Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone know???

Started by Granny fan, March 01, 2009, 06:59:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Granny fan

Why Welsh didn't start today?

Wayne Watson

I think RAYCOM said there was a disagreement and Pel decided to not start him.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Mr Burns

I've though for a long time now our team would be better with Welsh coming off the bench. He's one of our 5 best players, but he's kind of a tweener. He can play the point, but not as well as Fortson, he can shoot but not as well as Clarke. I would start Fortson and Clarke, and then either go Britt or Henry depending on how much exterior size we need. Welsh would be my super-sub. He would sub for Fortson and Clarke and be the 2nd team point guard. He would also be my banzai crazy defender. I want him to bring crazy pressure and intensity off the bench and I wouldn't care too much if he took some of those ill advised 3's or bad drives to the hoop because there's not anyone else able to score the ball when the starters are resting. Of course it might dent his ego to do this, but I think it would make the team better.

I would also move Sanchez to 2nd string, and rotate Andre Clark, Brandon Moore and Henry at the 3 and 4. Surely between the 3 of them they could play 2 spots for a game with Sanchez giving some minutes here or there. With this lineup I would run, press, trap, etc. until they dropped, and then i'd bring in the golfer and that other kid that never gets off the bench and try to hold the 20 point lead with 5 minutes to play.