Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fortson has 15 assists...

Started by hogtheball, February 25, 2009, 09:22:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogtheball

and 24 turnovers in the last 4 games!   What is the UofA turnover record for a season?
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

dougieritch

Quote from: hogtheball on February 25, 2009, 09:22:34 pm
and 24 turnovers in the last 4 games!   What is the UofA turnover record for a season?

I would love to see what you could do.

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

TDHog

Quote from: dougieritch on February 25, 2009, 10:23:34 pm
I would love to see what you could do.

He's not on scholarship, he's not the PG of the Razorbacks.  Those numbers are simply not acceptable at any level.

CaseyVick

Quote from: hogtheball on February 25, 2009, 09:22:34 pm
and 24 turnovers in the last 4 games!   What is the UofA turnover record for a season?

I'm not sure, but I am sure if you let Stephan Welsh play point he could top those stats.

UltimateHog

Quote from: CaseyVick on February 25, 2009, 11:00:11 pm
I'm not sure, but I am sure if you let Stephan Welsh play point he could top those stats.

He sure as hell couldn't manage any type of game, or score 21 points.

I mean really?

Have we stooped so low that we are now bashing one of the best young PG's in the game? 16ppg 7apg as a true frosh and you ignorant fricks trash him?

Jesus.

How about you stick to what you need to...

Welsh sucks, Washington doesn't and hasen't cared for awhile as he for whatever reason is going pro, Sanchez sucks, Moore is a DUI waiting to happen and is very raw, Clark is very raw, we have 8 scholarship players, 4 of which do not contribute jack frickin crap.

And you wanna pick on FORTSON of all guys? Really?

Pathetic.

Oh yeah sure he turns the ball over alot, YA KNOW WHY?! Because our offense is so frickin horrible and pathetic that he has no choice. We have no one else. What do you want to do? Kick it out to lights out Welsh so he can make 1 outta every 10 3's? How about go down low to Sanchez so he can turn it over or look like a goon, hey he might score his SEC average of 4.

I mean WTH do you want him to do? Go in the lane, kick it back out, repeat? Go down low, turn it over/not score?

Man some peoples nerves.

Tired of it. Trash Sanchez/Welsh/Washington/Clark/Moore/Britt/Pel before you take a shot at our best player, because of those guys, none of them have done SHYT for our team, except Washington who until a few games ago when he quit trying and decided for the NBA.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: TDHog on February 25, 2009, 10:47:47 pm
He's not on scholarship, he's not the PG of the Razorbacks.  Those numbers are simply not acceptable at any level.

Why don't you look at his stats for the entire season.  Not just 4 games.

VenturaHog

Good rant ultimate, I'm with you. Fortson is not the problem.

3kgthog

I would bet about 6-7 of those turnovers were passes that Michael Sanchez let fly right off his face or hands.

You really shouldn't expect much out of a freshman PG that at times is the only guy on the court that can score.

old hog

Good one Ultimate. +1
Fortson is NOT the problem.

Hoggy1

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 26, 2009, 05:30:46 am
I would bet about 6-7 of those turnovers were passes that Michael Sanchez let fly right off his face or hands.

You really shouldn't expect much out of a freshman PG that at times is the only guy on the court that can score.

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

coachd

I'm not going to say much about Fortson, but I will say this, Clarke scores 14 points in the first half of the LSU game. Then he touches the ball i believe maybe 4 times in the second half. Could it be the offense or that he wants the be the big scorer. I don't know be he is the point guard and he needs to go to who is hot, not his friends not himself, but to who ever is hot.  Does anybody watch the really good teams, hell the whole team touches the ball on a fastbreak or in the offense.  We have a 5'10" point guard driving the lane 70% of the time.  Its the coaches job to fix the problem, Pel needs to step up and stop the selfish play!  It pisses me off when players are selfish for whatever reason.  Pel may have a plan, knows what he's doing is building on next year, or its the team doesn't really like each other! YOU CAN NOT WIN WITHOUT TEAM UNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

alohawg

February 26, 2009, 12:30:47 pm #12 Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:35:17 pm by alohawg
Is this kid closely related to our new messiah/president Obomba? Why is it sacrilege to criticize him? Why not point out his 15 assist to 24 t/o ratio in a 4 game stretch and that he forces his way into the lanes or traps about 75% of the time he touches the ball? Honestly he's the amoung the worst pg's I've ever seen play in a hog uniform....I just don't get it I guess.  ::)
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Swine & Cheese Club

Heaven forbid Fortson or anybody pass it to the "black hole" Stefan Welsh, because you ain't getting it back.

I listened to the game and kept track of how many people TOUCH the ball every possession (not fast breaks) for the hogs.  We averaged around TWO touches per possession the whole game.  Majority of times it didn't even make it to Rotnei's side of the court.  That factor alone tells you that we are shooting early (bad) shots, playing selfish ball and not making the defense work hard enough.  Ideally, 4 to 6 people should touch the ball every possession in a set offense and we are nowhere near that number.

Fortson is an exceptional player and I see him bringing down his turnover numbers considerably his sophomore year.  Pel will have a full year of game tapes to study with Courtney and fix some of the things he does that causes him to turn the ball over so much.

UltimateHog

Quote from: alohawg on February 26, 2009, 12:30:47 pm
Is this kid closely related to our new messiah/president Obomba? Why is it sacrilege to criticize him? Why not point out his 15 assist to 24 t/o ratio in a 4 game stretch and that he forces his way into the lanes or traps about 75% of the time he touches the ball? Honestly he's the amoung the worst pg's I've ever seen play in a hog uniform....I just don't get it I guess.  ::)

Yes, 15ppg 6apg 5rpg as a true frosh on a 1-12 SEC team with 8 scholarship players. Yep, terrible player.

We should get rid of him now, it's obvious he isn't good. ??? ::)

Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: alohawg on February 26, 2009, 12:30:47 pm

You my friend haven't seen alot have ya? 14.6 ppg/6.5 apg/5.5 rpg Those are DAM good #'s for a Frosh PG on any team.  Once these other guys catch up to him the TO's will not happen as often. That & Sanchez learning how to catch a pass.

TDHog

February 27, 2009, 04:57:54 pm #16 Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:23:29 am by TDHog
Quote from: ljean on February 25, 2009, 11:29:43 pm
Why don't you look at his stats for the entire season.  Not just 4 games.
NAME GM                 MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS

Courtney Fortson 25 32.5 14.8 5.4 6.1 4.6 1.3/1 1.2 0.1 2.6 .443 .584 .305 1.24

OK the thread was about the last 4 games, and I stand by my statement.  Over the season a 1.3 assist to turnover ratio is NOT GOOD.  And you're kidding yourself if you want to blame Sanchez for this.  This stats also do not show how many possesions are lost due to blocks or times he gets knocked down (no foul called) or how many free throws he misses. 

With that said, I like CF, he has to improve as a Point Guard this is not streetball, it is his responsibility to get his team involved and that is where he has suffered the most as of late.  Yes he makes some amazing circus shots but I would trade every one of them for him to remain in control and run an inside out offense utilizing Washington, Clarke, Welsh (at times), Henry, etc.

alohawg

Dittos TDHog. I would go so far as to say he has actually gotten worse during the season. Give me Kareem Reid over what I've seen so far any day.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogtheball

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on February 27, 2009, 01:32:52 am
You my friend haven't seen alot have ya? 14.6 ppg/6.5 apg/5.5 rpg Those are DAM good #'s for a Frosh PG on any team.  Once these other guys catch up to him the TO's will not happen as often. That & Sanchez learning how to catch a pass.

When Sanchez drops a pass - Sanchez is credited with the TO, not Fortson.  that being said, they both played better last night.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.