Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worst Officiating Ever In A Super Bowl

Started by clemensrules01, February 05, 2006, 08:36:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfancb

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 05, 2006, 11:44:59 pm
I was for Pittsburgh and I'll take all the help they can get from the officials. Thanks for all you do, officials. Hahahaha.

Too bad Seattle didn't have the officials in their pockets or they may have won!

The same way Texas had the refs on the championship game. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogfancb on February 06, 2006, 03:53:45 pm
I was for Pittsburgh and I'll take all the help they can get from the officials. Thanks for all you do, officials. Hahahaha.

Too bad Seattle didn't have the officials in their pockets or they may have won!

No, the same way Texas had Vince Young and USC didn't.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

pfrg999

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 06, 2006, 03:55:50 pm
Quote from: hogfancb on February 06, 2006, 03:53:45 pm

No, the same way Texas had Vince Young and USC didn't.

Wait ...Vince Young is GONE.... Let's See where the DongHorns play next year...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

hogmary

How about the pass interference in the end zone...the Steeler defender grabbed the Seattle player's jersey BEFORE the Seattle player stretched his arm out and touched him.  Selective call by the official.
I do not think that Rothlisberger got the ball to the goal line before being tackled.  I looked at it over and over and did not see it.  No holding on the play when the Seahawks got a first down on the one.  Blocking below the waist, on a tackle?  Please.  There was another that they actually did overturn on replay, but I forgot what the call was.  I didn't see the TD that was called out of bounds.  I could have sworn that Walter Coleman was the ref, then I realized the Patriots weren't playing. 
I didn't think that the Seahawks and the Steelers were the best 2 teams in the NFL (Pete Rozelle must be loving the mediocrity, excuse me, PARITY, in the NFL from wherever he is now), so I guess the NFL didn't think it was necessary to use their best officials.
By the way, I didn't have a favorite in the game, I like both teams okay.  Probably, the Steelers a little more.
I agree, the worst officiating in any Super Bowl....I have seen all but 2 of them.

tophawg19

not one mention about the seattle te catching and fumbling the ball and the ref blowing it dead before pitt recovered it .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

The Steelers overcame WORSE calls in the Indy game.  The Seahawks had their chance and Hasselback threw the ball to one of our defenders.  The Seahawks were out-coached(NO excuse for poor time management at the end of the half AND at the end of the game), out-hustled, and MOST importantly OUTSCORED. 

Some of the calls were bad in this Superbowl, but there are always missed calls.  To say it was the "worst officiated in history" is ridiculous.  There is no way any of you can go back in your memory and nitpick and dissect ALL of the calls in those other Superbowls the way you have this one, which happened yesterday.  We didn't even have the technology in many of those games that we have today.  They definitely were not as closely watched.  This argument has NO basis.

We've all played ball with guys that like to constantly gripe about umpires and refs and use them as an excuse.  Whine, whine, whine.  If it makes you feel better somehow, go ahead.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: ScottFaldon on February 06, 2006, 08:38:51 pm
Quote from: tophawg19 on February 06, 2006, 07:12:25 pm
not one mention about the seattle te catching and fumbling the ball and the ref blowing it dead before pitt recovered it .

Shhhh, things like that don't jibe with the "refs handed the game to Pittsburgh" mindset.

Does anyone ever read and actually pay attention on this board?

Quote from: dmhog v2.0 on February 05, 2006, 11:25:52 pm
The Seattle fumble that was called an incomplete pass in the second quarter was the only wrong call that I saw that went in Seattle's favor.

Brer Hog

February 06, 2006, 10:09:06 pm #57 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:12:39 pm by Brer Hog
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on February 06, 2006, 08:59:30 pm
The Steelers overcame WORSE calls in the Indy game.  The Seahawks had their chance and Hasselback threw the ball to one of our defenders.  The Seahawks were out-coached(NO excuse for poor time management at the end of the half AND at the end of the game), out-hustled, and MOST importantly OUTSCORED. 

Some of the calls were bad in this Superbowl, but there are always missed calls.  To say it was the "worst officiated in history" is ridiculous.  There is no way any of you can go back in your memory and nitpick and dissect ALL of the calls in those other Superbowls the way you have this one, which happened yesterday.  We didn't even have the technology in many of those games that we have today.  They definitely were not as closely watched.  This argument has NO basis.

We've all played ball with guys that like to constantly gripe about umpires and refs and use them as an excuse.  Whine, whine, whine.  If it makes you feel better somehow, go ahead.

Shavin,  I apologize that my comments about the calls regarding the Super Bowl officiating upset you, but I have played and closely watched a lot of football in my life and I can't recall a single game where I felt the officials were so incompetent as yesterday.  The Steelers were victorious so they are Super Bowl Champions.  You can't take that away from them, nor would I want to.  I just wish the playing field had been more level.  In my opinion, the win would have meant more.   When I went back tonight and read through the Super Bowl threads, I realized the Steelers were your team.  I did not realize that yesterday, but my posts were not directed toward you until you started calling me names and attacking my character.  I was just stating my opinion based on total objectivity while watching the game.  I had no dog in the fight, I thought both teams deserved to be there, and I hoped the best team would win.   I understand the emotion.  My childhood team was the Chiefs, an AFC team. Fortunately, they won the Super Bowl when I was a kid.  The city that I live in now has an NFL team that did not make it to the playoffs, again an AFC team.  Like you say there is always next year, and I am happy for the Steelers, Bettis, and Cowher.  Also, contrary to what you suggested, I am not a hugger.  I don't think we need a million dollar a year band leader and I have seen enough of the Sputter Nutter offense for a life-time.  Rather, I am proud that Gus is now on-board, and I'm hopeful.   

Didn't mean to torque you on your special day, but didn't intend to get blasted for having a valid opinion, either.  Your right, the players must win in spite of the referees, just never would have dreamed that the biggest football game of the year would have been so poorly officiated.    Congrats to the Steelers. 

GHG