Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After Nutt, our tolerance for coaching drama is diminished

Started by JIHawg, February 26, 2009, 11:44:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Pel won't find a lot of patience among some Hog fans.  We went through several years with Nutt Drama and I at least am quite tired of a program in turmoil.  Enough already.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: JIHawg on February 26, 2009, 11:44:05 pm
Pel won't find a lot of patience among some Hog fans.  We went through several years with Nutt Drama and I at least am quite tired of a program in turmoil.  Enough already.

Amen.

old hog

Chill out PennaHog, no one comparing Nuttless and Pelphrey. No one can compare to that "used car salesman", thank God.
  But hogfans have zero tolerance to ANY drama, whether it be the Monk mess or the rapid decline of good play from the "team". They have given up and that is the Head coaches fault. If something is going on behind the scenes on the team, we the fans will have none of it.
  On a positive note things are bound to get better {ck out new FB coach), so might be a good time
to buy season tickets. Oh yea, I gave you a +1 just for the hell of it.

moellerboi

No matter how you cut it, we have a handful of basketball players that do whatever they please.  And after multiple attempts to discipline them "in house" they still don't seem to be getting the message.  That was a very common theme under Nutt.  So the comparison, at least in that regard, isn't that much of a stretch. 

I knew this whole mess was Nutt's fualt, I just could not figure out why.  Thanks.

HogBreath

Quote from: moellerboi on February 27, 2009, 06:51:41 am
No matter how you cut it, we have a handful of basketball players that do whatever they please.  And after multiple attempts to discipline them "in house" they still don't seem to be getting the message.  That was a very common theme under Nutt.  So the comparison, at least in that regard, isn't that much of a stretch. 
It also seems safe to say that Pelphrey, like Nutty, does much better with other's recruits than they do their own.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

WhenPigsFly

I think we as fans are reasonably patient, IF we see the program heading in the right direction, evidence of good coaching (such as improvement as the season progresses), good recruiting progress, etc.

Trouble is, these things seem to be lacking under Pelphrey.  I honestly don't think the Nutt fiasco is affecting the fans' perception of the basketball program.  We just aren't seeing the things we need to see to be supportive.

Hoggy1

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on February 27, 2009, 01:45:10 am
Enough Already...Exactly what I was thinking, enough with the Nutt comparisons...They are RIDICULOUS!!!

As are the coach K and Nolan comparisons.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: moellerboi on February 27, 2009, 06:51:41 am

I started the comparisons when I heard his spiel about "leading 4 out of our last 5 games" I was taken back to the 2005 football season all of the sudden.

"Brutha let me tell ya, we may not have won a conference game yet, but we led that Auburn game at halftime!".

The Boar War

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on February 27, 2009, 01:45:10 am
Enough Already...Exactly what I was thinking, enough with the Nutt comparisons...They are RIDICULOUS!!!

Comparing Nutt and Pelphrey is not a good comparison.  However I think after hog fans have dealt with a long decade of mediocrity in it's two money making sports we are becoming impatient to stupid mistakes and off the field/court problems.

PennaHog

Quote from: old hog on February 27, 2009, 06:30:14 am
Chill out PennaHog, no one comparing Nuttless and Pelphrey. No one can compare to that "used car salesman", thank God.
  But hogfans have zero tolerance to ANY drama, whether it be the Monk mess or the rapid decline of good play from the "team". They have given up and that is the Head coaches fault. If something is going on behind the scenes on the team, we the fans will have none of it.
  On a positive note things are bound to get better {ck out new FB coach), so might be a good time
to buy season tickets. Oh yea, I gave you a +1 just for the hell of it.

Can't buy season tickets this year....something about a military commitment here in Afghanistan....but next year..........hmmmmm....I'll be retired.......  :)  Speaking of which....Anybody out there looking for a retired Army SFC and former Drill Instructor that specializes in Chemical and Nuclear weapons (and materials) and is HazMat qualified??  :)

WPS GHG
:razorback:
This comment is the absolute dumbest thing ever said on this board:

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 05, 2010, 01:03:52 am
I thought you were a military man? 
You would think, serving our great country, would have taught you some respect for authority.
Lando is a moderator.  Respect his authority.

I keep hearing on the board about the huge turmoil in the BB ranks but I don't hear about it anywhere else.  Somebody please show some proof.  At best I see a BB coach who expects discipline, effort and sweaty unis after a game.  I see this and hear how loose he is with these problem kids.  Lets review.  Beverly, not his recruit, cheated on classes and was removed from the team.  Monk took a loan that I truly believe didn't break any rules unless I have been misled.  When you borrow money from an old friend with intent to pay it back and you aren't good enough in the sport you are playing to earn a paycheck from it, I still don't see the harm or how he cheated.  There are many kids that receive loans from friends and pay the money back over time without interest to go to school and buy cars.  McDonald, Pel made a mistake he shouldn't have made.  The few day suspenisions for several others is likely more than usual discipline, not less.  Speaking of Nutt, I'd rather have Pel as HC in football than Nutt.

PennaHog

Quote from: 12247 on March 01, 2009, 01:09:32 pm
I keep hearing on the board about the huge turmoil in the BB ranks but I don't hear about it anywhere else.  Somebody please show some proof.  At best I see a BB coach who expects discipline, effort and sweaty unis after a game.  I see this and hear how loose he is with these problem kids.  Lets review.  Beverly, not his recruit, cheated on classes and was removed from the team.  Monk took a loan that I truly believe didn't break any rules unless I have been misled.  When you borrow money from an old friend with intent to pay it back and you aren't good enough in the sport you are playing to earn a paycheck from it, I still don't see the harm or how he cheated.  There are many kids that receive loans from friends and pay the money back over time without interest to go to school and buy cars.  McDonald, Pel made a mistake he shouldn't have made.  The few day sus****ions for several others is likely more than usual discipline, not less.  Speaking of Nutt, I'd rather have Pel as HC in football than Nutt.

Sir,

All you are hearing are the 1% (very loud 1%) of the fan base that isn't happy with anything at all.  Their marriages suck, they have too many kids and they have been laid off too many times.  Now its all Pel's fault so they dig...and dig some more.  Its actually embarrassing that a 1st year coach (yes I said 1st Year since last year was all SH's seniors) doesn't get the opportunity from this 1% to do the things he needs to do to get this program turned around without their incessant bitching and whining.  Even Nolan calls this 1% the "monster" and talks about having to feed it.

Next year's team will be much better than this year's....

Year after next....who knows...maybe a disciplined, deep run into the tourney.   If he even gets the chance.

WPS GHG
:razorback:
This comment is the absolute dumbest thing ever said on this board:

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 05, 2010, 01:03:52 am
I thought you were a military man? 
You would think, serving our great country, would have taught you some respect for authority.
Lando is a moderator.  Respect his authority.