Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thank you bacon

Started by tulsahog36, February 06, 2006, 03:35:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tulsahog36

What a great article on the home page.   If (IF) Arkansas beats USC on Sept 2nd, and goes to 4-0 with a home win over Alabama, the state would be in football frenzy we haven't seen in decades.    No doubt Sept 2nd is the biggest game Arkansas has played in my memory.   There have big ones, but with the change of offensive philosophy, Herring's 2nd year, the carry over exictment of MM (especially if he is the starter), and add in USC is the premier team in college football, what an event it will be.   How much do the tickets go for outside the stadium if Casey is QB?  How much if MM is the starter??    And, will USC give Felix Jones a chance to return a kick? 

hogsNbeer

Well TulsaHog...... I think it was 2001 or 2002.... We had just beat Texas a$$ in Austin, then went on to go O_FER in October!.......   Let's not jump to any conclusions as of yet.........and don't hold your breath about beating USC.....

basshog

February 06, 2006, 04:07:14 pm #2 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 12:15:57 pm by basshog
Yes, the excitement level will be high, and for all the reasons mentioned.  I don't think it will be the biggest game in recent memory, though.  I even think the 2004 Texas game was bigger because we were going for a 4th straight win and felt like we had a real shot at getting it (which we nearly did).  Even though there will be much anticipation for all that is new Hog football, few will actually expect us to beat USC.  If the Hogs win, it will be phenomenal.  But if the Hogs loose, it will be expected and meaningless because they are in transition.  We won't even be disappointed as long as it is a respectable score.  Thus, the game really isn't that big.

There is no way in Hades that MM starts against USC.  No one, even Nutt, would be dumb enough to have a QB who has never even stood on the sideline in a college game start against USC.  After the demoralizing beating last year, psychology/maturity will be the most important factor in the 1st quarter.  He might get in if we are loosing really bad.

I think USC is so full of themselves that they may not pay much attention to Jones' return ability.  I vote he gets at least a couple of chances.

maniax22bolts20

That was a center cut bacon.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 06, 2006, 04:01:39 pm
Well TulsaHog...... I think it was 2001 or 2002.... We had just beat Texas a$$ in Austin, then went on to go O_FER in October!.......   Let's not jump to any conclusions as of yet.........and don't hold your breath about beating USC.....

Arkansas got as high as #7 ranked BCS team before the implosion in October.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

whatsshakinbacon

you guys are too kind - thanks for the vote of support.

Always nice to dream...

Bacon out...

Tomhog™

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 06, 2006, 06:40:03 pm
Well TulsaHog...... I think it was 2001 or 2002.... We had just beat Texas a$$ in Austin, then went on to go O_FER in October!.......   Let's not jump to any conclusions as of yet.........and don't hold your breath about beating USC.....

What a paper tiger we turned out to be that year.  I wouldn't expect the same this year...

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Tomcat on February 07, 2006, 12:25:06 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 06, 2006, 06:40:03 pm

What a paper tiger we turned out to be that year.  I wouldn't expect the same this year...

Nobody expected it then either, did they?........ Nutt finds a way to muster it up...