Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CLARKE VS OU'S WARREN

Started by pharm, January 03, 2009, 11:21:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pharm

I didn't know their was issues with them according to ou board..

http://ouhoops.com/showthread.php?t=1770

COCHISE

Quote from: pharm on January 03, 2009, 11:21:11 pm
I didn't know their was issues with them according to ou board..

http://ouhoops.com/showthread.php?t=1770
I'm not sure if there was a "falling out" but they did get to be friends while playing the AAU circuit and had talked about going to school together.  Warren then went out and committed/decommitted to a couple of schools before deciding on Ok.

KENDALLF

yea i think i read somewhere they played AAU ball together not 100% though
My sports world is finally looking up. The Hogs are back, my Texans are improving, and if only the Rangers would get some dang pitching!

hawgfan80

I have no idea about any rift and don't know a lot about Warren...but he's ridiculously good.

Dirty

It doesn't matter about how many WW scored against the hogs. What they think about Clarke vs Warren.  This is what matters.

Clarke - 1
Warren - 0

Just win baby!

WMHawgfan

Yeah I remember on the broadcast they said he kept saying I got 15. He's my man. I wonder if he wanted to guard Rotnei because he had issues with him. I prefer to think he wanted to guard Rotnei because he wanted no part of guarding Courtney.

HawgAdvocate

January 04, 2009, 11:08:57 am #6 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:13:34 am by HawgAdvocate
One of the posts from that thread.

"He chose to go somewhere else. OU recruited him and recruited him hard. Cline told me that they were going to get him and I believe they would have gotten both. They had the falling out about going to the same college. Warren wouldn't go to UK or KU where Clarke wanted to go. He committed to Baylor which upset Clarke. Clarke and his dad were banking on Warren to go to those schools so that his offer could stand. UK rescinded Clarke's offer after Warren didn't show up. They don't talk about it, but that's what it came down to. "

That could explain the fallout.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

KENDALLF

January 04, 2009, 12:04:10 pm #7 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:07:23 pm by KENDALLF
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 04, 2009, 11:08:57 am
One of the posts from that thread.

"He chose to go somewhere else. OU recruited him and recruited him hard. Cline told me that they were going to get him and I believe they would have gotten both. They had the falling out about going to the same college. Warren wouldn't go to UK or KU where Clarke wanted to go. He committed to Baylor which upset Clarke. Clarke and his dad were banking on Warren to go to those schools so that his offer could stand. UK rescinded Clarke's offer after Warren didn't show up. They don't talk about it, but that's what it came down to. "

That could explain the fallout.
Who knows what really happen OU fans  may say that cause they are upset they couldn't get him and now are saying he went to Arkansas cause he couldn't get in to UK either way i don't care im glad we got him. WPS  :razorback:
My sports world is finally looking up. The Hogs are back, my Texans are improving, and if only the Rangers would get some dang pitching!

COCHISE

The OU fans show their ignorance in that thread, one states that he would rather have Warren for 1 year than have Clarke for 4.  WTH??  Warren will be a one and done, he may have a stellar freshman year but he will have little positive impact on Oklahoma's basketball program in the long run, I would much rather have the guy that is going to be on the team, averaging double digits for the next 4 years.

razorbackfan4life

Exactly.  Florida won back-to-back championships with guys who stayed and learned the system.  They beat an Ohio State team with 2 starters who were one and done.  Can't win championships with guys like that.

newhog

That is pure bs,rot had plenty of offers till the end.Kentucky couldn't get him to commit,Ku couldn't get him to commit and Pel told him he had a scholly till the end that is one of the main reasons he chose Arkansas.He and Willie had a big falling out in Vegas before their senior year.He still had offers by those schools long after that.Billie g. pulled of Willie long before Rot decided to not go to Kentucky.If someone thinks it was Rots fault fault you don't know the story,He pulled out of OU once Willie committed to OU Capel wanted him to the end.Believe what you want.

COCHISE

Quote from: newhog on January 04, 2009, 06:34:12 pm
That is pure bs,rot had plenty of offers till the end.Kentucky couldn't get him to commit,Ku couldn't get him to commit and Pel told him he had a scholly till the end that is one of the main reasons he chose Arkansas.He and Willie had a big falling out in Vegas before their senior year.He still had offers by those schools long after that.Billie g. pulled of Willie long before Rot decided to not go to Kentucky.If someone thinks it was Rots fault fault you don't know the story,He pulled out of OU once Willie committed to OU Capel wanted him to the end.Believe what you want.
We know the truth newhog...I'm sure there's just some hard feelings from some in Oklahoma that Rotnei decided to go out of state so they just make this crap up to make themselves feel better.

GS99

Quote from: newhog on January 04, 2009, 06:34:12 pm
If someone thinks it was Rots fault fault you don't know the story,
...Believe what you want.

Someone is pretending to know more than they really know and is spreading inaccurate information on a sports message board?  I'm shocked!

Hey, Willie is a great player, he scored 18 of OU's first 23 pts Tuesday, mostly creating his own shot.  But we're thrilled to have Rotnei.  To give them credit, most of the OU posters declined to take the bait; most said good things about Rotnei.

The comparison to Mark Price is interesting.  I'd never put the two together.  I guess they're both average size white guys from Oklahoma.  It's a rule that you can only compare white guys to other white guys.

SupportOurHawgs

there are some nice youtube videos of clarke vs warren..

southeasthog

Quote from: GS99 on January 04, 2009, 07:29:28 pm

The comparison to Mark Price is interesting.  I'd never put the two together.  I guess they're both average size white guys from Oklahoma.  It's a rule that you can only compare white guys to other white guys.

Mark Price was a PG who could shoot. RC is a SG who can handle the ball somewhat. There is no comparison to the two except than being short white guys.

Marc Maggard

Arkansas got the better of the two players.....regardless of athletic performance....  A kid like Rotnei helps the ENTIRE team be a good team and that's what you want from a college player.

mm

jackflash

Both or great players, like the one we got. If the future would like to see the Hogs get a 6-6 or 6-7 player of Warren abilities.

dougieritch

If W. Warren keeps putting together 30+ point games, he'll only be there one year.  Plus it doesn't hurt having an All-American Post player on your team to give you open looks.

pfrg999

Nobody cares over here in Oklahoma about a feud...except they wish Rotnie was at OU or OSU or TU or ORU... It all depends on who you talk to and their alligence... There are some like me who are quite happy where he is... Trust me its all National Championship all the time... It's OU/Fla over here right now with 70% want the Sooners to win and 30% want them to lose (Diehard OSU Fans)...

And I am lovin my HOGS.... BEAT TEXAS....

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

newhog

Willie is a great kid,He has had some messed up things happen to him or he would be a different kid.His sophmore summer he stayed with Rot for 2 weeks.He went gocarting,fishing,small cliffdiving,he had never done any of that stuff and he acted perfect.I wish e and Rot were still friends they used to be tight.