Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Setting the Edge gives way to The Mesh Point

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, December 03, 2016, 12:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Setting the edge is so yesterday.  I'm watching Oklahoma v. OSU and Spencer Tillman has already mentioned three times that plays have been blown up at The Mesh Point.

I'm wondering where that is?  Is it a scenic overlook?  A peninsula into Lake Ouachita?  It must be a popular place because it's the football phrase of the week.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jgphillips3

Im not sure but I think a lot of women are involved in a product liability lawsuit regarding the mesh point.

PonderinHog

onebadrubi

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 03, 2016, 12:11:01 pm
Setting the edge is so yesterday.  I'm watching Oklahoma v. OSU and Spencer Tillman has already mentioned three times that plays have been blown up at The Mesh Point.

I'm wondering where that is?  Is it a scenic overlook?  A peninsula into Lake Ouachita?  It must be a popular place because it's the football phrase of the week.

The split second where the QB and RB meet and QB decides whether to give or keep in a variety of option concepts.

In this case, we wanted to present our data on the varying methods coaches are using to teach the mesh game in both midline and veer option concepts.  Decades ago this never would have been a topic of conversation or an interest of research because all option coaches were operating under Center.  But with the advent of the Pistol formation, which XandOLabs.com presented an entire special report on its dynamics- we've found many coaches are either committing fully to running option exclusively out of the Pistol formation or finding a way to integrate both.

But before we submit our research, it's important to decipher the difference between midline and veer option.  To most option coaches, the difference is as follows:

Midline Option is, for the most part, a double option concept in which the first level B gap defender is the HOK (hand off key).
(Inside) Veer Option is a triple option concept in which the first level C gap defender is the HOK (hand off key).
(Outside) Veer Option is a triple option concept in which the first level D gap defender is the HOK (hand off key).

http://www.xandolabs.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2124:option-case-1-qb-footwork-and-the-mesh-game1&catid=94&Itemid=162
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

^^^^That's a mesh to read, they should have been more succinct, and to the point.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 03, 2016, 12:35:55 pm
The split second where the QB and RB meet and QB decides whether to give or keep in a variety of option concepts.

In this case, we wanted to present our data on the varying methods coaches are using to teach the mesh game in both midline and veer option concepts.  Decades ago this never would have been a topic of conversation or an interest of research because all option coaches were operating under Center.  But with the advent of the Pistol formation, which XandOLabs.com presented an entire special report on its dynamics- we've found many coaches are either committing fully to running option exclusively out of the Pistol formation or finding a way to integrate both.

But before we submit our research, it's important to decipher the difference between midline and veer option.  To most option coaches, the difference is as follows:

Midline Option is, for the most part, a double option concept in which the first level B gap defender is the HOK (hand off key).
(Inside) Veer Option is a triple option concept in which the first level C gap defender is the HOK (hand off key).
(Outside) Veer Option is a triple option concept in which the first level D gap defender is the HOK (hand off key).

http://www.xandolabs.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2124:option-case-1-qb-footwork-and-the-mesh-game1&catid=94&Itemid=162

Thanks 'skogee.  And here I was about to call a toll free number to try to get some free money. 

Now I'll have to go back to work Monday morning.      >:(
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

racinghog

The mesh is when the QB meshes or hands the ball to the running back. Much has been said about RB's and blocking but some have problems taking a handoff smoothly.

Kevin

John Chavis says that is what the defense must attack
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

carolinahogger