Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some "Rumblings" Over in Sooner Land

Started by GoHogs1091, February 05, 2006, 10:07:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs1091

There are some "rumblings" over in Sooner land pertaining to Kelvin Sampson.  The following is a thread from one of their boards.  It seems that some over there have a nickname for Sampson.  Their nickname is "Coach Denim."  I can't believe that there are some people over there that are wanting Sampson gone.  Kelvin Sampson is an excellent, excellent basketball coach.  All he has done is won many games since he has been at Norman.  They did lose a close game to Kansas today at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, but Allen Fieldhouse is a much, much tougher place to play at than is Rupp Arena.  If they "run" Sampson out of Norman, then the UofA needs to move quickly and replace Heath with Kelvin Sampson.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61794

jrw11475

Why would they remove Sampson?  Seems stupid.

mikeirwin

Quote from: jrw11475 on February 05, 2006, 10:11:29 pm
They wouldn't. There are always "rumblings." Rumblings don't get you fired. If they did a couple of U of A coaches would already be gone.

TennesseeRaz

Having "Darksiders" is the challenge of every coach.  They'd be fools to fire Sampson.

HouTxRzbck

You can't please everyone.  These people are like hog fans.  Can't be pleased.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

whatsshakinbacon

There are rumblings today somewhere in North Carolina that Krzyzewski has overextended his visit at Duke. 

Always somebody griping...  Kinda like when I bust it to clean up the house for my wife and she notices the tiny crumb of cookie left on the kitchen table. 

Bacon out...

The_Bionic_Pig

Maybe they are dumb enough to want their old coach back
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OklaU

I think a lot of fans are sick of the never ending roller coaster ride.  They've been all over the top 25.  There are some who find Sampson's ball to be simply boring and he's had a rough time keeping some star players in the past few years.  :-\

"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

bigred7987

dukefan

You people should know it is always the coaches fault!!

McKdaddy

February 06, 2006, 09:13:47 pm #10 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 09:36:34 pm by McKdaddy
I'm not an HDN fan, but you wouldn't believe how many times I hear that concerning nutt from those outside Arkansas.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

DukeOfPork

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 05, 2006, 10:07:01 pm
There are some "rumblings" over in Sooner land pertaining to Kelvin Sampson.  The following is a thread from one of their boards.  It seems that some over there have a nickname for Sampson.  Their nickname is "Coach Denim."  I can't believe that there are some people over there that are wanting Sampson gone.  Kelvin Sampson is an excellent, excellent basketball coach.  All he has done is won many games since he has been at Norman.  They did lose a close game to Kansas today at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence, but Allen Fieldhouse is a much, much tougher place to play at than is Rupp Arena.  If they "run" Sampson out of Norman, then the UofA needs to move quickly and replace Heath with Kelvin Sampson.

Isn't Sampson in a little bit of hot water with the NCAA situation?

sailorripley

Quote from: PorkPariah on February 06, 2006, 11:26:14 pm
Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 05, 2006, 10:07:01 pm

Isn't Sampson in a little bit of hot water with the NCAA situation?

I the NCAA stuff is realtively minor. Even though he's taken them to the dance 10 out of 11 seasons, there are regularly "rumblings" when the team hits a tough stretch.

RAZORBART

Quote from: bigred7987 on February 06, 2006, 08:41:05 pm
I don't want Sampson here

wouldn't mind getting the coach of the ladys team from OU though.