Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody heard of the refs getting suspended?

Started by Richard_white, February 07, 2006, 02:44:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_white

What was the call for the refs to get suspended in the duke vs florida st game? thanks

WPS

LA HAWG

They screwed up a technical foul call which led to an FSU player fouling out and being suspended for the next game when in all acuality it should not have been called that way.

ttabler

Duke had quite a week last week thanks to the refs. Helping Duke win over BC was bad enough but come on that over FSU was totally stupid. Yet one more reason to hate Duke.

silvertip

I saw the replay. One of FSU's big guys put a hard foul on one of Duke's darlings. Which was FSU guy's 4th foul. The Duke darling jumped up and rammed the FSU with his chest. FSU guy spread his arms wide out & backed away. The refs called it a "double technical"---thus fouling out the FSU guy with about 9:30 left in regulation. Duke won in OT. At home.

The refs were suspended for one game. Justifiably. A ridiculous call.
Should have been no call at all OR a technical on the Dookie darling.

Mike Tencleve

All Duke does is win baby! Yet people hate them for doing things the right way. The win, graduate player, they are classy. It's not there fault that the media give them so much attention. I think we all would love our hogs to be on that level and to get that kind of attention.

dukefan

Quote from: mi-ky on February 07, 2006, 09:44:15 am
All Duke does is win baby! Yet people hate them for doing things the right way. The win, graduate player, they are classy. It's not there fault that the media give them so much attention. I think we all would love our hogs to be on that level and to get that kind of attention.
EXACTLY, THE BOTTOM LINE AROUND HERE IS PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS.  WHAT IS THERE NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THAT PROGRAM.  THEY DO THINGS THE RIGHT WAY!!!

silvertip

You want to know what's not to like? Next Duke vs Whoever game on TV, take pen & paper & mark down how many times you see Coach K's mug on the screen compared to Coach X for the other team.

Every time-out, they will show the Duke team going to the bench. Every FT, TO, any kind of break in the action---we get to look at the awesome-baby! Coach K.

I've been doing this for years. Last time, it was like 24 K to 4 Coach X before I lost interest. The only coach I've ever seen that gets nearly equal face-time is that other media-darling Pitino. Try it.

toshortrock

they ought to do more than just suspend them one game
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////