Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brewer hits a new career high.

Started by 1highhog, March 01, 2009, 05:40:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Ronnie scored 26 points last night while playing Sacramento.   He was 10-18 and had 4 steals, 2 assist, 2 turnovers, and 7 rebounds.  He has really surprised alot of naysayers who thought he would'nt make it in the NBA.  Betwen him and Joe Johnson, they are making this ole Arkansas boy proud.

booogaga

good job for ronnie. i am happy for him.
GO HOGS!

fineswine

Agreed.  There were several people here who felt that J.J. Reddick was a much better prospect than Brewer.  I argued until I was sick of it.  Those people need to learn a little more about basketball.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: fineswine on March 01, 2009, 08:21:44 am
Agreed.  There were several people here who felt that J.J. Reddick was a much better prospect than Brewer.  I argued until I was sick of it.  Those people need to learn a little more about basketball.

as a rule if thumb a Duke player doesn't make a good pro.

Brewer is was always fun to watch

touchdownark

26 is not his high because he scored 28 earlier against memphis

Whiskey River

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on March 01, 2009, 09:37:00 am
as a rule if thumb a Duke player doesn't make a good pro.

Brewer is was always fun to watch

I was just thinking the same thing last week. Most of Duke's good players are never heard from after their senior year. There are a few exceptions, but most don't make it in the pros.
This species has amused itself to death...

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: 1highhog on March 01, 2009, 05:40:39 am
Ronnie scored 26 points last night while playing Sacramento.   He was 10-18 and had 4 steals, 2 assist, 2 turnovers, and 7 rebounds.  He has really surprised alot of naysayers who thought he would'nt make it in the NBA.  Betwen him and Joe Johnson, they are making this ole Arkansas boy proud.
Brewer had about that many the night they played here a month or so ago. I sat courtside at one end that game and got to see him closeup. He's really playing well, to state the obvious. Wish he was a Grizzly.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogbody

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 01, 2009, 11:58:16 am
Brewer had about that many the night they played here a month or so ago. I sat courtside at one end that game and got to see him closeup. He's really playing well, to state the obvious. Wish he was a Grizzly.

i bet he doesnt wish that.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Whiskey River on March 01, 2009, 11:32:09 am
I was just thinking the same thing last week. Most of Duke's good players are never heard from after their senior year. There are a few exceptions, but most don't make it in the pros.

yeah its pretty odd.   JJ Redick had bust written all over him.  but guys like Grant Hill and Elton Brand are about the only ones who have been successful.    and yes I know Shane Battier plays alot but he is mainly a defensive stopper who hits the occasional 3

olivebranchhog

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on March 01, 2009, 12:16:14 pm
yeah its pretty odd.   JJ Redick had bust written all over him.  but guys like Grant Hill and Elton Brand are about the only ones who have been successful.    and yes I know Shane Battier plays alot but he is mainly a defensive stopper who hits the occasional 3

In memphis he hit almost every 3. He is just as gifted on the offensive side of the ball as he is defensively. He just has Ron Artest, T-mac, Yao, etc. taking his shots in Houston. If shane played in Memphis still, he would be the all-star on the team. To this day people still call him the Mayor of Memphis.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

Hoggy1

Ronnie really has blossomed under Jerry Sloan, look for him to continue to improve greatly.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

hei5manhog

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on March 01, 2009, 12:16:14 pm
yeah its pretty odd.   JJ Redick had bust written all over him.  but guys like Grant Hill and Elton Brand are about the only ones who have been successful.    and yes I know Shane Battier plays alot but he is mainly a defensive stopper who hits the occasional 3

Boozer and Luol Deng are doing pretty well. Josh McRoberts, not so much
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

1highhog

26 points is listed as his career high, according to the article on yahoo sports, I'm no saying your wrong, but they have it listed as 26 last night being his career high.