Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mcfadden...will he ever see the heisman

Started by bradyv15, February 06, 2006, 01:16:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Will darren mcfadden ever win the heisman?

probably
slim chance
never
definetly
50/50

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: LA HAWG on February 07, 2006, 06:56:10 am
We all were saying the same thing a few years ago about Cobbs.  Nutt and the boys will ruin McFadden you'll see.  Now I bet everyone is going to get on here and try to tell me that Cobbs wasn't really that good. 

Nah, I'm not gonna tell you Cobbs wasn't a stud -- he was.  The BIG difference is that DMac will have an OC that will not run him into the hospital by his senior year.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 06, 2006, 04:46:15 pm
Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 06, 2006, 04:24:57 pm
Quote from: Stateline Hawg on February 06, 2006, 01:29:12 pm
It is unlikely, The Manning brothers couldn't do it, they lost to Jason White and Charles Woodson.  Marshall Faulk couldn' either.  It's a popularity contest.  AP at OU will get it next year.

Not so fast my friend......  Brady Quinn should be the front runner next year for the IRISH..... They will be in the top 5 to start the season....when they make a run for the NC Quinn will have big numbers .......  but I agree, Peterson will be up there as well....I just think  Quinn will have the edge-- if ND can make a run at the NC......JMHO...

As for McFadden...Keep dreaming...... I agree with the other poster.. You have to be on a National Contender for the Heisman.... I believe the Heisman as gotten away from it's meaning...... We'll never be in the top tier unless someone is relieved of his duties...

Hell Hogsnbeer good to hear you pessimistic voice again... Dmac with 1500+ will get some attention for 07' He will have some next year with 150-200 against USC + 2000 yds + Hogs go 10-2, 11-1 something like that...Then he has a Chance

Good to be heard thank you....... 10-2, 11-1 ! under NUTT... are you kidding me!!! ???   Sure in a dreamworld he gets all those numbers and Nutt coaches us to 11-1-- year right...  Go drink the KoolAid...   When we go 10-2 or 11-1 under a Nutt Coached team I give you permission to call me out publicly....   Quinn will win the Heisman...... AR is just not in National Championship contention, a BCS team ever..... That's basically what you have to be, to be in the running for the Heisman...... Next argument..

sailorripley

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on February 07, 2006, 05:24:44 am
If Deangelo Williams can't get it, then Dmac can't. I hope it doesnt' happen that way though

Playing in Conference USA and sitting out the most high profile game of the season at your own request is a sure way to make sure you get no real consideration.

hogtheball

I don't think Wisconsin was a NC contender in 99 when Ron Dayne won the Heisman. I could be wrong.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

sailorripley

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 09:28:52 am
I don't think Wisconsin was a NC contender in 99 when Ron Dayne won the Heisman. I could be wrong.

No they weren't competing for a NC, but they were in the Top 5 and played in a BCS bowl that year.

hogtheball

O.K., I've got one.  Barry Sanders won in 1988 and I know Oklahoma State wasn't BCS quality.  Of course that was almost 20 years ago. And, that was Barry Sanders.  What if we go 9-3 and McFadden breaks the single-season rushing record?
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

pfrg999

Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 07, 2006, 09:22:16 am
It is unlikely, The Manning brothers couldn't do it, they lost to Jason White and Charles Woodson.  Marshall Faulk couldn' either.  It's a popularity contest.  AP at OU will get it next year.

Not so fast my friend......  Brady Quinn should be the front runner next year for the IRISH..... They will be in the top 5 to start the season....when they make a run for the NC Quinn will have big numbers .......  but I agree, Peterson will be up there as well....I just think  Quinn will have the edge-- if ND can make a run at the NC......JMHO...

As for McFadden...Keep dreaming...... I agree with the other poster.. You have to be on a National Contender for the Heisman.... I believe the Heisman as gotten away from it's meaning...... We'll never be in the top tier unless someone is relieved of his duties...

Hell Hogsnbeer good to hear you pessimistic voice again... Dmac with 1500+ will get some attention for 07' He will have some next year with 150-200 against USC + 2000 yds + Hogs go 10-2, 11-1 something like that...Then he has a Chance

Good to be heard thank you....... 10-2, 11-1 ! under NUTT... are you kidding me!!! ???   Sure in a dreamworld he gets all those numbers and Nutt coaches us to 11-1-- year right...  Go drink the KoolAid...   When we go 10-2 or 11-1 under a Nutt Coached team I give you permission to call me out publicly....   Quinn will win the Heisman...... AR is just not in National Championship contention, a BCS team ever..... That's basically what you have to be, to be in the running for the Heisman...... Next argument..

It's Not Just a HDN coached team anymore.... And when we Do I will call you out  ;D
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

sailorripley

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 09:47:47 am
O.K., I've got one.  Barry Sanders won in 1988 and I know Oklahoma State wasn't BCS quality.  Of course that was almost 20 years ago. And, that was Barry Sanders.  What if we go 9-3 and McFadden breaks the single-season rushing record?

Yea, lol, it was Barry Sanders. I think if McFadden can rush for like 2,600 yards and score 39 touchdowns (add the bowl game and it's 2,850 and 44 TDs for Sanders), he'll have a pretty good shot.

hogtheball

Thanks, there's hope then.  Of course, that doesn't leave very many touchdowns for Monk, Williams, and the others. 

hogsNbeer

Quote from: pfrg999 on February 07, 2006, 10:05:06 am
Quote from: hogsNbeer on February 07, 2006, 09:22:16 am

Good to be heard thank you....... 10-2, 11-1 ! under NUTT... are you kidding me!!! ???   Sure in a dreamworld he gets all those numbers and Nutt coaches us to 11-1-- year right...  Go drink the KoolAid...   When we go 10-2 or 11-1 under a Nutt Coached team I give you permission to call me out publicly....   Quinn will win the Heisman...... AR is just not in National Championship contention, a BCS team ever..... That's basically what you have to be, to be in the running for the Heisman...... Next argument..

It's Not Just a HDN coached team anymore.... And when we Do I will call you out  ;D

Yea, but he'll be present on the sidelines biting his fingers.....He has a knack for goobering a good thing up......  Call me out........Smite Away!

sailorripley

Quote from: hogtheball on February 07, 2006, 10:18:54 am
Thanks, there's hope then.  Of course, that doesn't leave very many touchdowns for Monk, Williams, and the others. 

Well, even with Sanders going off like a mad man, there was some balance. Gundy passed for about 2,200 or 2,300 yards, and Hart Lee Dykes (great in college a bust in the NFL) hauled in 70+ passes for about 1,300 and 14 TDs.
But DMac will be sharing the load with Jones and I bet you see a few more screen passes (to Hillis) substituted for some rushing attempts.
Not sure he'll be able to put up the gaudy numbers voters would look for considering that (even if the screen pass is wrong).

G-MAN

I don't think he will ever win it not because he doesn't have the talent but because Arkansas doesn't receive enough nation attention.

tmac

Heisman Trophy winners play on championship teams, the Razorbacks will not be in the hunt of a National Championship until we get a championship mentality coach. Mcfadden may be mentioned as a possible canidate at some point in his playing at ArK, but my feeling is that is all he will get.

fastbreak

The thing in Mcfadden's favor is that he did get recognition as a freshman. A good start would be having a GREAT game against USC next fall. He will not be considered with 1,000 yard seasons, but it is possible.

[attachment deleted by admin]