Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The CURSE OF NOLAN has been lifted: watch us win out and win the SEC Tournament!

Started by mathhog, February 25, 2009, 08:42:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

I'm telling you guys, it's the CURSE of NOLAN. we are destined to lose until the georgia game, when, after halftime, we clobber the dogs, then beat ole miss & vandy, and run through the sectournament as victors!!!

what else could it be?

6 out of the 8 years since nolan's firing BELOW .500 in the sec. 
5 of those years with 6 of fewer sec wins
3 of those years with 4 or fewer sec wins

crazy last second losses...
horribly inexplicable blown leads over many years and coaches....
constant underachieving...
ncaa tournament woes...

The CURSE of NOLAN is about to be LIFTED on Sunday.... and Razorback basketball can come back! :)  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

TushCrush

I'm down with this ... double voodoo hoodoo to the rescue.
I'll be there to watch it unfold.

moses_007

Quote from: mathhog on February 25, 2009, 08:42:44 pm
georgia game, when, after halftime, we clobber the dogs, then beat ole miss & vandy, and run through the sectournament as victors!!!

what else could it be?

ncaa tournament woes...

The CURSE of NOLAN is about to be LIFTED on Sunday.... and Razorback basketball can come back! :)  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

That's crazy.  No way this team will win even one game in the SEC tournament.  They WILL LOSE OUT........

Hawgrox

Quote from: IZAHOG on February 25, 2009, 09:14:43 pm
This post has some merit.

This post is right on! I am bringing my Mojo to the game Sunday to make sure that the curse is completely removed...

Hawgrox

Quote from: moses_007 on February 25, 2009, 09:19:14 pm
That's crazy.  No way this team will win even one game in the SEC tournament.  They WILL LOSE OUT........

Now Moses...you of all people should know about curses and plagues and such. You better come to the game Sunday and bring some screaming locusts or some crap like that.

vandybuff

Quote from: Hawgrox on February 25, 2009, 09:21:19 pm
Now Moses...you of all people should know about curses and plagues and such. You better come to the game Sunday and bring some screaming locusts or some crap like that.
From what I have heard about AD Long, it is fine to bring the screaming locusts, but each must buy a ticket!
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

WxHog

Wasn't it shortly after that the reunion was announced we beat OU and TX in the same week?  ???

I'm not saying....but I'm just saying.  ;D

sirhog

I don't think we will win the SEC tournament but I do think we are about to right a wrong. Broyles kept nutter when he didn't win anything, had 2 losing seasons in a row, run off a great coach and QB, etc but yet he fired Nolan after a losing season. I know we had slipped but if he was going to fire Nolan, then he should have fired nuttjob after 0 for October or the 4-7 season.

And I do think this has been hanging over our program for a long time. The older I get, the more I realize that Nolan was right.

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

vandybuff

Quote from: DahawgsN07 on February 25, 2009, 09:36:56 pm
Is it time for the "Bring back Nolan" thread yet?
Rumor is that Arkansas State once fired a coach (or distributed a press release that he was fired) during half-time of a home game.  Nolan may walk to the center circle, take a bow, and then go right to the bench!

Coondog Hog

Quote from: vandybuff on February 25, 2009, 09:42:21 pm
Rumor is that Arkansas State once fired a coach (or distributed a press release that he was fired) during half-time of a home game.  Nolan may walk to the center circle, take a bow, and then go right to the bench!

I would give up Hogville for that.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

vandybuff

My last post tonight (yeah, I can hear the cheering - hehe)  I wish you well on the big day and I hope you have a great halftime lead and win by a large margin.

WilsonHog

Quote from: vandybuff on February 25, 2009, 09:42:21 pm

That ain't a rumor.

And on Thanksgiving, nonetheless.

Hoggy1

Quote from: moses_007 on February 25, 2009, 09:19:14 pm

If that happens, I look for Pel to be gone
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Oliver

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on February 25, 2009, 11:30:20 pm

I think us losing out is likely to happen, but I just can't see Pelphrey getting the boot this year.

Hoggy1

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 25, 2009, 11:31:33 pm
I think us losing out is likely to happen, but I just can't see Pelphrey getting the boot this year.

I'll say this, If UGA comes in and wins by 10+....something will explode.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 25, 2009, 11:31:33 pm

I still think we can win two of our last three and finish the year 15-15....but I wouldn't be suprised if we finish 13-17.

WilsonHog

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on February 25, 2009, 11:34:12 pm
I'll say this, If UGA comes in and wins by 10+....something will explode.

I got tickets to that game as a Christmas present. At the time I was thinking, "Cool, I'll get to watch us beat Georgia soundly and also be there to celebrate the '94 team."

Now I'm thinking I may use my two Sunday tickets to the Western Illinois baseball game.

Oliver

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 25, 2009, 11:34:26 pm
I still think we can win two of our last three and finish the year 15-15....but I wouldn't be suprised if we finish 13-17.

Yeah, I've been saying that I think we'll still win one more conference game for about 2 weeks now.  But we keep losing them.  If we really lose to Georgia in Bud Walton on Sunday, I think at that point we really aren't winning another game this year.  With the 1994 team there that night, that's about as close as waving the white flag as we can get.

Hoggy1

For anyone doubting just how bad it is, think.

1-12

We are 1 and freaking 12 in the SEC....does anything else need to be said?

Hog Pharm

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on February 25, 2009, 11:41:02 pm

1-12

No, but it continues to be rehashed over and over anyway.

Oliver

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on February 25, 2009, 11:41:02 pm

1-12

And our lone win is against the 3rd worst team in the SEC who had fired their coach days before their game against us...and who promptly took us to the woodshed tonight in return.  By the way, I haven't checked the RPI rankings since tonight's game, but going into tonight Alabama had the worst RPI in the SEC and we were 2nd worse...BOTH TEAMS SIGNIFICANTLY BEHIND UALR.

Hoggy1

Quote from: Oliver Miller on February 25, 2009, 11:43:14 pm
And our lone win is against the 3rd worst team in the SEC who had fired their coach days before their game against us...and who promptly took us to the woodshed tonight in return.  By the way, I haven't checked the RPI rankings since tonight's game, but going into tonight Alabama had the worst RPI in the SEC and we were 2nd worse...BOTH TEAMS SIGNIFICANTLY BEHIND UALR.

yea, and If not for RC having his breakout game, we probably would have lost to Bama at BWA.

TheArkansasTraveller

georgia game, when, after halftime, we clobber the dogs, then beat ole miss & vandy, and run through the sectournament as victors!!!

what else could it be?

ncaa tournament woes...

Karma is a bitch...

hoggeek

This is the only thing I've seen in weeks that has a prayer of fixing this problem in one swoop. I'm in.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Pork Twain

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on February 25, 2009, 11:30:20 pm
You do realize we will be playing the best team our first game out don't you.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HamIAm

Quote from: BeoPig™ on March 01, 2009, 03:57:08 pm
You do realize we will be playing the best team our first game out don't you.
If you are talking about the SEC tournament, the first and second place team in each division get first round byes, so we start with the 3rd place team in the East.   

Win that and we get the second place team in the West.

Win that and we get the East 1st place team vs West 4 - East 5 winner. 

Win that and we are in the finals.

I thought we would beat Geo. and we did.  I think we will likely win another or 2 and not likely win in the tourney.  Conference tournies depend on depth and fatigue.  We have no depth and therefore much fatigue.  We aren't going far when fresh legs are very important.  And yeah, I know, its all Pels fault.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HamIAm on March 01, 2009, 05:23:15 pm
If you are talking about the SEC tournament, the first and second place team in each division get first round byes, so we start with the 3rd place team in the East.  

Win that and we get the second place team in the West.

Win that and we get the East 1st place team vs West 4 - East 5 winner. 

Win that and we are in the finals.
My bad on the exact format but my point was that we will not be playing any bottom feeders in this tourny.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HognotinMemphis

I'm telling you guys, it's the CURSE of NOLAN. we are destined to lose until the georgia game, when, after halftime, we clobber the dogs, then beat ole miss & vandy, and run through the sectournament as victors!!!

what else could it be?

ncaa tournament woes...

Stick to math, buddy.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.