39 (15.6%)
Taxslayer Jacksonville, FL
11 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 250

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Hogwild

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 02, 2016, 07:10:26 pm
Kentucky v NC State in the independence.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/2016/11/15/bowl-gets-good-news-latest-cfp-ranking/93942284/

that's from 9:13 p.m. CST November 15, 2016, Kentucky is going to the Gator Bowl.

QuoteVaughts' Views @vaughtsviews
NOthing official but source I trust tells me it looks like UK has been slotted to play in Jacksonville on dec. 31. Kudos to @UKMitchBarnhart

pignparadise

"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

HoopS

I love hogville.

I'm prepared for Birmingham, Shreveport, Nashville, Charlotte, Houston and a mystery site. All are rock solid locks.

Meaning at best, only one of you has good info and quite likely none of you really have a dang clue.

But I love you all anyway.

I need more.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: HoopS on December 02, 2016, 09:19:37 pm
I love hogville.

I'm prepared for Birmingham, Shreveport, Nashville, Charlotte, Houston and a mystery site. All are rock solid locks.

Meaning at best, only one of you has good info and quite likely none of you really have a dang clue.

But I love you all anyway.

I need more.
Folks inside the athletic dept are hearing Belk

HoopS

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on December 02, 2016, 09:23:05 pm
that, I do not doubt. I did say one may have a clue. :)

Mr. Porkleone

Funny how Birmingham bowl is getting picked because of little Wally. Wally wants to sell papers. Going to Birmingham would be major disappointment

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

YtownHog

Birmingham and Shreveport get the leftovers.  There is no way in my opinion, these bowls that get first pick are going to pick Vandy or USC over us. Hearing the Belk considering USC because of geography does put a small wrench in my thinking though.  Kentucky getting a better bowl than us would surprise me too. 

hoglady

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2016, 03:38:48 pm
Why do people keep repeating the mantra-"No way we go to birmingham or shreveport". Yeah, dude, the first part is true but the second?...watch and see. That loss to Missou is all the excuse they need to stick us in Shreveport. And Indy Bowl has been wanting us back for years. And we already hit the Texas Bowl and Liberty Bowl. They aren't sending us to North Carolina, and if we had beaten Mizzou I bet Taxslayer would have been the one. But now? Indy.

We have to agree for the SEC to send us to Shreveport, but I bet that's where we end up.
We ended the season on a sour note and we are at this point probably the least attractive SEC team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: YtownHog on December 02, 2016, 10:06:49 pm
Birmingham and Shreveport get the leftovers.  There is no way in my opinion, these bowls that get first pick are going to pick Vandy or USC over us. Hearing the Belk considering USC because of geography does put a small wrench in my thinking though.  Kentucky getting a better bowl than us would surprise me too. 

Kentucky ended their season with a win over Louisville - their team and fan base are excited.
They will get a better bowl than us.

Pig in the Pokey

yep. hoglady gets it. But, guys, ALL of these bowls are pretty much the same except for ONE thing, and that thing isn't prestige. It's recruiting. Therefore, IMO, Texas Bowl, Independence Bowl, and Taxslayer Bowl are the 3 that would pay possible recruiting dividends. I hope we aren't in the discussion for it for years to come, BUT THIS YEAR, a bowl game in Louisiana is choice!!
Think about it. A bowl game in our hottest recruiting state, the same state where we got BLOCKED from even having a satellite camp!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hogwild

"Being Jeff Long"

What do you want?

QuoteBelk Bowl Dec. 29, 2016 4:30
Charlotte North Carolina
vs Virginia Tech

or

Independence Bowl Dec. 26, 2016 4:00
Shreveport, Louisiana
vs Wake Forest/NC State

Hogwild

Quote from: hoglady on December 02, 2016, 10:12:08 pm
We ended the season on a sour note and we are at this point probably the least attractive SEC team.

SEC teams that ended the season on a sour note=

Georgia
Tennessee
Auburn
Ole Miss
A&M
Arkansas

Know who didn't Kentucky.  The Wildcats were a 26.5 point underdog to Louisville.  Petrino screwed us again.

hogoffate

Know who didn't Kentucky.  The Wildcats were a 26.5 point underdog to Louisville.  Petrino screwed us again.

Now that's funny

Jackrabbit Hog

I wonder if David Bazzel could throw that War Memorial Stadium bowl together that's been discussed for years?  Judging by the reactions, lots of you would rather go to the Crips 'n Bloods Bowl than most of the others.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hoglady on December 02, 2016, 10:13:39 pm
Kentucky ended their season with a win over Louisville - their team and fan base are excited.
They will get a better bowl than us.

If it's a bowl such as the Belk or Gator/Taxslayer where they have to travel, they won't get picked over us.

longpig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 03, 2016, 08:01:06 am
I wonder if David Bazzel could throw that War Memorial Stadium bowl together that's been discussed for years?  Judging by the reactions, lots of you would rather go to the Crips 'n Bloods Bowl than most of the others.

I don't know, but it makes me nervous when he's quiet. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogcard1964

If it's close, ya know?  That Shreveport recruiting base and all.

ricepig

They haven't thrown up Christmas lights around the stadium yet, have they?

TNhawgfan

Nashville and I'm definitely there. Charlotte and i may still go. Birmingham and Shreveport are too far for me for such a sucky bowl
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hogcard1964

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 03, 2016, 08:55:10 am
Nashville and I'm definitely there. Charlotte and i may still go. Birmingham and Shreveport are too far for me for such a sucky bowl

It'll be Nashville.  Great town.  For those that'll be making the trip, check out Jack's on Broadway. Incredible pulled pork.  There's actually a lot to do in that area.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Hogwild on December 03, 2016, 01:33:04 am
"Being Jeff Long"

What do you want?

At this point neither really matters.  Just get through it injury free.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogcard1964

hogcard1964

Believe it or not The Outback may still be in play.  This one has it between the Outback, Music City and Liberty.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2016/12/3/13826612/sec-bowl-projections-the-finale

ronnie.lambert

hogcard1964

code red

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 03, 2016, 09:15:18 am
Yes, and they still want them as does the Liberty.
Liberty....I can agree with that.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 03, 2016, 09:28:21 am
No, we would send less than 5,000 fans there.

You mean like a reconnaissance mission?  Imagine how many might go if they went voluntarily.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HogFanOSU

Here's my question.  Do the various bowls get to select teams in a prederminded order (i.e. a draft), or does the SEC asign teams to specific bowls, and do the schools themselves have any say in the matter, or is it a negociated collaboration between all the bowls, the SEC, and the schools?

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on December 02, 2016, 07:07:47 pm
http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/dec/02/belk-bowl-director-likes-sound-hogs/

I could almost read that as an wish by the Belk Bowl director to trade Arkansas for South Carolina with the Hogs going to Shreveport.

I could see JL & CBB going along with that because it might help Louisiana recruiting and of course Arkansas would have the home field advantage.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: HogFanOSU on December 03, 2016, 12:28:26 pm
Here's my question.  Do the various bowls get to select teams in a prederminded order (i.e. a draft), or does the SEC asign teams to specific bowls, and do the schools themselves have any say in the matter, or is it a negociated collaboration between all the bowls, the SEC, and the schools?

1 - CFP

2 - 2nd highest CFP ranking goes to Sugar if it isn't hosting a semi

3 - Next highest CFP ranking to other open NYD6 if selected (none this year)

4 - Next best SEC record or within 1 win is Citrus pick

5-10 - Next six in pool of six.  Effectively chosen by SEC Office

11 - Birmingham

12 - Indy

hogcard1964

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on December 03, 2016, 12:07:12 pm
You mean like a reconnaissance mission?  Imagine how many might go if they went voluntarily.

Lol

I'm guessing about 3 thousand.

my3boneheads

We have played in the Texas and Liberty so those are out more than likely although I think those are the best geographic placement for a 7-5 Hog team. Some are saying the Belk but it is on the east coast along with the other bowls so to me it looks like the Indy Bowl or Birmingham.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 03, 2016, 09:03:11 am
It'll be Nashville.  Great town.  For those that'll be making the trip, check out Jack's on Broadway. Incredible pulled pork.  There's actually a lot to do in that area.

Just don't use Jack's sauce (Jack's Kansas City Style Sauce).  It is terrible.

I have eaten in the neighborhood of 50 different BBQ sauces from Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Tennessee, Alabama, and South Carolina (not 50 from each State, but those States make up the 50), and Jack's Kansas City Style Sauce from Jack's in Nashville is one of the worst I have had.

code red

Strawberry's in Holcomb MO has the best butt in the universe.

ricepig

Quote from: code red on December 03, 2016, 06:10:26 pm

This^^^ it's worth the drive.............from Texass.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: code red on December 03, 2016, 06:10:26 pm

Yes!!! They sell their rub online...by the way.
Unless you're lucky enough to live nearby.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hawginbigd1

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on December 02, 2016, 09:23:05 pm
Well I just landed in charlotte is there someone the department needs me to go talk to?;)

TNhawgfan

Vol nation is 100% convinced they are playing Nebraska in music city and we are playing va tech in belk. Could be a lot worse

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 03, 2016, 07:47:01 pm
Vol nation is 100% convinced they are playing Nebraska in music city and we are playing va tech in belk. Could be a lot worse

I'd be shocked if Vols don't end up in Nashville.  Would love to play VT.  Anything is better than another Big10 or 12 team.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 03, 2016, 07:49:01 pm
I'd be shocked if Vols don't end up in Nashville.  Would love to play VT.  Anything is better than another Big10 or 12 team.
They do have a physical, mobile qb though. We would have to score a lot to win

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 03, 2016, 07:56:11 pm
They do have a physical, mobile qb though. We would have to score a lot to win

We have to score a bunch of points no matter who we play.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

(notOM)Rebel123

Tim McGraw is playing a concert a few hours before the Belk Bowl as part of fan Fest.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

kp72204

I think Belk, because i saw it on Hawgsports.

tophawg19

Va Tech isa team we want no part of . mobile powerful QB . fast WR's and strong defense . they just gave Clemson fits
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins