Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will anyone pony up the $17 million?

Started by hoggusamoungus, March 17, 2018, 07:55:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

The_Iceman

peakhog

Mr. Porkleone

Finally. All games in Fayetteville where they belong

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on March 17, 2018, 07:55:28 am
Doubtful.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/mar/17/study-finds-17-million-needed-to-update/

Chump change for 3-4 of the bigger money people/families to chip-in who do business in the state of Arkansas and might have some personal connection to WMS. Of course, it isn't up to us to tell them how to spend/give their money and they might not be willing to do so unless there is a plan in place for a state funded program to maintain WMS for the future, once the money is donated for the renovation. The plan can't be to continue to go back to "the well".

Or, 170,000 people can send $100 each to the state.
Go Hogs Go!

Pig in the Pokey

How in the HELL would 17 million measly arsed dollaz help turn a hundred year old ghetto stadium into a modern one?

IF they were to drop ~80+ million and wrap it in a beautiful facade then I'd support a one game per year vs ASU scenario, but other than that, let's move on from Dodo-bird Stadium.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogcards

No problem.  They just paid over 20 million to get Jeff and The Fat Man out of town.  This is chump change.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Al Boarland

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 17, 2018, 11:12:40 am
How in the HELL would 17 million measly arsed dollaz help turn a hundred year old ghetto stadium into a modern one?

IF they were to drop ~80+ million and wrap it in a beautiful facade then I'd support a one game per year vs ASU scenario, but other than that, let's move on from Dodo-bird Stadium.

The number is closer to $27m.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: hogcards on March 17, 2018, 11:29:46 am
No problem.  They just paid over 20 million to get Jeff and The Fat Man out of town.  This is chump change.

Contractually obligated to do so.  After October, don't owe WMS jack.

ricepig

No one's paid $20m, lol.

gratefulhogg

If Hilary can still ride with Bill after the Monica situation, I can still ride with the Hogs after a Defeat!

DLUXHOG

They did demolish the old Texas Stadium when the Cowboys moved on to their new stadium.   And... old Texas Stadium had a much greater and significant history than WMS.... Just sayin....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

26.2Hog

Does that 17 million include a working clock?

Seebs

Just need the okay for the $17MM then scratch you head on the structural items discovered in the renovation that brings it to $80MM. You all know how this works folks.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

SooieGeneris

3,2,1, when does the Central AR crowd call for us to leave the SEC just so games can be continued there with the stadium in it's current dilapidated condition?

The Sun Belt will let us play there into perpetuity? Sign us up! (sarcasm)

If they want to persist in demanding games there, it's time for them to PUT UP OR SHUT UP. 17$ mil, 27$ mil, whatever it is, it wouldn't be a problem if they put their money where their mouths' are..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

ricepig

Porked Tongue

HeyHogs

They should demolish WMS and use the land for something else.  I believe it is a money pit at this point.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 17, 2018, 01:30:00 pm
They did demolish the old Texas Stadium when the Cowboys moved on to their new stadium.   And... old Texas Stadium had a much greater and significant history than WMS.... Just sayin....

There have been a lot of stadiums and ball fields around the country that have been demolished that are not on a college campus. A few have even been on a campus.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 17, 2018, 03:08:52 pm
Scrap metal should be worth more.

Unfortunately for that prospect most of it is concrete.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HeyHogs on March 17, 2018, 03:54:42 pm
They should demolish WMS and use the land for something else.  I believe it is a money pit at this point.
Can you tell me what you believe the winning powerball numbers will be tonight?

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 17, 2018, 05:36:33 pm
Can you tell me what you believe the winning powerball numbers will be tonight?

How much are you willing to pay for that info? I'm pretty sure I already possess the winning numbers, I can't really see sharing them with you.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on March 17, 2018, 05:47:27 pm
How much are you willing to pay for that info? I'm pretty sure I already possess the winning numbers, I can't really see sharing them with you.

It still wouldn't be enough, you'd be playing mega millions the next drawing..

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on March 17, 2018, 06:01:06 pm
It still wouldn't be enough, you'd be playing mega millions the next drawing..

Well, duh??

Atlhogfan1

Part of the reason Jeff was hated supposedly was he said WMS needed $10 million minimum. Now it comes in at $17 million minimum.  Who will the pro WMS —————— blame now? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dominicanhog

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 17, 2018, 06:16:33 pm
Part of the reason Jeff was hated supposedly was he said WMS needed $10 million minimum. Now it comes in at $17 million minimum.  Who will the pro WMS —————— blame now? 

This $17m isn't any of the $10m that the University said was needed, outside of new turf.

twistitup

I've said it before - if it's going to be a true memorial to our Veterans....then we need to update it and make it respectable

"War Memorial Stadium was originally built as a tribute to Arkansans who had given their lives in the service of their country during the two great World Wars. It has grown, over time, as a living tribute to all Arkansans who have served and paid the ultimate price for their country. Military personnel have been honored over the years through programs, tributes and monuments. The Sturgis Plaza opened in 2008 on the Westside of the stadium as a place of remembrance and reflection. The plaza was the centerpiece of the celebration of War Memorial Stadium's 60th anniversary and re-dedication."

If not, let's change the name and turn it into a concession workers development paradise.

http://www.wmstadium.com/stadium-info/stadium-history
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

navyhog24

This is before other things they'll find wrong during the reno that will make it go up even more. Watch it really be like 40 to 50M

Hawg414

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 17, 2018, 11:12:40 am

what are you hearing from your sources is going to happen?

oldbooniehog

Hawg414

Quote from: SooieGeneris on March 17, 2018, 02:26:26 pm
3,2,1, when does the Central AR crowd call for us to leave the SEC just so games can be continued there with the stadium in it's current dilapidated condition?

The Sun Belt will let us play there into perpetuity? Sign us up! (sarcasm)

If they want to persist in demanding games there, it's time for them to PUT UP OR SHUT UP. 17$ mil, 27$ mil, whatever it is, it wouldn't be a problem if they put their money where their mouths' are..

first of all, who is "they?"  it is a state owned facility.  "they" is any resident of arkansas.

secondly, how much money did you "put up" in the beautification of DWRRS?  i'd almost guarantee you plenty of that money came from central arkansas as well.

to call it dilapidated is quite a reach.  it is built the same way all stadiums used to be built.  sure, it lacks the lipstick that is required of newer stadiums, but it functions just fine. 

Großer Kriegschwein

March 17, 2018, 10:09:22 pm #35 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:27:44 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: Hawg414 on March 17, 2018, 10:00:15 pm
what are you hearing from your sources is going to happen?

Otto Delaney can't say and Lenny the Pimp says it's too close to call.

Will pass more information thru their attorneys
This is my non-signature signature.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 17, 2018, 05:05:15 pm
There have been a lot of stadiums and ball fields around the country that have been demolished that are not on a college campus. A few have even been on a campus.

So....  you think that WMS is on a college campus? (No, it's closer to Little Rock Zoo by two than UAMS.....what's your point?)

99toLife

It's a dump, and any money spent on it now is like waxing a garbage truck. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:37:49 pm

Meh

WMS upgrades have zero to do with the University.

Some just don't want it to get any upgrades so they can use it as another justification for pulling out of any further games.

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 10:44:08 pm
Meh

WMS upgrades have zero to do with the University.

Some just don't want it to get any upgrades so they can use it as another justification for pulling out of any further games.

It makes no sense to play any Arkansas games at that pit.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:46:34 pm
It makes no sense to play any Arkansas games at that pit.

That's the real reason you don't want to upgrade the stadium.

You don't want any games in LR.

Honesty is a virtue.

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 10:47:37 pm

Honesty is a virtue.

I could care less what they do with WMS, Razorbacks should never play there..ever.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:49:17 pm
I could care less what they do with WMS, Razorbacks should never play there..ever.

That's not what you said here.

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:37:49 pm

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 10:51:04 pm
That's not what you said here.
Anyone that wants to spend any money on that crap hole is wasting their money. 

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 10:47:37 pm

Honesty is a virtue.

Well now, it also could be because WMS is 189 miles from the actual campus of the University of Arkansas.....   just think about that....

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:51:56 pm
Anyone that wants to spend any money of that crap hole is wasting there money.

If the commission raises the money for upgrades, why do you care?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 17, 2018, 10:52:26 pm
Well now, it also could be because WMS is 189 miles from the actual campus of the University of Arkansas.....   just think about that....

Didn't hurt the team when they bussed there every other weekend of the season 30 years ago.

But that's not what we're talking about.

What's wrong with upgrading WMS.

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 10:52:48 pm
If the commission raises the money for upgrades, why do you care?

I don't.  Spend away.  Just no Razorback games there ever.

99toLife

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 17, 2018, 10:53:40 pm
Didn't hurt the team when they bussed there every other weekend of the season 30 years ago.

HA!   That's your logic.. Wow.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 99toLife on March 17, 2018, 10:54:00 pm
I don't.  Spend away.  Just no Razorback games there ever.

I'm sorry, but you prolly won't get your wish.