Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

myron mckinney

Started by cadensdad, November 22, 2005, 12:04:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cadensdad

says ok state and ark are tied for his services per rivals.  go to sec blitz section very bottom of article. :puke:

cadensdad

oh yeah forgot one thing.
FIRE HDN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leavenworth1

Yep, I've been saying this for a while, I don't think we'll get him.  I think beating LSU on National Tv will help big time, but I think we are the underdogs for Myron now. 

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: leavenworth1 on November 22, 2005, 09:56:46 am
Yep, I've been saying this for a while, I don't think we'll get him. I think beating LSU on National Tv will help big time, but I think we are the underdogs for Myron now.

OK, so what's the backup plan for when we get killed by LSU on national TV?
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

leavenworth

We settle for average o-lineman.  Thats all that will be interested in us. 

Boared

I can understand looking elsewhere. All he's seen this year when he's been at the games were losses.

Jim Harris

Quote from: cadensdad on November 22, 2005, 12:04:58 am
says ok state and ark are tied for his services per rivals. go to sec blitz section very bottom of article. :puke:

who the Frank cares? Call me on signing day with the news of who we got. I'm out.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jhog

The primary reason Myron is reconsidering is that he does not own a vehicle nor does his family.  He is worried about being away from his mother, hence the reconsideration.  His mother wants him close to home and Myron has plenty of friends attending OK. St. to catch a ride with.
Believe what you want, but there it is. 

Jim Harris

Quote from: jhog on November 22, 2005, 03:05:36 pm
The primary reason Myron is reconsidering is that he does not own a vehicle nor does his family. He is worried about being away from his mother, hence the reconsideration. His mother wants him close to home and Myron has plenty of friends attending OK. St. to catch a ride with.

I guess we need to recruit some guys who already have cars, since unlike OU or OSU we don't give any out.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jhog

Quote from: drakehog on November 22, 2005, 03:09:25 pm
Quote from: jhog on November 22, 2005, 03:05:36 pm
The primary reason Myron is reconsidering is that he does not own a vehicle nor does his family. He is worried about being away from his mother, hence the reconsideration. His mother wants him close to home and Myron has plenty of friends attending OK. St. to catch a ride with.

I guess we need to recruit some guys who already have cars, since unlike OU or OSU we don't give any out.

Great reply!

Oklahawg

The Hogs are in on some OKC area players. Should they get one of them it will help with McKinney.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jhog

sage_dragoon

Didnt he mention the travel thing before? He said something about how UA has a few OK natives on the roster that he could ride with...Jones/Tate are 2 that I know offhand.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

The Coletrain

McKinney reaffirmed his commitment and pumped up his LB teammate today as well.  So that's good news.  It's looking more and more like we will retain all seven of our current commitments.  Now we just need to add to them. . .
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

return2glory

Who is his LB teammate?

The Coletrain

Blaine Hainbach (6-1, 225).
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Ben Steiger

Yep, I've been saying this for a while, I don't think we'll get him. I think beating LSU on National Tv will help big time, but I think we are the underdogs for Myron now.

He still is committed, no?

Why would he go to OK State instead of us?
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

BattleHawg

Quote from: The Coletrain on November 28, 2005, 03:18:40 pm
Blaine Hainbach (6-1, 225).

funny thing is... last I checked, Rivals had him listed as:  (6-0, 200)

seems on paper and in these recruiting articles, our recruits are always bigger, stronger & faster BEFORE they arrive on campus.   

hmmm

BH

Boared

Quote from: Ben Steiger on November 29, 2005, 07:20:27 am

He still is committed, no?

Why would he go to OK State instead of us?

Your answer was mentioned previously in this same thread. Check the post from jhog about 9 posts ahead of yours.

Ben Steiger

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Boared

You only went to 5. Go to the 9th post before yours.

bigred7987

December 11, 2005, 03:30:11 pm #21 Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 03:35:09 pm by bigred7987
Does anyone know where McKinney stands...one day he sounds solid as a rock next day he sounds like he is outta here

imtad16

He visited Missouri this weekend and on Rivals he talked about his visit going really well and said things might have changed a little bit, but he still says he considers himself an Arkansas commitment. He still has to visit OSU... things are looking a little shakey with him i think.

Boared

Good lord, it changes every damn week. I give up.

bigred7987

mizzoo article just came out...this guy changes every 2 seconds.  closes the door on decommitting then opens it back up

Boared

I'm sure Mustain's status affected it a little bit, but you would think after several visits here, he would know for sure if he wants to be here or not.

Oklahawg

You guys are missing the biggest issue with McKinney. He loves UA. His primary concern is getting to and from school, and having his Mom come visit and see him play. The two UA players from Oklahoma are from Tulsa. Not close enough. Mizzou has players from the OKC area. Okie State does as well.

The PC North LB is a bona fide stud. That back injury has really scare folks. He's someone we will offer with the last defensive scholie should we not fill our LB slots.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Boared

OKC is only about 3.5 hours away from Fayetteville and it's all interstate (is it not?), so I don't get the distance issue.

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

bigred7987

That has nothing to do with it right now...anyone with a rivals membership will see that. 
The car and family is NOT the issue. 

Kilgor

OK, just stating what had been said about the distance issue.  Please fill us in on what is going on.

Thanks.

Bomis Hawg

Not everyone has a membership. ;D

Kilgor

bigred7987

If I could tell you the specifics I would but he, like another big recruit, is uncomfortable with the stiuation right now.  Thats all i will say.  Hopefully Otis wont go nuts over me saying that

Boared

I don't know why he would be uncomfortable. Nothing has really changed. He'll have the same OL coach he was gonig to have before and Nutt's not going anywhere right now.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: bigred7987 on December 12, 2005, 11:49:06 am
If I could tell you the specifics I would but he, like another big recruit, is uncomfortable with the stiuation right now.  Thats all i will say.  Hopefully Otis wont go nuts over me saying that

Does anybody know how McKinney is feeling about arkansas still?

He seems to waffle but still stays committed to the hogs as far as I know. The hogs cannot afford to lose this dude