Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gonna get crushed

Started by BoynamedWooPigSooie, December 04, 2016, 10:24:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhog14

Go Hogs!!! Beat VaTech!!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: LZH on December 05, 2016, 07:40:30 am
I only saw a little bit of them this year. I think it was against Notre Dame. I know they have a damn good mobile quarterback.  That and being in their backyard concerns me.
Facing a mobile QB is no bueno. I guess there is some hope if Dre gets back on the field. 

AirWarren

Not a good matchup for us.

Va tech has been a traditional winner for many years. We haven't.

I feel like the Hokies win this one.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 05, 2016, 10:16:35 am
MSU had one, too...

Yes, but he was counterbalanced by an MSU defense that was just above Texas Tech bad, as in tied with Ole Miss for 109th in total defense.  They were considerably worse overall than we were if they tells you anything.

This isn't a vintage Virginia Tech defense, but they are 36th nationally overall.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AP85 on December 05, 2016, 11:31:30 am
Not a good matchup for us.

Va tech has been a traditional winner for many years. We haven't.

I feel like the Hokies win this one.
Wasn't Texas a traditional winner... ???
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 04, 2016, 10:24:20 pm
Razorback fans, our reputation as a strong traveling and dedicated fan base again got us a bad bowl match up against a stronger team.

Our little neurotically inconsistent, barely above .500  team is matched up against a squad that was 7 points away  from winning a P5 conference.

We probably deserved the Independence Bowl based off the play on the field.  $$$$ rules all and the bowl cabal knows Arkansas brings butts in seats and dollars to their wallets.  I believe this is part of the reason of for our terrible bowl record.  We typically draw opponents a weight class or two above us that end up being bad match-ups.  That, and our team parties their faces off like country bumpkins going to the State Fair once a year.

Oh and Fuente is a much better coach than Bielema and his clown show 2nd and 3rd choice assistants so not much to be confident with in winning the sideline battle.

F.O.A.D

Hogs win this one little sister.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

26.2Hog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 05, 2016, 10:16:35 am
MSU had one, too...

Yeah, and they rolled up 533 yards on us, and 42 points.  The Hokies have a better defense than the MSU defense which proved to be even worse than ours.

GolfnHog

There have been umpteen different threads through the years about various teams Razorback fans would like to play that the Hogs haven't ever played.

Here's the VT Hokies that many wanted to play so get on board and call the Hogs. You got your wish dammit! I swear I can't decide which is more bi-polor this year- the fans or the team.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

PorkSoda

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 05, 2016, 07:55:39 am
This will basically be a home game for them smh. At least half of the people that normally go to bowl games wont be able to go because its half a day away and its on a THURSDAY (WTH). They have a good offense but I don't know much about their defense. If we can get our running game going (and not abandon it like in mizzou) we can win this one
yeah because nobody in arkansas takes vacation between christmas and new years?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: GolfnHog on December 05, 2016, 04:45:58 pm
There have been umpteen different threads through the years about various teams Razorback fans would like to play that the Hogs haven't ever played.

Here's the VT Hokies that many wanted to play so get on board and call the Hogs. You got your wish dammit! I swear I can't decide which is more bi-polor this year- the fans or the team.
lol, no doubt.  its like they would rather be playing SW Missouri state in a bowl just so we can chalk up a meaningless win. 

I for one am excited about this game.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

tophawg19

folks seem to forget the hogs hung with bama for 3 quarters but wore down. and beat Florida .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Dirty

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 05, 2016, 06:09:59 pm
folks seem to forget the hogs hung with bama for 3 quarters but wore down. and beat Florida .

The hogs were leading Missouri and after the half got wore down and out coached!

Pork Twain

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 04, 2016, 10:24:20 pm
Razorback fans, our reputation as a strong traveling and dedicated fan base again got us a bad bowl match up against a stronger team.

Our little neurotically inconsistent, barely above .500  team is matched up against a squad that was 7 points away  from winning a P5 conference.

We probably deserved the Independence Bowl based off the play on the field.  $$$$ rules all and the bowl cabal knows Arkansas brings butts in seats and dollars to their wallets.  I believe this is part of the reason of for our terrible bowl record.  We typically draw opponents a weight class or two above us that end up being bad match-ups.  That, and our team parties their faces off like country bumpkins going to the State Fair once a year.

Oh and Fuente is a much better coach than Bielema and his clown show 2nd and 3rd choice assistants so not much to be confident with in winning the sideline battle.
Having watched many of their games this season, it would seem that you are choosing to omit their losses (Tenn, Syr and GT) and the fact that they are at the top of a VERY weak division (Miami, UNC, Virginia, Duke, Pitt and Georgia Tech).  They are close to what we saw in aTm, without the future NFL stars on the DL.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/