Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Pelphrey Show 3/1/09

Started by BadHog, March 01, 2009, 10:53:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHog

Just had Clint McDaniel, Lee Wilson, Dwight Stewart, etc on his show.  Pelphrey asked each one what was special about the 1994 champion team and they all had the same answer - TEAM CHEMISTRY - said they had it on and off the court - they were a band of brothers.

I think this goes without saying - you cannot win at the top level without chemistry.  How Pelphrey will get it in the future is the million $ question.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

UAalumUALRlaw

Quote from: BadHog on March 01, 2009, 10:53:43 pm
Just had Clint McDaniel, Lee Wilson, Dwight Stewart, etc on his show.  Pelphrey asked each one what was special about the 1994 champion team and they all had the same answer - TEAM CHEMISTRY - said they had it on and off the court - they were a band of brothers.

I think this goes without saying - you cannot win at the top level without chemistry.  How Pelphrey will get it in the future is the million $ question.

I missed it while I was driving back from the game. Do you know if it will be shown again tonight and if so, what time and channel?

TheArkansasTraveller

After watching Pel interview McDaniel, Wilson, Robinson, Stewart, and Crawford it's VERY obvious that he wants to be here and bleeds Cardinal Razorback Red! He and the Razorback legends had a lot of fun.  We are in good hands with Pelphrey!

Ironhawg

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on March 01, 2009, 11:17:08 pm
After watching Pel interview McDaniel, Wilson, Robinson, Stewart, and Crawford it's VERY obvious that he wants to be here and bleeds Cardinal Razorback Red! He and the Razorback legends had a lot of fun.  We are in good hands with Pelphrey!

I agree 100%.  I was watching an interview with him from before the game and everytime he talked about Arkansas he said "we".  He is one of us.

blunt_hawg

Quote from: BadHog on March 01, 2009, 10:53:43 pm

I'm hoping that the current team got a lot of being around the former players this weekend, and that kind of mindset will rub off on them.

I honestly think that this team, with a couple of more pieces added, individually could be as talented as that group (I say a couple of more pieces because we still need somebody who can carry the team the way Corliss did).  Problem is that they haven't learned to play together like that group did.  Hopefully they will....

Tick Hog

Quote from: blunt_hawg on March 02, 2009, 03:30:15 am
I'm hoping that the current team got a lot of being around the former players this weekend, and that kind of mindset will rub off on them.

I honestly think that this team, with a couple of more pieces added, individually could be as talented as that group (I say a couple of more pieces because we still need somebody who can carry the team the way Corliss did).  Problem is that they haven't learned to play together like that group did.  Hopefully they will....Not to be mean are anything but for this team to be as talented as that team they would need 5 new players

CallMeAl

I honestly think that this team, with a couple of more pieces added, individually could be as talented as that group (I say a couple of more pieces because we still need somebody who can carry the team the way Corliss did).  Problem is that they haven't learned to play together like that group did.  Hopefully they will....

The teams in the 90's did have five or six more players. They were so deep that sometimes Nolan had to put the starters back in at the end of a blow out game because the reserves were too tired to play. A team of Dillard, Rimac, Crawford, Wilson and Robinson would have been good enough to beat most SEC teams. They were not starters. Coach Pelphrey needs this kind of depth and it will come with more than one year recruiting his own players.
Hog since birth.

razorhead94

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on March 02, 2009, 08:45:43 am
The teams in the 90's did have five or six more players. They were so deep that sometimes Nolan had to put the starters back in at the end of a blow out game because the reserves were too tired to play. A team of Dillard, Rimac, Crawford, Wilson and Robinson would have been good enough to beat most SEC teams. They were not starters. Coach Pelphrey needs this kind of depth and it will come with more than one year recruiting his own players.

bingo...people have to realize this.  Even in his post game talk with the raycom crew he said we are a couple of players away from playing the way we want to play.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

PorkSoda

I hear M Powell could be a corliss type player.  Add him, Farmer, a true center, and a taller PG, and we could be pretty solid.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Speaking fo Corliss, did I hear right that he had been hired onto the staff??
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Ironhawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 02, 2009, 06:00:35 pm
Speaking fo Corliss, did I hear right that he had been hired onto the staff??

Please tell me you are not kidding!

3kgthog

I think that was just wishful thinking on the part of a handful of posters here, including myself. To be hired there would actually have to be a position open.