Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Posters can say anything

Started by Hawgman2000, February 06, 2006, 06:24:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgman2000

1. the staff has resistance to Gus
2. the staff does not know how to recruit
3. the NCAA investigation was not the primary problem
4. Matt Jones hurt the passing game ( this one is true but the ones posting this were at the time saying he was the greatest thing to ever come to fayetteville.)
4. Gus and Markeson do not get along    give me the proof  not just some baseless opinion
5. Nutt had little to do with the positive results in this class   it was all Gus and Alex
6. Several posters will be screaming for nutts head when he wins the SEC  (oops that one is true)
7. Nutt will attempt to get all of the credit when Gus turns this thing around   (Nutt has been very gracious to give credit to Gus and Alex for their work in recruiting)

Arkansas will compete for the west next year and with a break or two win the west. You see posters can say anything. The only difference is that even if it is not true the post does not attack anyone with vague comments.

good day

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Hawgman2000 on February 06, 2006, 06:24:23 pm
1. the staff has resistance to Gus
2. the staff does not know how to recruit
3. the NCAA investigation was not the primary problem
4. Matt Jones hurt the passing game ( this one is true but the ones posting this were at the time saying he was the greatest thing to ever come to fayetteville.)
4. Gus and Markeson do not get along    give me the proof  not just some baseless opinion
5. Nutt had little to do with the positive results in this class   it was all Gus and Alex
6. Several posters will be screaming for nutts head when he wins the SEC  (oops that one is true)
7. Nutt will attempt to get all of the credit when Gus turns this thing around   (Nutt has been very gracious to give credit to Gus and Alex for their work in recruiting)

Arkansas will compete for the west next year and with a break or two win the west. You see posters can say anything. The only difference is that even if it is not true the post does not attack anyone with vague comments.

good day

1. Infered assumption since it took 8 years to get an OC hired, and most of the guys on staff are Nutt hired people, the theory would be that Nutt did not want an OC, and they would stick by their man.  I am not attacking anyone just giving the reasons.

2. The staff does know how to recruit i just think the disorganization is a big problem.  It can obviously land some quality players, however look at glaring areas left unaddressed.  Example, Oline.  We have the fewest Olinemen in the SEC, and we only got 3 this year, only one other team i know of in the SEC landed 3 Olinmen this year in the recruiting.  We go after a lot of ATH players, who can be great but are obviously not set to one position, that can go good or bad.  The staff as a whole (including Gus) can recruit as obvious by getting Damian to switch.  Just needed some help in my opinion because before that he was heading to Florida no question.

3.  The investigation was not a primary problem.  Show me that it was?  Show me numerous (i know of only 2) recruits that said it was the deciding factor in where they went.  Show me that it was not the recruiting staff, or lack of contact that was the reason they did not come here.  Compare recruiting rankings to pre-investigation, to post-investigation.  Note differences, note size of differences, not very large in my opinion.  Investigation was blamed, yet without investigation DW was still not coming here in the begining, and there was no cloud, and there was no problems. 

4.  You said it was true, not much to argue there.

4 (another 4?). Gus and Markeson i believe are getting along due to the position Gus is in, now i don't think they are bosum buddies or anything, but i don't know.  Gus and Markeson are not giving a lot of interviews covering the subject, and the media is not really told much about it.  No one outside the program knows much about it, however where there is smoke there is usually fire, and with their relationship, there has been rumors (smoke).  I am not making assumptions, but i am not going to say they are best friends either.

5.  Nutt had some to do with the class as he is the Head Coach.  However when you look at it, with the comittment of MM in the fall, we landed zero recruits between then and his decomit.  ZERO.  Obviously not much work was done during the football season.  The major change happened when Gus and Alex came on.  That goes to show me that with Gus/Alex = a lot more recruits were landed than without them.  That leads me to believe that they had a very large impact.  Also rumors i heard said there were several recruits who said they were very impressed with the two.  They also said they were very impressed with Vaughn, so take it as you want.  I believe Vaughn is a great recruiter.  He had a lot to do with the recruiting in past seasons as well, but that is a compliment to Nutt as he is one of Nutt's hires.

6.  You are absolutly correct that several posters will STILL be calling for his head if he wins the SEC.  However thats a big IF.  I am not saying i will be one of them, but rather HDN has a HUGE PR problem and has done little to remedy it.  Bringing down the tarp and giving others credit is one way to win the fans back, but honestly to win a large majority of them back, you need wins, wins at home, and wins on the road.  You need post season wins.  You need wins.  I can't say it any clearer.  However look at Florida, after what Meyer did in recruiting this year, there is still a www.fireMeyer.com (i believe that is the address).  Can't please everyone, but right now, HDN has a lot more than 5% mad at him.  He needs some big time PR help in the form of a winning season, or a winning home season at least.

7.  Nutt will attempt to get credit for a winning season?  Of course he will, he is the coach and will deserve some of it, no matter how its spun, however we ask will he give credit to the coaching staff.  We witnessed the "I CALLED THAT PLAY" quote last year, even when Monk stated Dick called the pass.  Now what amount of an audible was called is still up for argument.  However we have several examples of Nutt taking glory for players achievements.  This one is to early to tell, however we will know the answer in less than a year. 

You are dead on with the statement that posters can say anything, you are dead wrong if you think you can make statements without someone posing an alternative perspective (Ask TulsaHawg about that).  This is an open forum, and the responses above are simply my own.  Its how i FEEL.  The season will play itself out and all of us will be watching.  Gonna be a fun year.  I just hope we get a chance to see what Gus and Alex can do.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

wildhogman

You are dead on with the statement that posters can say anything, you are dead wrong if you think you can make statements without someone posing an alternative perspective (Ask TulsaHawg about that).  This is an open forum, and the responses above are simply my own.  Its how i FEEL.  The season will play itself out and all of us will be watching.  Gonna be a fun year.  I just hope we get a chance to see what Gus and Alex can do.
[/quote]
I think what he was saying was you can give opinions without attacking the poster with stupid comments. Yours as usual is a well thought out opinion and did not attack him. Just as his was. Which is why we love hogville, lots of opinions, thoughts and ideas.

hog caller

why not recruit heavy in Indiana and Michigan and oklahoma and virginia

i know for sure South Bend has 5 big highschools there and elkhart is 14 miles away with two high schhols there goshen is just down the road abot 15 miles from elkart and they have a big school, lets not forget ft.wayne ,Indianapoles , Muncie ,.East Chicago
Gary and Hammond all these big cities have some great athletes in them including Michigan city and Laporte.w. lafayette has a good school also.wwe're missing something here guys. they won't all go to Notre Dame