Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's Play the Quarterback game

Started by Piggfoot, December 06, 2016, 04:06:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

December 06, 2016, 04:06:01 pm Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:17:35 pm by Piggfoot
Who's gone? Who's leaving? Who stays? 2017

Austin Allen--- Sr
Ty Story--- RS Soph
Ricky Town---- gone
Cole Kelly---- RS Fr
Carson Procter----  RS Fr
Jack Lindsey---- RS Fr
Daulton Hyatt----Fr

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

colbs

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 06, 2016, 04:06:01 pm
Who's gone? Who's leaving? Who stays? 2017

Austin Allen--- Sr
Ty Story--- RS Soph
Ricky Towns---- gone
Cole Kelly---- RS Fr
Carson Procter----  RS Fr
Jack Lindsey---- RS Fr
Daulton Hyatt----Fr
I like games.  Probably a more realistic list is (in order of probable significant playing time)

Austin Allen---Sr
Cole Kelley---RS Fr
Ty Storey---RS Soph
DAulton Hyatt---Fr (Will redshirt next year, depending on talent may be able to pass Ty)

The others.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

My guess is Storey is the next QB to leave.  The question is will he be led to believe he will actually get to see the field next season or will that be horse hockey in his mind.  If he believes he might get some playing time, he will likely stay and then leave about a week before the first game next season when it is clear he ain't playing and we won't have a soul ready for the #2 spot.

go hogues

Quote from: 12247 on December 06, 2016, 07:05:16 pm
My guess is Storey is the next QB to leave.  The question is will he be led to believe he will actually get to see the field next season or will that be horse hockey in his mind.  If he believes he might get some playing time, he will likely stay and then leave about a week before the first game next season when it is clear he ain't playing and we won't have a soul ready for the #2 spot.
Kelley will be ready for #2 in fall camp.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

uncle bubs

Kelley will be a beast. I have ZERO credentials or proof of this, he's just huge and I like the idea of him being great. So he will be. Carry on. 
God bless the Boston Mountains.

HoggusMaximus

Piggfoot

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 06, 2016, 09:56:12 pm
Allen
Story
Kelly
Hyatt
Rest are gone.

Lindsey probably stays. Legacy grandson walk on of Jim Lindsey.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

JaketheSnake

I'm rooting for Allen next year, then Story the next, thenKelly after they are gone.  They've all been "All Hog"

al_pigcino

I'm scared Cole Kelly is going to get the HV Heisman curse.  He probably rode the bus with Kane Whitehurst and Vinny Asocolese.  But I guess if we are going to crown all americans before they get to campus it helps to have one finally at least dress out, right? 

carolinahogger

Quote from: al_pigcino on December 07, 2016, 07:18:05 am
I'm scared Cole Kelly is going to get the HV Heisman curse.  He probably rode the bus with Kane Whitehurst and Vinny Asocolese.  But I guess if we are going to crown all americans before they get to campus it helps to have one finally at least dress out, right?

Was Big Tex late for the bus ride?

redleg

Senior Austin Allen will be the starter in 2017 barring injury. I would not be shocked to see RFR Cole Kelley earn the back-up spot over SOPH Ty Storey by Game 1 next season. Barring injuries, Daulton Hyatt will redshirt in 2017, which will benefit him and the team. Hyatt, listed at 6'4" 185, needs to bulk up with some work in the weight room.
By 2018, I think the depth chart will look like this:
1. Soph. Cole Kelley
2. Jr. Ty Storey
3. Rfr. Daulton Hyatt
4. Fr. Connor Noland
If Storey doesn't earn the starting job by the end of the 2018 spring drills, it is probable that he may transfer before the "18 season. It is also likely that CBB might sign a second QB in the 2018 class, along with Noland.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Hogarusa

No reason for any of the remaining to leave until 2018
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 07, 2016, 08:44:30 am

Unless they see the writing on the wall.

longpig

Quote from: redleg on December 07, 2016, 08:37:22 am
Senior Austin Allen will be the starter in 2017 barring injury. I would not be shocked to see RFR Cole Kelley earn the back-up spot over SOPH Ty Storey by Game 1 next season. Barring injuries, Daulton Hyatt will redshirt in 2017, which will benefit him and the team. Hyatt, listed at 6'4" 185, needs to bulk up with some work in the weight room.
By 2018, I think the depth chart will look like this:
1. Soph. Cole Kelley
2. Jr. Ty Storey
3. Rfr. Daulton Hyatt
4. Fr. Connor Noland
If Storey doesn't earn the starting job by the end of the 2018 spring drills, it is probable that he may transfer before the "18 season. It is also likely that CBB might sign a second QB in the 2018 class, along with Noland.
:razorback:

They're already splitting 2nd team snaps. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 07, 2016, 08:44:30 am

There are always reasons to leave. That is a personal thing though.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE