigfoot

I think we will be close for a half.  Then, they take us to school.  Brady's bunch makes halftime adjustments far better than we do.  They play meaner than we do.  Midway of the second half, we're history.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

othermac

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 07, 2006, 04:34:18 pm
LSU ...after US is Florida @ Florida.... Don't you think they might just be looking over us to them ???

I dont know if they are but i hope stan is, we can go from 4 out to 1 out in just 3 games and be right back in it. that would be a thrill, that could help the moral of everyone associated with this team.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

But who has arkansas upset on the road in the past 5 years?  Oh yeah, no one.  We are MUCH more likely to lose games we "should" win than to win games that we shouldn't.

pfrg999

Quote from: abostian on February 07, 2006, 04:54:24 pm

But who has arkansas upset on the road in the past 5 years?  Oh yeah, no one.  We are MUCH more likely to lose games we "should" win than to win games that we shouldn't.

UHHHHHH..... You make valid points sir... +1 for you

pfrg999

Quote from: pigfoot on February 07, 2006, 04:41:32 pm
I think we will be close for a half.  Then, they take us to school.  Brady's bunch makes halftime adjustments far better than we do.  They play meaner than we do.  Midway of the second half, we're history.

That is Stupid... You should say ...Brady MAKES adjustments at halftime... Not better Just some, any , just one Stan one Adjustment for God's sake

johnny cash

I believe that we have a great chance to win.  I just hope that we don't get a big lead.  We need to have some type of inside game to open up our perimeter play.  I just hope that we can finish when we get a chance to score.