Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here ya go Hogville

Started by Nosboar Accubond, December 05, 2016, 06:40:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-vt-acc-bowls-post.html

"The Hokies on Sunday accepted an invitation to the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C., where on Dec. 29 they will face Arkansas. The Razorbacks (7-5, 3-5 Southeastern Conference) tied for fifth in the SEC's West Division and defeated only two teams that finished with winning records: Florida and Louisiana Tech, both at home. Arkansas closed the regular season with a loss to Missouri, the SEC East's last-place team.

Not exactly the credentials you'd expect opposite a Virginia Tech squad that won the ACC's Coastal Division and performed admirably in Saturday's 42-35 loss to No. 2 Clemson in the conference title game. The Hokies (9-4, 6-2) are No. 22 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings and have quality victories over North Carolina, Pittsburgh and Miami, the first two on the road.

But when the Orlando-based Russell Athletic Bowl bypassed Virginia Tech on Sunday in favor of home-state Miami, Justin Fuente's club fell to the Belk Bowl."

"Six ranked teams, a seventh if Clemson advances to the playoff final, make this the classiest group of bowl opponents in ACC history. Alas, Virginia Tech won't play one, but good luck finding a single culprit."

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Nosboar Accubond

Hawgphish

Go Hogs!  What else can you say.

Sir Oinksalot

....never thought I'd say this we get slaughtered, our defense is rotten ...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

hogcard1964

Thankfully not many will see it.

streitenberger

Truth hurts even more to the delusional ones.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hogcard1964

If we upset them, I still bet we're unranked.

Poker_hog

They're right that we aren't that good but they are wrong to think they deserve any better.  They lost to tenner.  And lol at thier "quality" wins.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

farmhawg

They don't have a chance, bet the house and dog.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on December 05, 2016, 06:40:49 pm
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-vt-acc-bowls-post.html

"The Hokies on Sunday accepted an invitation to the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, N.C., where on Dec. 29 they will face Arkansas. The Razorbacks (7-5, 3-5 Southeastern Conference) tied for fifth in the SEC's West Division and defeated only two teams that finished with winning records: Florida and Louisiana Tech, both at home. Arkansas closed the regular season with a loss to Missouri, the SEC East's last-place team.

Not exactly the credentials you'd expect opposite a Virginia Tech squad that won the ACC's Coastal Division and performed admirably in Saturday's 42-35 loss to No. 2 Clemson in the conference title game. The Hokies (9-4, 6-2) are No. 22 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings and have quality victories over North Carolina, Pittsburgh and Miami, the first two on the road.

But when the Orlando-based Russell Athletic Bowl bypassed Virginia Tech on Sunday in favor of home-state Miami, Justin Fuente's club fell to the Belk Bowl."

"Six ranked teams, a seventh if Clemson advances to the playoff final, make this the classiest group of bowl opponents in ACC history. Alas, Virginia Tech won't play one, but good luck finding a single culprit."

I never thought I would ever see the Razorbacks described like that........smh
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hawghiggs

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 05, 2016, 07:24:36 pm

CBB is building something special.

hawgsalot

It matters not what they say before the game.  If they think that being 5th in the acc is some achievement then more power to them, they will get there chance no excuses.

RollHogTide

It appears that with the exception of bowl locks - bowls tend to select the teams that will fill the stadium.  I think the article is not necessarily intended to be disrespectful to Arkansas, as much as an attempt to bolster VT's position.

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

sickboy

All I know is that if we beat them,  I'm going to savor their tears. All I've heard the last 24 hours is how it's a slap in the face that they have to play us and we don't stand a chance. I'm used to our own fans putting us down... but I don't like other fan bases putting us down.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: sickboy on December 06, 2016, 03:47:42 am
All I know is that if we beat them,  I'm going to savor their tears. All I've heard the last 24 hours is how it's a slap in the face that they have to play us and we don't stand a chance. I'm used to our own fans putting us down... but I don't like other fan bases putting us down.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all put aside our differences and united against a common enemy?

Pork Twain

December 06, 2016, 05:19:11 am #18 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:34:01 am by Pork Twain
Are you new to college football?  /sarcasm
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Poker_hog on December 05, 2016, 07:12:16 pm
They're right that we aren't that good but they are wrong to think they deserve any better.  They lost to tenner.  And lol at thier "quality" wins.

I think it all depends on which team shows up to play Va Tech. We win, we lose, we win, we lose, we win, we lose...next up, we are due to win. And, they can say what they want but had Va Tech played our schedule this year in the West, I'm not sure that their record would be any better than ours at this point, but you never know. I think we can all agree that there really isn't any legit excuse for us to not have won more than we did this year. If the Hogs show up with their heads screwed on straight and motivated, they will find out that we are a better team than our record would indicate.
Go Hogs Go!

Poker_hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 06, 2016, 06:16:41 am
I think it all depends on which team shows up to play Va Tech. We win, we lose, we win, we lose, we win, we lose...next up, we are due to win. And, they can say what they want but had Va Tech played our schedule this year in the West, I'm not sure that their record would be any better than ours at this point, but you never know. I think we can all agree that there really isn't any legit excuse for us to not have won more than we did this year. If the Hogs show up with their heads screwed on straight and motivated, they will find out that we are a better team than our record would indicate.

Honestly we were kind of unlucky with how the schedule played out.  Teams we played later in the year improved a lot over the year like mizzou, msu, lsu.  Those are all teams you would have rather played earlier, although mizzou still sucked.  On the flip side we played a&m and ole miss before thier collapse.  Everyone poo poos OM but they had bama on the ropes.  That alone makes them a quality win.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

longpig

Win this game and the average football fan will go, "Hmmm, Clemson is #2, Clemson barely survived V Tech, Arkansas beat V Tech. 

Arkansas = Clemson.  And by average I mean slightly less analytical than most of Hogville.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: farmhawg on December 05, 2016, 06:57:40 pm
We beat them handily

That's what she said........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: longpig on December 06, 2016, 06:29:37 am
Win this game and the average football fan will go, "Hmmm, Clemson is #2, Clemson barely survived V Tech, Arkansas beat V Tech. 

Arkansas = Clemson.  And by average I mean slightly less analytical than most of Hogville.

I think that is a stretch. I can't see anyone in the Razorback nation going quite that far.
Go Hogs Go!

IMABIELEMA

No doubt their QB will have a record breaking game against our D.

ChitownHawg

The bright side to that story is - if it comes true then CRS will have a hard time convincing the fanbase he is the right DC. So it could be the last nail in his coffin.

Well that is about as bright as this optimist can make this situation.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

longpig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 06, 2016, 06:45:18 am
I think that is a stretch. I can't see anyone in the Razorback nation going quite that far.

You're probably right, most of the football fans that yell "GET HIM" and "RUN" probably won't equate us with Clemson unless we beat V Tech AND Clemson loses to Bama.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 06, 2016, 06:55:37 am
The bright side to that story is - if it comes true then CRS will have a hard time convincing the fanbase he is the right DC. So it could be the last nail in his coffin.

I don't think that the outcome of this bowl game is going to be a determining factor in whether he is retained or chooses to seek other career opportunities. I wouldn't be surprised if his future at Arkansas isn't already determined, one way or the other.
Go Hogs Go!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Coach Bielema really hurt his Arkansas legacy by allowing Robb Smith to stay here too long. If we lose this game, it will probably be because our offense couldn't outscore theirs. The defense definitely isn't going to stop them....unless the D from the florida game shows up. I wouldn't hold my breath though
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ChitownHawg on December 06, 2016, 06:55:37 am

Unfortunately, by that time, most of the good coaches and coordinators will be off the table already
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

holeinthewall

QuoteBut when the Orlando-based Russell Athletic Bowl bypassed Virginia Tech on Sunday in favor of home-state Miami, Justin Fuente's club fell to the Belk Bowl."

This does make sense. Miami will have half the stadium full in Orlando where as VT would have a quarter.  In Charlotte VT will draw very well where as Miami would not have.

longpig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 06, 2016, 07:14:32 am
Coach Bielema really hurt his Arkansas legacy by allowing Robb Smith to stay here too long. If we lose this game, it will probably be because our offense couldn't outscore theirs. The defense definitely isn't going to stop them....unless the D from the florida game shows up. I wouldn't hold my breath though

Doesn't look like we have the O line to win a shootout like we had in 15.  Mizzou was supposed to be a shootout at worst and our O line couldn't get us 5 points in the 2nd half.   

Jackrabbit Hog

It's amazing how one game - heck, one play in one game - can change perception so drastically.  If Sprinkle hangs onto that pass in the final minute against Missouri and we win, we are seen as a hot SEC team on a par with all those other 8-4 teams in the conference and VTU wouldn't be saying things like they've been saying. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 06, 2016, 07:28:59 am
It's amazing how one game - heck, one play in one game - can change perception so drastically.  If Sprinkle hangs onto that pass in the final minute against Missouri and we win, we are seen as a hot SEC team on a par with all those other 8-4 teams in the conference and VTU wouldn't be saying things like they've been saying.
A couple chip shot field goals would have worked, too.  Hindsight...

As far as this thread goes, somebody needs their ass whooped, '78 Orange Bowl style.

longpig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 06, 2016, 07:28:59 am

Any one of about 10 plays.  I was at the game and still can't stomach rewatching the 2nd half. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 05, 2016, 07:36:16 pm
CBB is building something special.

"Uncommon."  CBB is building something uncommon; "special" was several coaches ago.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Razorback de Nosferatu

Memories are so short.

It's true.  If you took a snapshot of each team last time you saw them play, this looks like a slaughter.  It looks disrespectful to Virginia Tech.  It looks like any number of things.

But the same Arkansas team that lost to Mizzou beat the heck out of the east division champs.

And the same Virginia Tech team that lost so admirably to Clemson lost to 4-8 Syracuse. 

I love it when Arkansas's opponent thinks they're too good to play the Hogs. 

rzrbaxfan

Interesting that they want to point to our loss to Mizzou and ignore their loss to Syracuse.  Scratch that 9-3 record slightly and you'll see this....

Tennessee (loss) allowed 394 yards
Syracuse (loss) allowed 561 yards
Pitt (3 pt win) allowed 458 yards
Duke (3 pt win) allowed 375 yards
Ga Tech (loss) allowed 343 yards (mostly on ground)
ND (3 pt win) allowed 449 yards
Clemson (7 pt loss) allowed 470 yards

I get it...our D stinks.  I don't like this matchup at all.  However, I think Enos is going to find some ways to move the ball on them.  If AA plays well and we get our running game established, this may not be the blowout some of y'all are expecting.  Plus, if this article is what is being written this early, there is a good chance they overlook us.

Pigsknuckles

Maybe they will pay us to be one of their OOC patsies sometime.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hogwild

Quote from: Poker_hog on December 06, 2016, 06:27:09 am
Honestly we were kind of unlucky with how the schedule played out.  Teams we played later in the year improved a lot over the year like mizzou, msu, lsu.  Those are all teams you would have rather played earlier, although mizzou still sucked.  On the flip side we played a&m and ole miss before thier collapse.  Everyone poo poos OM but they had bama on the ropes.  That alone makes them a quality win.

Its amazing how when we play teams early in the year they are hitting their stride, when we play teams late in the year they are getting in their groove.  Maybe its not a coincidence, maybe playing us has something to do with it. 

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: Hogwild on December 06, 2016, 08:04:33 am
Its amazing how when we play teams early in the year they are hitting their stride, when we play teams late in the year they are getting in their groove.  Maybe its not a coincidence, maybe playing us has something to do with it.

A&M going from top 15 to garbage is an annual autumn event.

The Rebels were a talented but soft team who took a bunch of punches to the face early in the year and eventually fell over.  I'm glad the Razorbacks applied one of the hits.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on December 06, 2016, 08:07:50 am
A&M going from top 15 to garbage is an annual autumn event.

The Rebels were a talented but soft team who took a bunch of punches to the face early in the year and eventually fell over.  I'm glad the Razorbacks applied one of the hits.
Didn't both teams lose their starting quarterbacks to injury after we played them.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 06, 2016, 04:59:17 am
Wouldn't it be nice if we all put aside our differences and united against a common enemy?

Robb Smith?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hogcard1964

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on December 06, 2016, 07:57:12 am
Interesting that they want to point to our loss to Mizzou and ignore their loss to Syracuse.  Scratch that 9-3 record slightly and you'll see this....

Syracuse (loss) allowed 561 yards
Pitt (3 pt win) allowed 458 yards
ND (3 pt win) allowed 449 yards
Clemson (7 pt loss) allowed 470 yards

I get it...our D stinks.  I don't like this matchup at all.  However, I think Enos is going to find some ways to move the ball on them.  If AA plays well and we get our running game established, this may not be the blowout some of y'all are expecting.  Plus, if this article is what is being written this early, there is a good chance they overlook us.

It won't be a blow out.  This is going to a be a pretty good game.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on December 06, 2016, 07:57:12 am

You allow less than 400 total yards these days, you are playing very good defense.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

After reading that article, VA Tech could be bitten by the over confidence bug.  We've got that going for us.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 06, 2016, 08:16:45 am
You allow less than 400 total yards these days, you are playing very good defense.

True.  I included those 3 games because 2 of them were losses and the win was only a 3 pt win against Duke.  Teams move the ball on Va Tech.  Our fan base is looking at the last 2 quarters of Hog football played this year and forgetting that we have a really good offense.

I really think if we come in focused, we'll put up a fight. 

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 06, 2016, 08:10:17 am
Didn't both teams lose their starting quarterbacks to injury after we played them.

Yes.

But I think the wheels were beginning to wobble for both teams before the QBs went down.

Razorbackers

We went 3-8 a few years ago.

Like...have you forgotten?

farmhawg

From theflyinghog