Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath off the hot seat

Started by cobbshogs, February 04, 2006, 04:15:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cobbshogs

Hogs4Ever

Win 20+ and go to the dance.  Then he's off the hot seat.

zortoes

IMO he MUST go to the dance to save his job this year.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: cobbshogs on February 04, 2006, 04:15:31 pm
i will sleep better :puke:

I don't think he was ever on the hot seat.  In any case, you sound disappointed that we won.  I hope I'm misunderstanding you.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

HawgLover08

All we did is beat South Carolina. They are no good.

pbjones81

I really doubt anyone outside of internet message boards would speculate that he's in any fear of losing his job.  More wins each year, thats what everyone else sees and until that plateaus, I dont think he's in trouble.

Flatfoot

Heath needs to go and go now. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

NATEHOGG216

No I don't think he is in trouble either.  Unfortunately for Hog fans JFB has lost his fire.  He will let Stan stay for a couple of more years.  Not b/c he deserves it but hell the ticket sales are going up, we MUST be winning.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: pbjones81 on February 04, 2006, 04:57:33 pm
I really doubt anyone outside of internet message boards would speculate that he's in any fear of losing his job.  More wins each year, thats what everyone else sees and until that plateaus, I dont think he's in trouble.

I have to agree.  The majority of message boarders thought Nutt was a sure goner, and we all saw what happened there.  I think Heath is safe unless we lose every game the rest of the season, and maybe even then.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

cobbshogs

we can win the games he should win....and thats it

12under

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on February 04, 2006, 05:01:09 pm
No I don't think he is in trouble either.  Unfortunately for Hog fans JFB has lost his fire.  He will let Stan stay for a couple of more years.  Not b/c he deserves it but hell the ticket sales are going up, we MUST be winning.
jfb has lost his fire?lol    say what you want to about him but as long as he is AD he will never lose his fire for arkansas athletics

brooks74

We won a game at home against a bottom feeder in the SEC by 15 or so, but it should have been much more.  I am very glad we won, but it should have been expected, not celebrated.  Heath isn't off the hot seat in my book until we beat a decent team on the road.

tulsahog36

So ark beat a sorry south carolina team, in bud walton, big flippin deal.   Win on the road.  Beat a good team at home.  Put together a 4 game conference winning streak.   Then we will talk about him being off the hot seat.   Until then the heat should just be turned up. 

hogman64

I like Stan Heath... I wish he would perform well enough to deserve keeping his job.. However, as of this season it is now my opinion he can not  be successful at this level....and I do hope I am wrong , but basically I  am out of hope for him..........It would be interesting for someone to list the # of games Stan has won in 3 +  years at Arkansas that we legitimatly were considered the underdogs....I am sure there are some, but the only games that i can remember winning are games that any top 55 to 60 program would have won 99% of the time....In other words games that he would be considered  a total loser for losing........I will  say Kansas , even tho at the time they were not highly regarded at all.. ............anyone know of any others during his time here????

hawkeyefan17

It was a home game against a South Carolina team that looks devoid of talent. The Hogs looked great today but to me...a good team should be expected to win  home games. Heath's job is safe, as frustrating as this team is at times, he is not in trouble.

I like Stan too. I hope he is at Arkansas for a long time because I think he can get this program to where it needs to be.

lunchbox72703

Quote from: hogman64 on February 04, 2006, 06:16:02 pm
I like Stan Heath... I wish he would perform well enough to deserve keeping his job.. However, as of this season it is now my opinion he can not  be successful at this level....and I do hope I am wrong , but basically I  am out of hope for him..........It would be interesting for someone to list the # of games Stan has won in 3 +  years at Arkansas that we legitimatly were considered the underdogs....I am sure there are some, but the only games that i can remember winning are games that any top 55 to 60 program would have won 99% of the time....In other words games that he would be considered  a total loser for losing........I will  say Kansas , even tho at the time they were not highly regarded at all.. ............anyone know of any others during his time here????

There is only one that I can think of.......Heath's first year here, when he surprised LSU at Bud Walton.  John Brady wouldn't even shake his hand, And Bo Mattingly and Brady exchanged words in the tunnel.  Thats all I can remember :)

Hogwild07

hell no he's not off the hot seat.  you guys are pathetic. One minute you want him fired and then after he beats someone as sorry as SC, you think he should stay.  Make up your mind.  He should not be off the hot seat unless he takes us to the NCAA tournament.

silvertip

Quote from: HawgLover08 on February 04, 2006, 04:47:28 pm
All we did is beat South Carolina. They are no good.

Yeah, they're no good. Beating Fla proves that.

silvertip

It would be interesting for someone to list the # of games Stan has won in 3 +  years at Arkansas that we legitimatly were considered the underdogs....I am sure there are some, but the only games that i can remember winning are games that any top 55 to 60 program would have won 99% of the time....In other words games that he would be considered  a total loser for losing.

Yeah, hogman64---wouldn't it be "intersesting" if "someone"
would "list the # of games..." blah blah blah blah to make your point for you. You remind me of the Nutt-huggers who are always making some ridiculous arguments, without facts, and asking "someone" to give them the facts. How about you do it yourself?  I'll wait here, but I won't hold my breath.

How about YOU, tell us how the Hawgs have done against the Top-50 & Top-100 teams this year? And then compare that to how the other SEC teams have done. I already know that. In fact, I've already posted it on this board. I'll bet $100 right now that you don't know. Educate yourself & MAYBE you'll whine less. Although I doubt it.

HawgWyld

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on February 04, 2006, 04:16:21 pm
Win 20+ and go to the dance.  Then he's off the hot seat.

As it's been said time and time again, Heath will stay for at least two reasons:

1. His record has improved every year. It doesn't matter one whit whether the improving record came at the expense of crappy teams or not. As we have learned from our experience with Nutt, the memory of people regarding strength of schedule lasts about 60 seconds.

2. Speaking of Nutt, he still has a job and his record has been in decline since his first season. Heath will have to do a lot more than underperform to get fired. Hell, he might get a contract extension and a raise if he manages manages to get through the first round of the SEC championship and/or nets an NIT bid (and, accepts it, of course). Otherwise, Nolan's allegations of inequality might appear to have some merit.

So, we're stuck with Heath. Everyone had better get used to it and learn to embrace the victories like the one the Hogs had today and hope for the best.

travelguy

So, we are stuck with darksiders.  Trying to get used to it.  Negativity kills me.  WE WON THE GAME!!! Get over it.  Most of you couldn't coach a pee wee league.

hogman64

Quote from: silvertip on February 04, 2006, 08:48:39 pm
It would be interesting for someone to list the # of games Stan has won in 3 +  years at Arkansas that we legitimatly were considered the underdogs....I am sure there are some, but the only games that i can remember winning are games that any top 55 to 60 program would have won 99% of the time....In other words games that he would be considered  a total loser for losing.

Yeah, hogman64---wouldn't it be "intersesting" if "someone"
would "list the # of games..." blah blah blah blah to make your point for you. You remind me of the Nutt-huggers who are always making some ridiculous arguments, without facts, and asking "someone" to give them the facts. How about you do it yourself?  I'll wait here, but I won't hold my breath.

How about YOU, tell us how the Hawgs have done against the Top-50 & Top-100 teams this year? And then compare that to how the other SEC teams have done. I already know that. In fact, I've already posted it on this board. I'll bet $100 right now that you don't know. Educate yourself & MAYBE you'll whine less. Although I doubt it.

No need to go psycho, Ted Bundy..........I wasnt whinning in my post...Simply stating I like Stan but he isnt getting the job done...If it makes you feel better to brag about doing  statistical research that any idiot could do , have at it.....I dont have to spend my time in that way to know Stan's results have been pretty horrible....I don't specifically remember any of your posts, but its no wonder you probably come close to leading the league in smites....Geeezzzz settle down...............

HawgWyld

Quote from: travelguy on February 04, 2006, 09:26:18 pm
So, we are stuck with darksiders.  Trying to get used to it.  Negativity kills me.  WE WON THE GAME!!! Get over it.  Most of you couldn't coach a pee wee league.

That argument again? Come on. Fans sure as hell have every right in the world to expect overpaid head coaches of major university teams to do their jobs. If not, coaches have absolutely no accountability. Public employees should always be accountable to the public.

Sonofahog

Heath isn't off the hot seat.  He is just able to raise up on one bun after this win.  Or maybe he is just needing to fart.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Deuce Pigelow

He IS NOT off of the hot seat. Win some road SEC games. I would just like to see him to get this team to actually finish off a team when we have a double digit lead on them, we almost lost our lead today. He doesn't deserve another year much less 2.

Calling All Hogs

Two simple questions. 1) Should we expect Arkansas to again raise to a level of being able to compete for a NC?
2) Does anyone see us ever winning a NC at Arkansas with Heath as the coach?

Deuce Pigelow

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard_white

NO!!!..why has are players developed in one game out of 21 games?..has ronnie decided to be the leader?..does townes have more than 2 offensive moves or does hill have any offensive moves yet?

WPS

Richard_white

Players development is Stan Heath's problem

WPS

WilsonHog

Until Stan Heath matches what Nolan Richardson did for most of his time at Arkansas, he will not meet my expectations. Call me when we go in to every season expecting to win 25+ games and have a #1, #2, or #3 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Until Heath does that, nothing he does will be good enough for me.

Geez, by most of the arguments on here the best thing Heath could have done in year one was go 0-16 in the SEC. Then he would have had eight years to go 8-8, assuming he improved one win per year. That's some real championship thinking there.   

hogman64

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 05, 2006, 09:09:42 am
Until Stan Heath matches what Nolan Richardson did for most of his time at Arkansas, he will not meet my expectations. Call me when we go in to every season expecting to win 25+ games and have a #1, #2, or #3 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Until Heath does that, nothing he does will be good enough for me.

Geez, by most of the arguments on here the best thing Heath could have done in year one was go 0-16 in the SEC. Then he would have had eight years to go 8-8, assuming he improved one win per year. That's some real championship thinking there.  

I agree with you WilsonHog...I get sick of this perspective of  win one game at home against a completly suck team and all of a sudden he is a real coach again...then after wednesday night comes and goes, everyone will want to fire him again, well at least until we play the next patsy at home... Wake me when a team he coaches really does something........hmmmm , like maybe wins a road game against a top 50 team.

silvertip

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 05, 2006, 09:09:42 am

Well, Nolan didn't meet your expectations either, for "most of his time at Arkansas."  "Expecting 25 wins each season. And a 1,2, or 3 seed in the NCAAT?" Didn't happen.

In Nolan's 17 seasons, he had 6 of 25 or more wins. Which means he had 11 seaons of less than 25 wins. And just a casual look at his record on arsonline.com indicates at least 10 yrs (probably more) without a 1, 2, or 3 seed in the NCAAT. I MIGHT be wrong on that, but I doubt it.

Nolan's longest streak of 25 win seasons stands at FOUR---from '89-'92. So, following your lofty expectations, you had more dissapointing seasons from Nolan than not.

Including his sorry first 3 years with ZERO NCAAT wins, and his last 6 years with a sorry 2-4 record in the NCAAT.
And of course, his truly poor SEC record of 51-45 in his last 6 years---including SEC seasons of 8-8, 7-9, and 6-10.

Nolan inherited a program that had been to the NCAAT 9 straight years, with never a losing conf record. It took him three years to get back to the NCAAT & four years to win an NCAAT game.

Maybe you were thinking about Eddie Sutton---who had a better winning % than Nolan---both conference & overall.
Of Nolan's 17 seasons, nine were mediocre, by your standards.

toshortrock

off the hot seat beating south carolina?please
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////