Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sounds like things are going to get better now

Started by thelou, February 28, 2009, 09:10:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackrob

Quote from: thelou on February 28, 2009, 09:10:45 pm
http://www.kfsm.com/sports/razorbacks/kfsm-sports-celebration-of-a-championship-1,0,1212201.story

Man I love that last quote from thurman

Thanks for sharing the article.

As someone else mentioned a while back on another thread, Corliss would be a nice addition to this coaching staff, even if he was the strength coach.
Good is the enemy of great

3kgthog

I'd love to see Corliss coaching our big men or doing something with the Razorbacks instead of being an assistant where he is now. You can't put a value on his experiences both on and off the court. No one can know if he'd be a great coach or not, but there's no doubt he would bring a presence and history that our players would listen to.

I think it's sad that those guys (or really any former Hogs) haven't been around the program much. Scotty Thurman said as much at least a year ago and he reiterated it in that article. This program needs its former players around it in some fashion. We don't see any of the championship guys around. Only now has Nolan been welcomed back. So much knowledge has been wasted by the UA not having those guys back sooner. They all have something beneficial they could give this program. Heck, who knows, if Corey Beck had been involved with the program somehow maybe he would've stayed out of some of the trouble he got into. Win or lose tomorrow, I really feel that we will gain a lot from this weekend.

HamminItUp

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 28, 2009, 11:11:13 pm
I'd love to see Corliss coaching our big men or doing something with the Razorbacks instead of being an assistant where he is now. You can't put a value on his experiences both on and off the court. No one can know if he'd be a great coach or not, but there's no doubt he would bring a presence and history that our players would listen to.

I think it's sad that those guys (or really any former Hogs) haven't been around the program much. Scotty Thurman said as much at least a year ago and he reiterated it in that article. This program needs its former players around it in some fashion. We don't see any of the championship guys around. Only now has Nolan been welcomed back. So much knowledge has been wasted by the UA not having those guys back sooner. They all have something beneficial they could give this program. Heck, who knows, if Corey Beck had been involved with the program somehow maybe he would've stayed out of some of the trouble he got into. Win or lose tomorrow, I really feel that we will gain a lot from this weekend.

I too would love to see Corliss in some capacity.

Not in regards to the players, but, I really want to believe Nolan cursed our program and the curse will finally be lifted after this game. Don't ruin my dream.

Jeffcphog

I watched the DVD of the Arizona game and the Championship game tonight.  It was some of the best basketball I have seen all year.  I had actually forgot what kind of ballers those players were.  Also noticed how much hair Mike Anderson had then.

Hoggy1

I say Corliss needs to be a part of this program.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

SLC

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 28, 2009, 11:11:13 pm

One thing that Todd Graham does at Tulsa is includes past players in their program. 

He invites the past players to the games, they get to attend practices, be in the lockerroom at halftime, invites them to team activities, etc..

We could certainly do something like that at AR.  I think this would have a ton of upside, provided the former players do not interfere with the coaching staff (which I doubt anyone would do). 

Involve the players of past AR teams to interact with today's players.  Just think of the things our players could learn in that kind of environment.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

want2be

I think Corliss would be a HUGE asset to this staff in coaching the bigs, recruiting, mentoring, and credibiltiy as a pro........This needs to happen soon.

HawgAdvocate

When discussing this, you have to raise the question whether Corliss would want to uproot his family and move back to Fayetteville.

It's not a huge distance from where he is now, but it's not as if he's been campaigning for a job up here either.

Would he even want to work for Pel? Timing is always key.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Razorod

is corliss regarded as a good, young coach, or are we merely wanting a former hog to be on staff? i'm asking a question--i have no idea.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Table Rocker

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 01, 2009, 03:20:44 pm
Where does corliss live?

I'd have to think in or near Little Rock if he's coaching at Arkansas Baptist (in downtown LR).
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12