Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rhett Lashlee...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, October 08, 2017, 10:47:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

How come Rhett is not mentioned anymore when considering possible coaches when Bielema leaves?  He use to be a pretty regular name around here.  How come?  I think he might do pretty well here.  where did he go to after Auburn?  Is he looking for work?
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

theFlyingHog

Hawgphish

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 08, 2017, 10:47:04 am
How come Rhett is not mentioned anymore when considering possible coaches when Bielema leaves?  He use to be a pretty regular name around here.  How come?  I think he might do pretty well here.  where did he go to after Auburn?  Is he looking for work?
Not really excited about an OC who was fired from a fellow SEC WEST team...

Porked Tongue

Mulberry Squeezins

Rhett is an offensive genius. When he was here trying for his medical shirt, he was fast getting the reputation among the staff as being someone who would likely be a coach. Granted it was Nutts staff, but still. What impresses me about Rhett is he has the ability to adapt to utilizing different philosophies with success.

Lady Razorback

He's offensive coordinator for U of Conn.  Since he doesn't have any head coaching experience, I don't think he is perceived as ready for head coach for SEC teams.  He is good young talented coach. 

hogfooey

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 08, 2017, 10:51:28 am
Not really excited about an OC who was fired from a fellow SEC WEST team...

He wasn't fired from Auburn. 
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

rhames

Quote from: hogfooey on October 08, 2017, 11:54:00 am

Yeah just like Rob Smith wasn't fired last year.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Redhogs

We need to start fresh..I mean really fresh. No Gus stink...just fresh.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

King Kong

hogfooey

If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

King Kong

Quote from: hogfooey on October 08, 2017, 11:54:00 am

Yep he just decided to take a 200k pay cut and demotion in programs

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hawgphish

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on October 08, 2017, 10:52:43 am
Rhett is an offensive genius. When he was here trying for his medical shirt, he was fast getting the reputation among the staff as being someone who would likely be a coach. Granted it was Nutts staff, but still. What impresses me about Rhett is he has the ability to adapt to utilizing different philosophies with success.
then why was he let go at Auburn?

san1981

Yeah nothing more will rally the troops than hiring the OC from UCONN with no head coaching experience.

Vantage 8 dude

You mean the guy whose currently such a "hot shot" with a highly successful U Conn team out of that "killer" American Athletic Conference. PLEEEZZZEEEE.....

BTW see the below post. Says a TON.

longpig

Quote from: Lady Razorback on October 08, 2017, 10:53:14 am
He's offensive coordinator for U of Conn.  Since he doesn't have any head coaching experience, I don't think he is perceived as ready for head coach for SEC teams.  He is good young talented coach.

His 29th ranked offense didn't look so good against Memphis's 123rd ranked defense this week. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Ironhawg

October 08, 2017, 12:13:22 pm #17 Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:53:56 pm by Ironhawg
UConn is 1-4 with losses to Virginia, ECU, SMU and Memphis.  Their lone victory is over Holy Cross.  Lashlee is a long way from being ready to be a P5 head coach.

hotdog hog

I'd be more interested in him as a coordinator and prospective future coach. Hire a proven SEC coach like Tuberville. Maybe he hires Chisek to run the defense and we could be Auburn North lol

Sweet Feet

Idk how he would do as a head coach just yet. Either way, he still wouldn't be talked about here. He's a successful Arkansan who was under another successful Arkansan who had success elsewhere. That's why. That doesn't bode well with Hog fans. Nobody likes it when anyone with Arkansas roots or ties leave and have success elsewhere. See Petrino, Malzahn, and the countless instate recruits that made the better choice to go out of state than to Arkansas (IE, Keith Jackson, Mike Dyer, Malik Monk, Archie Goodwin, KJ Hill, etc).

The fanbase in general has a very bad case of "jealous ex" syndrome

Porked Tongue

His background check won't go well for him.