Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Arkansas Football Signing Class Projections

Started by Tomhog™, December 14, 2010, 02:45:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Harris

philobeddoe

Quote from: tbharris on February 01, 2012, 12:20:40 pm
Not sure.....didn't go to Juco like most expected.

Wonder how big that rascle is now?

hogsanity

Quote from: nwarazfan on February 01, 2012, 12:09:16 pm
It doesn't make sense from a football perspective especially with Paul coming back.  This class also was presented with an opportunity to play right away. 

Next class will be a qb class.  Hope we aren't saying the same thing.

It makes perfect sense, from the standpoint of the top WR's.  Why come here where they know they are going to share touches with 4 or 5 other really good Wr's when they can go somehwere else and get targeted 10+ times a game. 

What makes no sense to me is not signing any DT's.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

kingofdequeen

elkhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 01, 2012, 10:35:22 am
Really. Most of our classes have never ranked very high in the grand scheme of things. YET we have gone from a bad season CBP's first year here with Nutty's recruits to TWO ten win seasons. MAYBE CBP knows something you and I don't know.

Yea.  How to coach kids up.  Thank goodness.

Imagine where we could be with just more 4*'s.  Heck, he could take a vacation by just adding a few 5*'s.
GO HOGS!!!

kingofdequeen

SweetSassyMolassy

Per Davenport:

Dean counts for 2011, not this year.

Diamond signs Friday.

Winston has signed his LOI for Ark.

Gardner no longer had Arkansas for an option, thus OU.

blacksuit

Quote from: hogsanity on February 01, 2012, 12:41:18 pm
It makes perfect sense, from the standpoint of the top WR's.  Why come here where they know they are going to share touches with 4 or 5 other really good Wr's when they can go somehwere else and get targeted 10+ times a game. 

I agree on the DTs simply because that's a position where you can never have too many, but perhaps there's a good reason. I don't watch the roster and recruiting battles very closely.

CallThemHawgs!

Cant believe CG was turned away.... I dont get that one.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: CallThemHawgs! on February 01, 2012, 01:26:54 pm

if by turned away you mean "he must take more classes this summer to qualify at UA or go ahead and go to OU w/o the extra work", then yeah...he got turned away.

kingofdequeen

some genius said that CG was the football equivalent of Ricardo Ratliffe.

lots of truth to that.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Chief Mac

Quote from: CallThemHawgs! on February 01, 2012, 01:26:54 pm

academics...he is eligible at OU as opposed to having to go to summer school in order to enroll at Arkansas
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

AcePigtura

Quote from: jbcarol on February 01, 2012, 02:10:20 pm
http://recruiting.arpreps.com/2012/02/01/dean-on-board/

Richard notes a correction that Dean will count toward 2012.

So we're at 23 now? With Jacobs, Diamond, Gregory, and Philon still out?

The coaches pursuing Philon so strongly leads me to believe that Jacobs and/or Diamond is out of the equation.

cityhog

We will fill al 25 right?  I mean what happens if we wait on diamond at this point? That's just one?  Everyone else is kind of off the radar right now that could fill last 2 slots. Will these be plan c guys?

Oliver

Quote from: AcePigtura on February 01, 2012, 02:32:47 pm
So we're at 23 now? With Jacobs, Diamond, Gregory, and Philon still out?

The coaches pursuing Philon so strongly leads me to believe that Jacobs and/or Diamond is out of the equation.

Seems like it.  So no Diamond or Jacobs and now Philon is choosing to gray shirt instead of taking a scholly with us. 

This day sucks.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Cure

Very good class, especially defensively, a hell of a job closing.

Win some and you lose some, but I do know Petrino gets the best out of his players.

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

nwarazfan

Quote from: hogsanity on February 01, 2012, 12:41:18 pm

Our wr's don't share that many touches.  We have two main targets and sometimes a 3rd.  Then it drops off as far as wr's.  Our TE position does get a number of touches as well.  50-70 catches for a season is a lot of balls thrown their way and it is what our top 2 wr's get.  We had at least one spot available for a player to immediately to step into that role. 

I don't understand not signing DT either.  But that is a different conversation than this one. 

Oklahawg

And a TE (Dean) and a DT (Philon) - how's that for the anticipated "Petrino surprise"?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Cure on February 01, 2012, 03:24:46 pm
Very good class, especially defensively, a hell of a job closing.

Win some and you lose some, but I do know Petrino gets the best out of his players.

We need defense more than anything immediately.  Never gonna really compete with Bama til we can get them off the field and give our offense maximum possessions.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

RyanLR

Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but I think this is a good class for CBP. He got all his needs taken care of and added some quality Juco players.

Pork Twain

February 01, 2012, 04:46:44 pm #274 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:56:57 pm by BeoPig™
As usual Arkansas fans are overreacting and insisting to see the glass as half empty.  They lose site of the fact that the guys we did sign are guys BP thought were good enough.  Were they option 1?  In some cases no but still worthy of a committable offer.  Another thing that is lost that we now have solid depth and are able to redshirt most of our classes and develop players.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bennyl08

We signed a pretty good class this year. I would love to fill up the last 3 spots with Neal, Diamond, and someone else, but if we miss on them, that just means we have more room for JUCO. Highsmith was an awesome pickup last year and I trust BP to find someone else if the current lineup falls short.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorcineSublime

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 01, 2012, 04:56:35 pm
We signed a pretty good class this year. I would love to fill up the last 3 spots with Neal, Diamond, and someone else, but if we miss on them, that just means we have more room for JUCO. Highsmith was an awesome pickup last year and I trust BP to find someone else if the current lineup falls short.
We have 24 signed as of now. Perhaps Dean will count back then we would have 23. For sure we could sign at least one more.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

spork

Sorry if already asked, but when will the yearly press conference where Petrino goes over all the recruits be expected to go up?  I know they're doing the thing in LR this year, but I wasn't sure if that's where it gets recorded, or not.

Thanks in advance.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: spork on February 01, 2012, 05:29:30 pm
Sorry if already asked, but when will the yearly press conference where Petrino goes over all the recruits be expected to go up?  I know they're doing the thing in LR this year, but I wasn't sure if that's where it gets recorded, or not.

Thanks in advance.
It was at 4pm. It should be on the archive of the school's website

xHawgWyldex

Aren't we only at 23? I thought Dean was a 2011 signee? Did that change since the last update I read from RD?

Zen_Hog

Since Dean has been enrolled this Spring wouldn't he count as a Greyshirt maybe? Are Greyshirts still part of the class they came out of HS with? If so, then we should be at 23 for 2012

CalicoHawgFan

Quote from: xHawgWyldex on February 01, 2012, 05:55:23 pm
Aren't we only at 23? I thought Dean was a 2011 signee? Did that change since the last update I read from RD?
Yes.

xHawgWyldex

al2305

So our last spot is either Diamond, Jacobs, or Neal?  Id take that, plus we got a Top LBer and a DT that we werent expecting, plus Dean.  I guess if we had to lose Gardner and DGB at least we filled some of the exact positions we needed to fill for them.  We do have plenty of receivers so we took a hit where we could afford to take a hit.

CalicoHawgFan

Flatline

Quote from: Cresthog on February 01, 2012, 09:33:59 am
At what point does Petrino's attitude and behavior really have to be taken seriously as a reason we are losing these guys.

The negative recruiting has to be KILLING us.

It's literally the ONLY logical reason.

Which behavior...The one where he cried on national television when he lost one of his kids...or the emotions of losing a big game...

I was wondering because they decided on a coach that has a drinking problem.

who knows

Quote from: Flatline on February 01, 2012, 11:38:54 pm
Which behavior...The one where he cried on national television when he lost one of his kids...or the emotions of losing a big game...

ZING!
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Cresthog

Quote from: Flatline on February 01, 2012, 11:38:54 pm

They got him.

We didn't.

What is your explanation other than the same old excuses we've heard since we hired Petrino?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cresthog on February 02, 2012, 09:31:13 am
They got him.

We didn't.

What is your explanation other than the same old excuses we've heard since we hired Petrino?

That's really funny since I've NEVER heard CBP make ANY excuse.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DeltaBoy

Read on my google news feed that a kid named Ward signed with the Hogs today.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogfanGC

sorry if it has been said but Dean was a 4* commit last year. He attended NWACC a semester to get his credits up before attending U of A

oldfart

tomhog looking forward to your summaries of the recruits, i am always happy to read more about the kids on your site, as i dont follow recruiting well enough to know much about them.

Tomhog™

Quote from: oldfart on February 09, 2012, 09:07:20 am
tomhog looking forward to your summaries of the recruits, i am always happy to read more about the kids on your site, as i dont follow recruiting well enough to know much about them.

If all goes as planned, I should be starting this weekend.

oldfart

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 09, 2012, 12:31:49 pm
If all goes as planned, I should be starting this weekend.

well you have hit pretty well in the past on your predictions..  i enjoy going back from time to time and read over them and see how well they have turned out...

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 13, 2012, 07:45:49 am
Well, I had to work a good bit over the weekend so will start projections asap.
I'm sure it will be worth the wait. You do a heck of a job and are appreciated by many.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse