Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sean McCurdy Article

Started by Hoggy Bear, March 01, 2009, 08:23:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

blunt_hawg

The Miracle of St. Anthony is a great book.  I highly recommend it to anybody who enjoys a good sports book. 

It should've been obvious to anybody who read the book that Sean's ambition greatly outweighed his ability.  Doesn't surprise me that his college career took the path that it did...

Table Rocker

thanks for that. sean loved his time in fayetteville. loved the school, the fans, the town. he was just in over his head basketball wise. glad to see he found a better fit, he really is a good kid from a really good family. his dad actually helped hook me up with a job right out of college and when my wife and i were relocated to the NY area with no place to live, his mother opened her doors to us for many weeks. the mccurdy's are classy people and i'm very happy for sean.

rude1

Just seems like yesterday when the Heath supporters were saying, "Just wait till Heath's players like McCurdy get some experience and we will be back". Now we have another current group of young players who aren't that good, and many are back to saying the same things, only insert the name Pel in place of the name Heath.

Table Rocker

Quote from: rude1 on March 01, 2009, 10:56:46 am
Just seems like yesterday when the Heath supporters were saying, "Just wait till Heath's players like McCurdy get some experience and we will be back". Now we have another current group of young players who aren't that good, and many are back to saying the same things, only insert the name Pel in place of the name Heath.

forston > welsh
clarke > curdy
henry > mcgowan (though cyrus has improved greatly since adding weight and getting real coaching)

pel has gotten better players than heath.

Razorod

henry/mcgowan is not a good comparison. henry's a three who has to play the four. mcgowan is more of 4/5. henry should be compared with brewer/modica/famutimi.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Razorod on March 01, 2009, 12:34:02 pm
henry/mcgowan is not a good comparison. henry's a three who has to play the four. mcgowan is more of 4/5. henry should be compared with brewer/modica/famutimi.

i didn't want to include brewer, he was a local kid and ours to lose.

if you want to compare henry to famutimi then i still give henry the edge.

didn't nolan recruit modica?

Razorbadarse

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 01, 2009, 12:55:59 pm

didn't nolan recruit modica?

Pookie had been recruited by Nolan pretty early when he was at Smackover. Just like Brewer, he was basically ours to lose as well.

Razorod

brewer was not ours to lose. if nolan had stayed, we probably woudn't have gotten brewer.

i'd compare mcgowan with clark/moore
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

arktraveler

It's a tragic story, in many ways. He had everything plotted out in his life and it blew up in his face.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Razorod on March 01, 2009, 01:47:43 pm
brewer was not ours to lose. if nolan had stayed, we probably woudn't have gotten brewer.

If Nolan had stayed Brewer would have been a Sooner probably or a Jayhawk possibly.  He would not have been a Hog.  Nolan never even went to see Brewer play.

TennesseeRaz

+1 for the update.  McCurdy was total class when my boys went to UA hoops camp one summer.  I wish him well.