Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gonna get crushed

Started by BoynamedWooPigSooie, December 04, 2016, 10:24:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Razorback fans, our reputation as a strong traveling and dedicated fan base again got us a bad bowl match up against a stronger team.

Our little neurotically inconsistent, barely above .500  team is matched up against a squad that was 7 points away  from winning a P5 conference.

We probably deserved the Independence Bowl based off the play on the field.  $$$$ rules all and the bowl cabal knows Arkansas brings butts in seats and dollars to their wallets.  I believe this is part of the reason of for our terrible bowl record.  We typically draw opponents a weight class or two above us that end up being bad match-ups.  That, and our team parties their faces off like country bumpkins going to the State Fair once a year.

Oh and Fuente is a much better coach than Bielema and his clown show 2nd and 3rd choice assistants so not much to be confident with in winning the sideline battle.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

yraciv

I disagree. Screw the ACC and lets kick some VT a**!

NuttinItUp

Hog Solo

I'm not too big of a fan for current admin, but the way you state opinion like fact makes me pissed and against your cause

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 04, 2016, 10:24:20 pm
Razorback fans, our reputation as a strong traveling and dedicated fan base again got us a bad bowl match up against a stronger team.

Our little neurotically inconsistent, barely above .500  team is matched up against a squad that was 7 points away  from winning a P5 conference.

We probably deserved the Independence Bowl based off the play on the field.  $$$$ rules all and the bowl cabal knows Arkansas brings butts in seats and dollars to their wallets.  I believe this is part of the reason of for our terrible bowl record.  We typically draw opponents a weight class or two above us that end up being bad match-ups.  That, and our team parties their faces off like country bumpkins going to the State Fair once a year.

Oh and Fuente is a much better coach than Bielema and his clown show 2nd and 3rd choice assistants so not much to be confident with in winning the sideline battle.

Oh eeyore, atleast wait to a day or 2 before the game.

(notOM)Rebel123

When's the game? Dec. 29th? Geez, wake me on the 28th.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

M L (bassplayer)

Bielema and his clown show

Really seems to be in fashion to hate on everything. This team has real problems but they are kids capable of playing up to the competition. Go or don't, watch or don't, but please let's control the negative spew.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Geez tell us how you really feel lol
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PonderinHog

Any given Thursday...   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

LZH

Been on a VT message board this morning. All but just a few are quite respectful and some are even worried about our offense. Several guys have pointed out that if they played our schedule their record would not be any better than ours.

Having said that, I'm afraid this could get ugly.

hogcard1964

Quote from: LZH on December 05, 2016, 07:21:12 am
Been on a VT message board this morning. All but just a few are quite respectful and some are even worried about our offense. Several guys have pointed out that if they played our schedule their record would not be any better than ours.

Having said that, I'm afraid this could get ugly.

Va Tech is not that good.

LZH

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 05, 2016, 07:26:56 am
Va Tech is not that good.

I only saw a little bit of them this year. I think it was against Notre Dame. I know they have a damn good mobile quarterback.  That and being in their backyard concerns me.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This will basically be a home game for them smh. At least half of the people that normally go to bowl games wont be able to go because its half a day away and its on a THURSDAY (WTH). They have a good offense but I don't know much about their defense. If we can get our running game going (and not abandon it like in mizzou) we can win this one
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Man, I wish I would have had all this advice before I booked my rooms and got my tickets.....

MuskogeeHogFan

I see this as being something like a 31-27 ball game. Not sure who wins. Turnovers, who tackles and covers best. Should be a good game though. Go Hogs!
Go Hogs Go!

farmhawg

We will beat them soundly. Brett has to show up here so he can get back the bravado.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TrueBlue

Quote from: farmhawg on December 05, 2016, 07:59:22 am
We will beat them soundly. Brett has to show up here so he can get back the bravado.

Who is Brett? ....Brett Favre?

Razorbackers

I bet you're a blast at parties.

HawgTrough

Mobile, effective quarterback. That's all we need to know 
WPS

TexArkHogFan

Damn this is funny.  You're saying we gonna get crushed by VT and the majority of Hogville said we were gonna beat Alabama before we played them.  We're talking ACC vs SEC here.  No doubt VT is a good team but there are probably seven or eight SEC teams who are better.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

go hogues

Razorback fans, our reputation as a strong traveling and dedicated fan base...
Stopped reading after this falsehood.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

sowmonella

Quote from: TrueBlue on December 05, 2016, 08:09:38 am
Who is Brett? ....Brett Favre?

You are so funny. That just cracks me up. I'm surprised I've never seen a response like yours. +1
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

FaytownHog

Quote from: HawgTrough on December 05, 2016, 08:18:19 am
We did alright against ole miss.....

FaytownHog

They lost to Tenner. I aint skeered.

code red

Yes we will get beat.  But, to blame it on the fans is not correct.  If this team would have ended the year on a positive note then many fans would flock to Charlotte.  The Belk bowl will be full....of VT fans.  We made our own bed now its time to lie in it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Youngsta71701

Is Michael Vick playing in this game or something? ??? Did I miss something?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HogsonHicks

The "we will get crushed" stuff is ridiculous. Some of you guys have a perpetual defeatist and whiny attitude. VT is a solid team, but they'd be a middle of the pack team in the SECW, just as we are.

Let's not forget Tennessee rolled them to start the season. I think it will be an entertaining and competitive game.

PonderinHog

Hey, if CBB wins three bowl games in a row, he will have earned it!    :razorback:

And thank goodness, Michael Vick isn't walking through that door.   :o

ATLHog

Quote from: yraciv on December 04, 2016, 10:25:32 pm
I disagree. Screw the ACC and lets kick some VT a**!
HELLS YES, the defeatist attitude that runs RAMPANT around here is pathetic. Man up folks, Hogs have time to prepare & Bielema's Hogs are undefeated in bowls so far.
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jacobp

Quote from: FaytownHog on December 05, 2016, 08:48:31 am
They lost to Tenner. I aint skeered.
And Syracuse. I watched them in person at notre Dame.
Qb is pretty good. Inaccurate with downfield passes and not as fast as you'd think. If you can run the ball at all play action WILL be open. Their fans are kind of goofy. The enjoy shaking their keys when Tech is on defense. It's not loud, just annoying.

We are going to win.

Torqued pork

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 05, 2016, 09:08:17 am
Hey, if CBB wins three bowl games in a row, he will have earned it!    :razorback:

And thank goodness, Michael Vick isn't walking through that door.   :o
Word is VT's QB is a toy poodle kind of guy. He loves his Snuggles.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 05, 2016, 09:19:32 am
Word is VT's QB is a toy poodle kind of guy. He loves his Snuggles.
Poodle with a Mohawk!  They're not calling him "Fifi" anymore!   >:(

Torqued pork

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 05, 2016, 09:22:37 am

Crap, Tusk will be his next Beggin' Strip. Auburn Part II

EastexHawg

I am finishing my 49th year of watching, listening, and reading everything I can get my hands on about Arkansas football and I have never seen any evidence of your "draw opponents a weight class or two above us" theory.  We have played some highly ranked teams, but we have gone into some of those games pretty highly ranked ourselves.  The last two years we have played awful offensive teams that couldn't have been set up for us any better if we were given our choice of every mediocre but bowl eligible program in America.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 05, 2016, 09:29:04 am
Crap, Tusk will be his next Beggin' Strip. Auburn Part II
I'm actually guilty of talking my girlfriend of giving her poodle a mohawk, back in the 80's.  People would stare at him, and then laugh.  I warned them that he was a fighting Pit Poodle.  Sorry, Rusty.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 05, 2016, 07:17:42 am
Any given Thursday...   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Ha...Following the Mizzou loss, I had posted that I feared we would be relegated to a weekday afternoon bowl time slot. Sure enough...I will likely be working well into halftime. Probably best for everyone though. That will keep me away from the game thread. :)  :razorback:
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

tusksincolorado

You are just itching to burn a couch....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on December 05, 2016, 09:45:18 am
Ha...Following the Mizzou loss, I had posted that I feared we would be relegated to a weekday afternoon bowl time slot. Sure enough...I will likely be working well into halftime. Probably best for everyone though. That will keep me away from the game thread. :)  :razorback:

+1000

Exactly how I feel.  Meh

Our turnout here could be less than the Music City debacle against Minnesota.

buldozer

Well I'm not sure this assessment is all spot on but someone wanted to make sure CBB didn't win 3 in a row thats for sure. I can't imagine what motivated someone to match up a VT team that went down to the wire with a team playing in the CFB playoff for a NC with the Hogs who lost their last game to the worse team in the SEC. And VTs W/L record is two wins better than ours, this matchup just makes no sense to me. I can't see us winning unless VT's QB breaks his leg in the first series

DeshaHog

Quote from: go hogues on December 05, 2016, 08:23:18 am

Yup. This guy is very disconnected. 

Hoggish1

Whoa, are you out to lunch or what...?  Too dumb — LMAO!

Hoggish1

Quote from: HawgTrough on December 05, 2016, 08:18:19 am

MSU had one, too...

Hoggish1

Quote from: go hogues on December 05, 2016, 08:23:18 am

Yep, that's when I started LMAO...

Hogwild

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on December 05, 2016, 08:18:29 am
We're talking ACC vs SEC here.  No doubt VT is a good team but there are probably seven or eight SEC teams who are better.

The ACC beat the SEC more times than not this season. I could have missed a game, but I think the ACC won 6 of the 9 meetings this year.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 05, 2016, 09:22:37 am

That not dog, that pinata. :)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

colbs

I guess the hogs shouldn't even go since the OP already knows the outcome.

Southpointhog

Just a bitter clown!!!!!!

Dont like= Dont watch or Dont Go!

Westcoasthog

BoynamedWhooPigSooie  -  Arkansas deserved the Belk Bowl  - please quit posting negative words against Arkansas.

greenEGnHAWGS

I live in Blacksburg and follow the Hokies, and I personally believe that this is a really good matchup for us. VaTech is a good football team, but they are not dynamic in anything. They did win 9 games and almost won their conference, but they also got hammered by Tennessee, and lost Syracuse and and Georgia Tech. Their offense and defense are both solid, but nothing spectacular.

The only part that semi-worries me is special-teams. VT has always carried the mentality of "Beamer Ball" which places an emphasis ST...something we had struggled with at times. But overall, I think this a game where it just depends which Hogs team comes to play. The Florida/Arkansas-Hogs, or the Auburn/Arkansas-Hogs. 

With that said...PLEASE BEAT THE HOKIES!!! IT WILL BE UNBEARABLE TO LIVE IN B'BURG WEARING MY HOG GEAR IF TECH WINS...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?