Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss game

Started by Andrew Hogfan, December 05, 2016, 06:10:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Hogfan

I'm too lazy to look up the stats but,  in the first half we only blitzed like twice.  We actually made some half time adjustments and blitzed like 13 times(again I'm just guessing cuz I'm lazy) or around there.  My question is,  what happened after that?  Why did we do what was necessary in that game and not any of the others ? The defense played well if I remember correctly,  although I could be wrong,  I don't remember that we'll lol.  What exactly happened to the defense after that game?  Other than Florida,  the D was pretty bad after Ole Miss.  Why?  When did Dre get hurt?
WPS!!!

Potosihog

We actually blitzed more than most think.  The problem was when we did blitz our LB and Safety got hung up at the line.  Just turned into a big pile up with the QB having as long as necessary to find a wide open receiver.

When we do blitz we don't disguise well at all.

farmhawg

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on December 05, 2016, 06:10:14 pm
I'm too lazy to look up the stats but,  in the first half we only blitzed like twice.  We actually made some half time adjustments and blitzed like 13 times(again I'm just guessing cuz I'm lazy) or around there.  My question is,  what happened after that?  Why did we do what was necessary in that game and not any of the others ? The defense played well if I remember correctly,  although I could be wrong,  I don't remember that we'll lol.  What exactly happened to the defense after that game?  Other than Florida,  the D was pretty bad after Ole Miss.  Why?  When did Dre get hurt?
Part of the long term strategic plan....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

JONAS

Dre got hurt in the Alabama game.

NaturalStateReb

I don't know, but it was far and away Brooks Ellis' best game this season.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Reservoir Hogs

Greenlaw getting hurt absolutely destroyed our D... So many people look past this.

LB was one place we could not afford an injury.

Danny J

Quote from: Potosihog on December 05, 2016, 08:14:27 pm
We actually blitzed more than most think.  The problem was when we did blitz our LB and Safety got hung up at the line.  Just turned into a big pile up with the QB having as long as necessary to find a wide open receiver.

When we do blitz we don't disguise well at all.
Yep...we show it too early and do very little stunting and twisting it's just a straight 5 man rush instead of bringing safeties and corners up

SemperHawg

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on December 06, 2016, 09:42:07 am
Greenlaw getting hurt absolutely destroyed our D... So many people look past this.

I don't disagree with you here. 

I think the problem most are having is if the loss of one player, whom I wouldn't qualify as game changer talent level, throws your defense off this badly then we are no where near recruiting at a basic SEC level.  To be clear I'm not talking about recruiting at Bama or LSU level, but just basic SEC level recruiting.  Outside of losing the QB or a DMAC level talent, the loss of one player should never be this impactful.

code red

Watch the tape on Bama before the injury?  Both LB were playing on skates it was embarrassing.  And it never got any better.  We got major issues with scheme and technique.  Do you think Vandy has better talent than the Hogs?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

LRHawg

Quote from: code red on December 06, 2016, 11:21:01 am
  Do you think Vandy has better talent than the Hogs?

Excluding this last class, yes.

elksnort

See, I don't think that it hurt as much as we are lead to believe. Someone the other day was posting some before and after stats that indicated that losing Greenlaw was not as bad as thought.

Honestly, after giving it more thought, notwithstanding the lack of very good LB talent, I think the coaching part my have failed on the defensive side. As IronHog likes to keep stating, let's not bulk dudes up when it slows them down.

jkstock04

Someone called into Bo's show yesterday and proved this wrong with some stats. Our defense was struggling with or without Greenlaw.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

elksnort

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 06, 2016, 11:38:15 am
Someone called into Bo's show yesterday and proved this wrong with some stats. Our defense was struggling with or without Greenlaw.
This is what I was trying to point out. Thank you. Whether we are correct or not.