Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Robb Smith has to go

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 03, 2016, 08:56:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lasthog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 03, 2016, 10:13:56 pm
And he isn't going anywhere if Bret has anything to do with it.

PRJ

As the guy said, "He'll be gone, gone, gone before that ring on your finger turns green."

He gone.

HogimusMaximus

PRJ

get rid of bret

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on December 04, 2016, 02:34:42 am
get rid of bret

Get rid of the guy who took you to 3 bowl games in a row, has 3 seasons of winning record out of 4 seasons. Especially since he is on the average of your program already.

BRILLIANT!

Al Boarland

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 04, 2016, 12:39:32 am
I talked to one of our linebackers after the game and he pretty much said the same. He also said Brooks is getting burned in coverage because they never take him out. He's basically in on every defensive snap.
Could you ask that LB if CBB rides around practice on a golf cart after the media period?

MuskogeeHogFan

December 04, 2016, 06:15:10 am #54 Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:33:50 am by MuskogeeHogFan

PRJ

I'm not sure that any of us can say one way or the other with any degree of accuracy or confidence, whether Robb Smith will be the DC next year or not.

What I do know is that when you are the worst among all of the P-5 conferences in the number of rushes to rushing TD's allowed (1 TD in every 11.3 rushing attempts), an adjustment of some kind needs to be made. What that adjustment will entail, remains to be seen.

And just to give you a little history, here is our stats by season in terms of the number of rush attempts by our opponents that were required to score one rushing TD and the number of completions required for one passing TD.

Rushing          Passing
2013           21.8 to 1         9.2 to 1
2014           39.0 to 1        11.4 to 1
2015           16.1 to 1        15.6 to 1
2016           11.3 to 1        19.7 to 1

As you can see, the rush scoring defense seems to be getting progressively worse and the pass scoring defense seems to be getting progressively better.
Go Hogs Go!

Me Like Hogs

If some of what is being said in this thread is true and players are losing confidence in the defensive coaching staff, then it can be damaging to the future. I haven't seen any mention of the impact on recruiting. Why would top flight defensive talent agree to play in a system that doesn't work ? We already have trouble recruiting on defense, keeping the staff intact would likely lead recruits to question how they would be used. Those with pro ambitions may see it as a detriment to draft status and go elsewhere.

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 04, 2016, 06:15:10 am
                  Rushing          Passing

Yikes.....

I've always believed that our coordinators could do whatever they wanted with a leash about 6" long. Coach and scheme however you see fit, as long as it's the way BB wants it. That's not so bad...unless it's a disaster, and especially if the head coach is a former defensive coordinator and our worst problems are on that side of the ball.

If he doesn't fire Smith and things don't improve next year, I can't see how he would retain any amount of support other than from JL who will wish he had rolled up that love letter and smoked it as soon as he read it.

The_Bionic_Pig

I'm quite confident something is happening behind the scene's because these recruit's getting in-house visit's would have confirmed Robb Smith return via Twitter by now...

Sending me into a verbal fit.  Point being let's be patient (while monitoring the coaching ticker) for this to play out.

Announcement after the bowl game. (Would be suprised if it's more of a confirmation than announcement because something usually leaks from the team he's going too.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on December 04, 2016, 07:17:22 am
Yikes.....

I've always believed that our coordinators could do whatever they wanted with a leash about 6" long. Coach and scheme however you see fit, as long as it's the way BB wants it. That's not so bad...unless it's a disaster, and especially if the head coach is a former defensive coordinator and our worst problems are on that side of the ball.

If he doesn't fire Smith and things don't improve next year, I can't see how he would retain any amount of support other than from JL who will wish he had rolled up that love letter and smoked it as soon as he read it.

The rushing ratio stat of rushing attempts to rushing TD's is pretty deplorable, worst in all of P-5 football. But the 2016 pass compl to pass TD's is good enough to be 4th in the SEC and there are only 3 to 4 other teams in all of P-5 (aside from the SEC) that have a better ratio. So while we were victimized by big passing plays down field at times this year, the overall numbers rate us among the top 10 in the country in this category. I'll take that kind of improvement. Imagine what the defense might have looked like if the rush defense had improved by the same measure?
Go Hogs Go!

jkstock04

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 03, 2016, 10:45:03 pm
Guys, this has been said more than once, this isn't Smith's defense. Go to YouTube and watch highlights of 2014. You will notice that we blitzed a LOT. We hugged the LOS and forced the action by the offense. Now, as highlights go you won't see many of the times that we got burned and we did get burned several times.

I would think that if you searched for Texas A&M highlights or the Mississippi State highlights you would see several of the burn plays.

I think after that season BB went to Smith and forced him into this new philosophy. My guess is that Smith doesn't like it any better than we do. But, my point is pretty simple, if BB forced this defense on Smith how can he in good conscience fire him? He may go back to him at the end of this season and relent, letting Smith run the defense or he may simply stay the course.

Staying the course will simply lead to even greater failures, because even Smith won't have any confidence in what he is doing. Defensive players will eventually just give up and at that point they will both be done at the University of Arkansas. Coaches can overcome a lot of adversity, but I don't know of any that can overcome losing the team.
I'm with you on this. I think this defense has Bielemas fingerprints on it just as much, but probably more so than Rob Smith. It looks like the exact same BS we ran that first year when Ash was here.

Bielema is supposed to be a defensive minded guy whereas "Petrino didn't care at all about defense." Not sure why majority of our fan base gives Bielema a 100% pass on this.

I still think in the end Rob Smith falls on the sword for Bielema and is gone. But we will see.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

I'm not sure that any of us can say one way or the other with any degree of accuracy or confidence, whether Robb Smith will be the DC next year or not.

What I do know is that when you are the worst among all of the P-5 conferences in the number of rushes to rushing TD's allowed (1 TD in every 11.3 rushing attempts), an adjustment of some kind needs to be made. What that adjustment will entail, remains to be seen.

And just to give you a little history, here is our stats by season in terms of the number of rush attempts by our opponents that were required to score one rushing TD and the number of completions required for one passing TD.

Rushing          Passing

As you can see, the rush scoring defense seems to be getting progressively worse and the pass scoring defense seems to be getting progressively better.
Just curious...but could that have anything to do with teams passing on us less and running on us more?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 04, 2016, 07:40:21 am
I'm with you on this. I think this defense has Bielemas fingerprints on it just as much, but probably more so than Rob Smith. It looks like the exact same BS we ran that first year when Ash was here.

Bielema is supposed to be a defensive minded guy whereas "Petrino didn't care at all about defense." Not sure why majority of our fan base gives Bielema a 100% pass on this.

I still think in the end Rob Smith falls on the sword for Bielema and is gone. But we will see.

I keep hearing this from a lot of the more vocal Anti-Bielema's on here but I am not sure that this is true. I think everyone knows that ultimately, no matter what a Coordinator or Position Coach may do, the buck stops with Bielema. He is overseeing the entire program so he is responsible for success or failure. If you are going to make him responsible for the lack of defensive production, he also has to be responsible for the offense, special teams, etc.

It could be that many realize that he isn't going anywhere for the time being, but that he has to get this fixed, either by hiring someone else or doing whatever he has to do to correct the problem. There just isn't any rational reason to come on here and whine and complain every single day when we all know that there is a problem and it has to be fixed or eventually we will have a new HC who will fix the problems. But there isn't going to be a new HC this coming season so everyone might as well chill.
Go Hogs Go!

jkstock04

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 04, 2016, 07:50:42 am
I keep hearing this from a lot of the more vocal Anti-Bielema's on here but I am not sure that this is true. I think everyone knows that ultimately, no matter what a Coordinator or Position Coach may do, the buck stops with Bielema. He is overseeing the entire program so he is responsible for success or failure. If you are going to make him responsible for the lack of defensive production, he also has to be responsible for the offense, special teams, etc.

It could be that many realize that he isn't going anywhere for the time being, but that he has to get this fixed, either by hiring someone else or doing whatever he has to do to correct the problem. There just isn't any rational reason to come on here and whine and complain every single day when we all know that there is a problem and it has to be fixed or eventually we will have a new HC who will fix the problems. But there isn't going to be a new HC this coming season so everyone might as well chill.
Point to me where I've suggested a change at head coach this season and I'll mail you $100.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 04, 2016, 07:49:37 am
Just curious...but could that have anything to do with teams passing on us less and running on us more?

That's a common theory that folks go to immediately to try understand why this has happened, but teams ran on Florida, A&M, Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, S. Carolina, Ole Miss and Missouri (as a percentage of total snaps) than they did on us. Of course it could be because they were so successful against us when they did run (an avg of 6.2 yds per carry), that they didn't need as many rushing snaps.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 04, 2016, 07:54:13 am
Point to me where I've suggested a change at head coach this season and I'll mail you $100.

Point to me where I mentioned you, specifically. I said, "a lot".
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Rushing          Passing

Exactly why I think you try to keep PR in some capacity if other Defensive coaches leave even though his secondary got skewered by Mizzou.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 04, 2016, 07:49:37 am

It's based on attempts so that doesn't mater.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jkstock04

To go further on this I would point to the fact that Bielema coached defense at Kansas State and of course Wisconsin before being promoted to head coach. This is supposedly a defensive minded guy...the anti-Petrino in this sense as we were sold on upon his hiring.

Think about Saban/Bama. Whenever people used to point out Kirby Smart being a great coach it was always met with the sarcastic 'he's just riding Sabans coat tails that's really Sabans defense." Everyone knows that is Sabans defense.

Being that Bielema is a defensive guy...he was a defensive coordinator for years before becoming head coach, I would say it's safe to say his fingerprints are on this defense more so than a watch from the distance CEO coach. Therefore, I don't understand why he gets a 100% pass as long as Rob Smith gets fired.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 04, 2016, 07:32:13 am
The rushing ratio stat of rushing attempts to rushing TD's is pretty deplorable, worst in all of P-5 football. But the 2016 pass compl to pass TD's is good enough to be 4th in the SEC and there are only 3 to 4 other teams in all of P-5 (aside from the SEC) that have a better ratio. So while we were victimized by big passing plays down field at times this year, the overall numbers rate us among the top 10 in the country in this category. I'll take that kind of improvement. Imagine what the defense might have looked like if the rush defense had improved by the same measure?

agree on improvement from DB's... problem was the rush defense and pass rush, last year it was just pass rush and DB's.. depth/talent at LB, especially after losing Greenlaw, showed.... and lack of SEC talent along the DL.. good part here is our freshman played and several redshirted ... for the defense sake, hopefully or RFr from this year are players...

longpig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 04, 2016, 08:01:28 am
Point to me where I mentioned you, specifically. I said, "a lot".

You didn't even try.
Don't be scared, be smart.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 04, 2016, 08:13:04 am
To go further on this I would point to the fact that Bielema coached defense at Kansas State and of course Wisconsin before being promoted to head coach. This is supposedly a defensive minded guy...the anti-Petrino in this sense as we were sold on upon his hiring.

Think about Saban/Bama. Whenever people used to point out Kirby Smart being a great coach it was always met with the sarcastic 'he's just riding Sabans coat tails that's really Sabans defense." Everyone knows that is Sabans defense.

Being that Bielema is a defensive guy...he was a defensive coordinator for years before becoming head coach, I would say it's safe to say his fingerprints are on this defense more so than a watch from the distance CEO coach. Therefore, I don't understand why he gets a 100% pass as long as Rob Smith gets fired.

Point is, JK, Bielema is ultimately responsible for everything and I think everyone knows that. He intervened on the O-Line as well. Why? He's the HC. Yes he has a defensive background but every HC has his "fingerprints" all over his program. That's the whole point of hiring a "Head" Coach. I don't think anyone is giving him a pass.
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 04, 2016, 08:28:47 am
Point is, JK, Bielema is ultimately responsible for everything and I think everyone knows that. He intervened on the O-Line as well. Why? He's the HC. Yes he has a defensive background but every HC has his "fingerprints" all over his program. That's the whole point of hiring a "Head" Coach. I don't think anyone is giving him a pass.

Exactly. Based on a lot of the comments on here including some of mine he sure as heck isn't getting a "pass" on Hogville.

jkstock04

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 04, 2016, 08:12:35 am
It's based on attempts so that doesn't mater.
I still sort of think teams could have thrown bombs on us all day like Mizzou did had they wanted to, but didn't have to. Quick search of first 3 teams that came to mind:

Auburn ran the ball 57 times. Passed the ball 12 times.
Bama ran the ball 34 times. Passed the ball 17 times.
A&M ran the ball 37 times. Passed the ball 22 times.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Little Lady Back

Good Post!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 04, 2016, 08:31:06 am
I still sort of think teams could have thrown bombs on us all day like Mizzou did had they wanted to, but didn't have to. Quick search of first 3 teams that came to mind:

It's basic statistics. The stat is working off a percentage so it doesn't matter.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 03, 2016, 10:40:32 pm
Really? What about their wives? You might want to investigate just a bit more.

PRJ

You might want to revisit your assumption that you know what's going to happen with Arkansas's coaching staff.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Bielema wants to do what will help recruiting the most. If continuity through signing day helps the most, that's what he will do. If it's continuity through the bowl game, that's what he will do. If you believe he can't change his staff after the bowl or NSD, you don't know much about the subject.
[CENSORED]!

jkstock04

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 04, 2016, 08:28:47 am
Sure seems to me like all the blame is placed at the feet of Rob Smith & firing & replacing him is 100% the answer to everything. That "solution" does not make logical sense to me.

I would be willing to bet if he were forced to drink some truth juice and asked a few questions it would go against the common line of thought around here.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

longpig

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 04, 2016, 08:31:06 am

You don't think OM, Florida and Miss. St.  would have aired it out against us if they thought they could? 

jkstock04

Quote from: longpig on December 04, 2016, 08:39:59 am
You don't think OM, Florida and Miss. St.  would have aired it out against us if they thought they could? 
Ole Miss for sure came at us with the pass and we played well enough for the win there. Passing attack with Chad Kelly is kind of their thing obviously.

But overall I would imagine teams saw the Auburn and Bama games figuring how weak were against the run and probably tried exploiting that.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Kevin

I don't care about personal crap.

There needs to be some soul searching on our defensive philosophy

You don't have to be a football genius to know there is a problem.

Time to adjust coach
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Lake City Hog

I really don't understand the burning desire to get rid of Smith and Segrest. Are you people so thick that you cannot see that if we brought in Nick Saban he would run the same defense that we are running now???

THIS is BB's DEFENSE and until he decides to change the basic philosophy this is what we will run.

WarHog38

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 04, 2016, 10:03:48 am
I really don't understand the burning desire to get rid of Smith and Segrest. Are you people so thick that you cannot see that if we brought in Nick Saban he would run the same defense that we are running now???

THIS is BB's DEFENSE and until he decides to change the basic philosophy this is what we will run.
The word "change" is what should be highlighted. Because without "change" this whole coaching staff including BB is gone within two years. The big donors and ticket buying fans will DEMAND it.

HamSammich

Guys, this has been said more than once, this isn't Smith's defense. Go to YouTube and watch highlights of 2014. You will notice that we blitzed a LOT. We hugged the LOS and forced the action by the offense. Now, as highlights go you won't see many of the times that we got burned and we did get burned several times.

I would think that if you searched for Texas A&M highlights or the Mississippi State highlights you would see several of the burn plays.

I think after that season BB went to Smith and forced him into this new philosophy. My guess is that Smith doesn't like it any better than we do. But, my point is pretty simple, if BB forced this defense on Smith how can he in good conscience fire him? He may go back to him at the end of this season and relent, letting Smith run the defense or he may simply stay the course.

Staying the course will simply lead to even greater failures, because even Smith won't have any confidence in what he is doing. Defensive players will eventually just give up and at that point they will both be done at the University of Arkansas. Coaches can overcome a lot of adversity, but I don't know of any that can overcome losing the team.

YouTube? You don't have dvr? I've watched the last two years on the last two weeks. The defense hasn't changed. We blitz or stunt right at 26% of every game. It's consistent. The difference is execution. Our defenders are pathetic this year.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 04, 2016, 10:03:48 am

This is his offense as well. His kicking game, his return game. Everything about this program belongs to him and he is responsible for the success or failure of the entire program. I certainly hope that no one is so "thick" that they don't realize this.

Now if you brought in Nick Saban and paid him 10 mil a year to be here, a lot of things might change in terms of recruiting, staff, philosophy, etc. But that is a moot point because the incentives that we offer recruits cannot even be compared to those which Alabama offers and Nick would never even land here because of those limitations.
Go Hogs Go!

Pork Twain

Quote from: King Kong on December 03, 2016, 10:35:13 pm
CBB isn't friends with Robb. Even said it in a presser in Smiths first year.

Now he was and is good friends with Ash who goes with CBB, Doeren and Partridge on their summer fishing trip. And Ash didn't make it more than one season

Below is a video with CBB talking the issues with Ash

Take PRJ for what he is.  Probably a great guy but he only comes here during dark times and only to stir the pot.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Lake City Hog

38, my point is simply that changing DC or position coach or both will NOT fix the problem. The problem is our basic philosophy and that can only change thru the HC.

Now, to clarify, I am STILL NOT calling for BB to be fired! This is his show for 2 more seasons and he should run the program the way that he sees fit. I don't think he would be fired after year 6 if he wins 7 + a bowl that year. It could take another season or so of mediocrity for the PTB to finally make a move. We could be looking at 2020 before we see a new guy on the sidelines.

Think about that for a few minutes and you will better understand why I am so hopeful that BB is able to pull it together and fix our problems. Did the Wisconsin/Penn St game look eerily familiar last night? Wisconsin goes up big, the other team makes some adjustments and Wisconsin keeps doing the same thing and loses at the end?????

farmhawg

you are correct but the apologists still have to have someone else to blame.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Lake City Hog

Musky, I meant bring him in as DC--- you know sarcasm!

Obviously they are if they really think that changing asst coaches is going to fix our problems!
People wanting to fire the DC and/or the position coach are simply being reactionary. Yeah you bring in 2 new people, but guess what, they will coach the same way!!!

Hoggish1

PRJ

and you know this how? 

Sed76

I'm not saying it is or isn't because I don't know but for those saying this is Coach B's defense and not on Smith I have a question. That would be Coach B has changed his offense and it's definitely helped so why would he be so opposed to changing the defense? If we had a defense that was even just adequate we would have won at least 2 more games this year. Why would he not want to get that fixed ASAP?

Hoggish1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 03, 2016, 10:25:21 pm
Best friends are hard to seperate.

PRJ

and, once again, you know this how?

Hoggish1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 03, 2016, 10:40:32 pm
Really? What about their wives? You might want to investigate just a bit more.

PRJ

Ah, so this is why.  Got it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 04, 2016, 10:32:23 am
Musky, I meant bring him in as DC--- you know sarcasm!

People wanting to fire the DC and/or the position coach are simply being reactionary. Yeah you bring in 2 new people, but guess what, they will coach the same way!!!

The reality is that neither you, me or anyone else knows this to be entirely true. It is certainly true that HC's hire guys who they believe mesh with their own philosophy, but I don't think I ever remember seeing this kind of BBDB defensive philosophy from Bielema when he was at Wisconsin. Is he dominating the defensive philosophy or is he mostly allowing Robb Smith to execute his philosophy with the personnel we have on hand? Unless any of us are in the staff meetings, I doubt that we can say with any degree of certainty. What we can do is theorize, project, guess, hypothesize etc. Bottom line is none of us know but we nonetheless repeatedly vent and post as if we do know what is going on.

I'm not happy with the way things are and I want to see the problems fixed just like everyone else. But nobody on here is a college football genius and none of us have the experience of this coaching staff and none of us are getting paid millions (or hundreds of thousands) to make these decisions.

I think there will be changes made simply because the defensive outcome has been so bad this year and while Bielema is overall responsible, you have to have a DC that is strong enough to make his case so that the HC allows him to do his thing. In the last 2 years, Robb Smith has failed to do this. Yeah, Bielema has input, but he isn't running the whole doggone defense or making every call on every play. He's responsible without a doubt, but he isn't the only one and if a HC has to run everything, why even have a Coordinator?

That's why there could be a new DC this year and whether there is or there isn't, if things don't turn around pretty quickly, we could have a new HC in another year or two. Why? Because ultimately, the entire responsibility falls in Bielema's lap (for all those of you who think he is being given a pass).
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 03, 2016, 11:53:17 pm
I think Segrist goes. Probably to the NFL. But he will do it on his terms. Rhoades may get another offer. But I think those are the two moves that are most likely.

I hope Enos can't be lured away.

PRJ

You should understand that CBB does not FIRE people.  It is his style to make it look like the coach found a better position—one that is more his style.  Three years of observing CBB about coaching changes should have told you how he does it. 

CBB's method for coaching changes keeps the bridges open for everyone.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: longpig on December 04, 2016, 08:39:59 am

Did Ole Piss run the ball against us?

HamSammich

As much as you hate it... PJR is correct in this thread.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 04, 2016, 11:02:55 am
You should understand that CBB does not FIRE people.  It is his style to make it look like the coach found a better position—one that is more his style.  Three years of observing CBB about coaching changes should have told you how he does it. 

CBB's method for coaching changes keeps the bridges open for everyone.

I understand everything. I also understand the closeness of two of the people involved between the Bielema's and the Smith's. It isn't hard to find, isn't some inside information..as a matter of fact, if you have 2 brain cells to rub together, you can find it pretty easily.

Point is, Bret doesnt want Robb gone. Yes, if a better opportunity came along, maybe he goes but that will be he goes, if he was to go.

Bret is hoping for a good performance out of the defense at the bowl so this all can be forgotten...

But keep on attacking.

PRJ

KennyForAD

December 04, 2016, 01:13:46 pm #98 Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:27:05 pm by KennyForAD
Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 03, 2016, 11:40:37 pm
It still baffles me that so many people on here know more than the man being paid millions of dollars. You aren't professional coaches, most of you have probably never even played football. But you know better than a man who has 12 years of college football coaching experience. Maybe Jeff Long should be perusing Hogville for the razorbacks new head coach.

Sorry, but you don't get to make the, "Coach is smarter than all of you" argument after losing to MISSOURI.   That argument only makes sense if you're talking about losing to elites like Bama or LSU.   

I know he lost to Mizzou.  That's all I NEED to know.   The only explanation for it is incompetence, which is plain and undeniable.  Either BB fixes it, or we have to get a new head coach who is competent.

longpig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2016, 01:13:18 pm
I understand everything. I also understand the closeness of two of the people involved between the Bielema's and the Smith's. It isn't hard to find, isn't some inside information..as a matter of fact, if you have 2 brain cells to rub together, you can find it pretty easily.

Point is, Bret doesnt want Robb gone. Yes, if a better opportunity came along, maybe he goes but that will be he goes, if he was to go.

Bret is hoping for a good performance out of the defense at the bowl so this all can be forgotten...

But keep on attacking.

PRJ

Could you stop doing this?