Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injury Update

Started by FBPLAYER65, August 10, 2007, 10:32:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FBPLAYER65

Monk's MRI is negative. Scope today to see if there is anything that was missed. He should be fine in no time. Cleveland's injury is not as bad as first thought. It is not a huge issue and he is not expected to miss serious time.

Rooka

Best News I have heard in a while.

PigWig

Wonderful news. Thank you very much!

Landonhog

Great news!  :razorback:

Beaverfever

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 10, 2007, 10:32:44 am
Monk's MRI is negative. Scope today to see if there is anything that was missed. He should be fine in no time. Cleveland's injury is not as bad as first thought. It is not a huge issue and he is not expected to miss serious time.
awesome man..thanks for the info..Does the mri being negative mean that there is not even torn cartilage which they were saying would probably be best case scenario?  Anyone know?

FBPLAYER65

There is likely torn cartilage but a negative MRI means there is a 99.99% chance he didn't tear his ACL or anything.

Beaverfever

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 10, 2007, 10:37:24 am
There is likely torn cartilage but a negative MRI means there is a 99.99% chance he didn't tear his ACL or anything.
Oh ok well that would be good enough.  Monk having to miss a couple weeks of practice might not be the worst thing for our other receivers. 

cmakrzrbak

Great news.  Thanks for the update.

"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

BartIV

So Chuck Barrett was right this morning.

HOGansHero

I am ecstatic! Wonderful news!

snoot hoggy hog

August 10, 2007, 10:43:17 am #10 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:03:18 pm by kgr
Quote from: abraHAM_lincoln on August 10, 2007, 10:38:39 am

I wonder if you felt this way when he got Dmac back for the USC game?????

hydrophonic

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 10, 2007, 10:39:19 amLet's see if you guys can wear out the Razorback icon in this post though. 

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

:-X
"The future sucks." "Change it."

justmaybe

"Almost" a silver lining in the deal....... Backup end gets more reps and Monk comes back in good shape. Likely he will be out 1 week for rehab and the next week with limited contact. Probably work like a bad ankle sprain. Since we know what he can do then he doesn't have to rush back in.

The comments about Weber are just unfounded.

Mr. Prozac

+ 1,000,000 to you sir, Oh Bearer of Good Tidings. Hope they're both full speed soon.

Silver Hog

Quote from: TheHogFan on August 10, 2007, 10:47:06 am
I bet swisshog is about to cry right now.

We know nutt lies and plays injured players.  I'm not surprised about this 'report'.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

PAHog

Fantastic!  Maybe we'll have a legitimate #2 by September.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Bomis Hawg

Great news.  Let's hope in 5 weeks he's no doubt 100%.   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

abraHAM_lincoln

August 10, 2007, 10:58:24 am #18 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:04:22 pm by kgr
Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on August 10, 2007, 10:43:17 am

Dmac's Injury happened in North Little Rock and it was them  who did the initial treatement & diagnosed the injury.  Webber has claimed injuries to be minor in the past, and only after the kid or his family takes him to another doctor, do they find the real problem and it being much more severe..

Winner

August 10, 2007, 10:59:02 am #19 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:05:14 pm by kgr

surely you're not seriously crediting Dean Weber (aka, the witchdoctor) with McFadden's recovery. 

jhogfan554

You made my day, heck my whole weekend now looks much brighter

Realist

August 10, 2007, 12:37:32 pm #21 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:04:44 pm by kgr
Quote from: Winner on August 10, 2007, 10:59:02 am

surely you're not seriously crediting Dean Weber (aka, the witchdoctor) with McFadden's recovery. 
Darren lived in that training room after the injury.  I don't think most people realize how amazing itw as he even played in the USC game

the notorious P.I.G.

Quote from: Beaverfever on August 10, 2007, 10:36:29 am
awesome man..thanks for the info..Does the mri being negative mean that there is not even torn cartilage which they were saying would probably be best case scenario?  Anyone know?

MRI is probably pointing out that there are no torn ligaments. THAT'S THE REALLY GOOD NEWS. I've had my knee scoped before to remove torn cartilage. 2-3 weeks to fully recover. He'll be fine.

the notorious P.I.G.

I missed the part about Ben. What happened?

jb11

the notorious P.I.G.

All of a sudden, i'm thinking green is an awesome color!  :)

Dirty

August 10, 2007, 12:56:48 pm #26 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:07:14 pm by hogfanwithms
Quote from: the notorious P.I.G. on August 10, 2007, 12:55:46 pm

Yes!  Everyday Saint Patricks Day.

the notorious P.I.G.

Quote from: hogfanwithms on August 10, 2007, 12:56:48 pm
Quote from: the notorious P.I.G. on August 10, 2007, 12:55:46 pm

Yes!  Everyday Staint Patricks Day.

Whip 'em out!!!!! I'm talkin about the jerseys folks!

Hogs4Ever

AWESOME!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Brand X Hog Fan

Whew!!

Get well guys!

:razorback:
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

kgr

Don't call anyone a drug pusher unless you have proof.  That is actionable.

demonHOG1013

August 10, 2007, 01:10:06 pm #31 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:11:48 pm by demonHOG1013

Not to be negative or anything but these are the same people that had Peyton Hillis out for a month with a thigh bruise, said Casey Dicks back was fine last spring and fall, told Colin Tucker he had GOUT, when a doctor confirmed via X-rays he had a broken foot, and said DW was fine to play against Florida. Oh and why did a doctor tell BC he needed to sit out a month if its not as bad as they thought?

demonHOG1013

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on August 10, 2007, 01:10:06 pm

Not to be negative or anything but these are the same people that had Peyton Hillis out for a month with a thigh bruise, said Casey Dicks back was fine last spring and fall, told Colin Tucker he had GOUT, when a doctor confirmed via X-rays he had a broken foot, and said DW was fine to play against Florida. Oh and why did a doctor tell BC he needed to sit out a month if its not as bad as they thought?

Forgive me if I am a little skeptical of what comes out of the BAC

rzrbckfan426

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on August 10, 2007, 01:10:06 pm

My thoughts exactly.  This is the same staff that said Damians shoulder was fine to play on and told peyton he would be ok with a broken back.  Let's see how the entire situation pans out and make sure they don't just pump these kids full of cortizone or something.

ksrazorback

Monk questionable for Arkansas' season opener with bone bruise

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2968923

:razorback: Stay Healthy Razorbacks   :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: kgr on August 10, 2007, 01:05:48 pm
Don't call anyone a drug pusher unless you have proof.  That is actionable.

I would say a Federal Conviction in regards to mis-management of prescribed and controlled medication without regard to Federal and State laws kinda makes that title pretty accurate!!

Boardon Hamsay

Here is what's reported on ESPN about Monk's injury....bone bruise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2968923
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Razorback Jedi

Bone bruises are painful. My guess is that he's not 100% for 4-6 weeks.

press ham

this news is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!

the notorious P.I.G.

if it's a bone bruise, wouldn't that be worse that hillis' deep thight bruse last year? Somebody explain. Is there a doctor in the house?

Boardon Hamsay

August 10, 2007, 03:43:04 pm #40 Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:45:53 pm by rlh06
It depends, some bone bruises can linger because they can create calcium deposits in the muscle tissue, which I believe was the case with Hillis last year.  Please correct me if wrong. 
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.