Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MIke, were you there when Scott Cain was interrogating Stan?

Started by Boarcephus, February 06, 2006, 07:27:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

From your response I take it you were.  Was Scott the only one asking those questions or were several other writers involved?   From the clip you had on your sports, I saw where Heath was getting rather "testy" from the questioning.  Were there other questions leading up to this or did this one just hit a nerve?  Thanks.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 06, 2006, 07:27:30 am
From your response I take it you were.  Was Scott the only one asking those questions or were several other writers involved?   From the clip you had on your sports, I saw where Heath was getting rather "testy" from the questioning.  Were there other questions leading up to this or did this one just hit a nerve?  Thanks.
As I recall it was Scott Cain alone pressing that point. From what I gathered Scott had personally talked to Heath earlier in the week and was told that McCurdy would play more. Scott was trying to get Stan to explain what exactly had caused him to change his mind. Stan said, "He played." Scott said, "One minute is playing less, not more."
Heath finally said that he could never figure out who he should pull in order to play McCurdy.

silvertip

I've noticed the past couple of years that Cain was one who would actually question HDN's coaching style re: the offense. I consider his reporting of Hog sports among the best. Did he get in "trouble" with HDN over his reporting?

Lanny

Quote from: mikeirwin on February 06, 2006, 10:12:51 am
As I recall it was Scott Cain alone pressing that point. From what I gathered Scott had personally talked to Heath earlier in the week and was told that McCurdy would play more. Scott was trying to get Stan to explain what exactly had caused him to change his mind. Stan said, "He played." Scott said, "One minute is playing less, not more."
Heath finally said that he could never figure out who he should pull in order to play McCurdy.

Hopefully Stan will have the time (looking for a job after this season) to answer those questions.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

TopHawwgg

Quote from: silvertip on February 06, 2006, 10:17:16 am
I've noticed the past couple of years that Cain was one who would actually question HDN's coaching style re: the offense. I consider his reporting of Hog sports among the best. Did he get in "trouble" with HDN over his reporting?

Notice he and Holt switched beats with football and basketball.........where will they send Cain next when he upsets Heath?...Baseball and track?....  That would work out well though cause both of those coaches seem to get the most out of their players and Cain would not have much to question them about....lol

mikeirwin

Quote from: silvertip on February 06, 2006, 10:17:16 am
No he didn't get into trouble.
But there is no question their working relationship had become strained. Scott felt it would be better for the paper if he switched jobs with Bob Holt. Who knows, they may switch again in the future if Nutt and Heath are still around. I know there were times when I wished KFSM had another guy to cover Razorback football under Lou Holtz. Being around Lou every day would flat wear you out.

HogDodging

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 06, 2006, 07:27:30 am
From your response I take it you were.  Was Scott the only one asking those questions or were several other writers involved?

One of our homers asking tough questions?  Surely, you jest. 

Boarcephus

You would have been proud of Scott.  He was polite but hung in there even when Stan tried to give him the slip.  Scott is one of us.   He'll ask the questions we wish we could.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Is it true that the Standroid got so flustered that he started answering in binary code.

010001001100001010000100011100101000011110000010000010000000000010111. (Translation:  WTH do you want me to say that I'm in over my head, OK I'm in over my head)
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Ugly Uncle

Cain was the first one I ever heard say that Nutt seemed like he was in charge of a Fort that was under siege.  That he was closing everyone off.  That something was going on up on the hill.  I was shocked that one of the Arkansas Media would be that honest.  Of course, that was before I realized Mike was asking some of the tough questions also.
Retired Radio Host

HogDodging

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 06, 2006, 02:55:42 pm
You would have been proud of Scott.  He was polite but hung in there even when Stan tried to give him the slip.  Scott is one of us.   He'll ask the questions we wish we could.

I wasn't referring to Scott.  I know he's not afraid to ask the tough questions.

Ark Blitz

Quote from: hSv on February 06, 2006, 10:17:36 am
Quote from: mikeirwin on February 06, 2006, 10:12:51 am

Hopefully Stan will have the time (looking for a job after this season) to answer those questions.

Nutt should go with him